'There's two dead children in the pool!' Florida mother makes frantic 911 call after

HMSHood

Admiral-Class Battlecruiser
Reaction score
'There's two dead children in the pool!' Florida mother makes frantic 911 call after seeing two kids drowning from her office window - not realizing it was her OWN TWINS
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nowing-two-year-old-twins-floating-water.html

A Florida woman placed a 911 call last week to report two children who appeared to be drowning in the neighborhood pool - not knowing that those were her own kids.

The incident took place last Thursday outside an apartment complex in Sunrise.

On Tuesday, police announced that Althea Bradford's 2-year-old daughter, Jada Roman, passed away after clinging to life for five days.

That has to be really horrible for the mother to not realize those twins are her and one had already died and other is clinging to life. :(

The children were under the care of a baby sitter.

The tragedy played out Thursday morning while Jada and Henry Roman were in the care of a baby sitter.

The unnamed woman told police that the twins sneaked out of her apartment at the Oasis of Springrtree housing complex while she was in the bathroom and made their way to the community pool some 150 feet away.

Omg what a nightmare she will never wake from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh how horrible. I cannot even imagine.
Sending prayers for mom.

Lame excuse from the babysitter.

Notice to all babysitters of small children, buy peel and stick door alarms they work very well. Jmo

ciao

How heartbreaking. I'm praying for her, I hope she is strong.

Damn that babysitter for not paying closer attention!

Lame excuse from the babysitter.

Notice to all babysitters of small children, buy peel and stick door alarms they work very well. Jmo

ciao

Great idea! I didn't know about them.

I grew up in South Florida and now live in Southern California, both places where drowning is one of the most common cause of death among children.

When our grandkids visit (now ages 7, 10 and 14), we never let them swim without at least two adults (one in the water and one on the deck) in attendance. We do this even though all three kids not only swim, but swim competitively on organized teams.

At night we lock the back doors out of their reach so they have no access to the pool area. (Not that they've ever tried: they are really very well behaved. And, no, it's a small house; this isn't a fire hazard.)

I'm certainly not blaming the mother in this case; I'm just saying that IMO you can't be too careful with children around water.

From where it sits at the moment I don't think door alarms were the problem. These very small children were not being watched.

When my son was a toddler I had a house with a built in pool. The doors had alarms and high locks, the pool gate had a padlock, and the pool itself had an alarm in anything heavier than 10 pounds fell in!
And I still found myself checking, checking and rechecking!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From where it sits at the moment I don't think door alarms were the problem. These very small children were not being watched.

That's my point, the alarm would have gone off as soon as the door was opened. Even if the kids could unlock the door they could not get pass the alarm. Jmo

It's really irresponsible not to have safety measures in place, especially if one makes money watching other people's children. Moo jmo
ciao

Thanks, night watch.

BTW, the fact that children need to be supervised around water is NOT an excuse to avoid teaching them to swim as soon as possible! What's that technical term for systems that have more than one safety feature built in?

Thanks, night watch.

BTW, the fact that children need to be supervised around water is NOT an excuse to avoid teaching them to swim as soon as possible! What's that technical term for systems that have more than one safety feature built in?

Redundancy:) Great weekend to ya!

ciao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie