CA CA - Matthew Chase, 22, Los Angeles, 2 June 1988

scriptgirl

Reaction score
Got this from from Unsolved Wiki:

Details: Twenty-two-year-old Matthew Chase vanished shortly after using an ATM in Los Angeles, California. A close up analysis of the ATM footage which Matthew used shows the face of someone, possibly his killer hovering over him. This person has not been identified. Police believe that Chase may have been signaling for help by asking for withdrawals that exceeded the limit for the day. On June 27, three weeks later, Matt's car was found and several witnesses claim to have met with Matt at homeless shelters shortly afterwards, leaving his parents and friends to hope that he is still alive.

A composite of Matthew's killer
Added by Unsolved243
Suspects: No suspects have been named in this case. Although a bandana found in Matthew's abandoned car suggests he may have fallen victim to gang members. Two composites have been made of the abductor.
Extra Notes: This segment originally aired on the December 21, 1988 episode. According to TV Guide, it was originally scheduled to air on the November 23, 1988 episode of Unsolved Mysteries but was postponed.
Results: Unresolved. Three months after Matthew's disappearance, his body was found shot to death in a ravine near Pasadena, California. His killer has not been caught and the case remains unsolved.
Links: None

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Matthew_Chase

Hi, scriptgirl. We have to include links when we copy from another source. I added it in for you this time. ;)

Here's another link with a composite of the suspect.

mur_matthew_chase3.jpg
mur_matthew_chase1.jpg

http://www.unsolved.com/ajaxfiles/mur_matthew_chase.htm

I just saw this case for the second time. I'm surprised it's still unsolved.

Archangel. I'm not, especially if it gang related. But did anyone ever narrow down what gangs could have been involved?

Bump. Unsolved Mysteries re-aired the case today. It's still unsolved

What are the addresses of the ATMs that Matthew was taken to?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back