1499 users online (254 members and 1245 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Australia - Daniel Morcombe, 13, Woombye, QLD, 7 Dec 2003 - #2

Daniel is missing from Austrailia, but as it was a tourist, area, some family members suspect he may have been taken overseas.

Daniel Morcombe - MISSING, FEARED ABDUCTED

Date of Birth: 19.12.89 (now 14 years old)
    Physical Description: 150cm in Height of stocky build with dark collar length hair.

Last Seen: approx 2.10pm Sunday the 7th of December 2003, Under the Kiel Mountain Road overpass on Nambour Connection Road (UBD 66L15) adjacent to the Christian Outreach Centre Woombye, Queensland .

Clothing Worn: A Red 'T' Shirt with the word "Billabong" printed on the front, dark knee length shorts, white socks and light coloured Globe shoes.

Daniel was carrying a distinctive 'fob' style Watch. It is engraved with the word "DAN".
    Daniel also had a Wallet containing around $150 cash, a phone card and School ID.

IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT COULD HELP THE INVESTIGATION INTO DANIEL'S DISAPPEARANCE CONTACT CRIME STOPPERS EMAIL crimestoppers@police.qld.gov.au AT ANY TIME. INFORMATION CAN BE PROVIDED ANONYMOUSLY. CASH REWARDS MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR CERTAIN INFORMATION.

News story:

Tuesday, 16th March 2004.
    Parents can assist with Daniel Morcombe case
    Blue car seen parked near local school, say witnesses
    THE blue car linked to the abduction of Palwoods teenager Daniel Morcombe may be
    the same vehicle seen parked near a local school in the months before his December
    disappearance.
    Two witnesses have told police they each saw an earlymodel blue sedan parked in the
    vicinity of Woombye State School before Daniel was abducted on Sunday, December 7,
    from the nearby Kiel Mountain Road overpass.
    Detective Inspector John Maloney was yesterday reluctant to say the car's occupants
    had been ''staking out'' the area with the intention of abducting a child but said this was
    a potential scenario police were investigating.
    ''Well, it's a possibility ... and that is why we need to identify the vehicle and eliminate it
    from the investigation,'' Det Insp Maloney said.
    He said investigations of the car at the centre of Daniel's abduction had dominated
    police resources that could otherwise be channelled into other aspects of the
    investigation.
    ''We need to find (the car), identify it and we need to find out why it was here.'' Police
    today will wrap up a mammoth four-day doorknock of hundreds of Woombye homes.
    Det Insp Maloney hoped that would bring fresh information from residents who
    remembered seeing the blue car.
    A mobile information booth was also set up yesterday on Pine Grove Road , about 200
    m from the Woombye school.
    ''There may well be someone out there who has seen this car and was suspicious of it ,
    parents are generally very wary (about cars near schools) , and maybe someone has
    jotted down a registration number,'' Det Insp Maloney said.

Thread 1

http://www.projectjason.org
    Last edited by marlywings; 08-10-2014 at 06:14 AM.

kileyizzle is offline ♥ we have but two lives. The life we learn with, & the life after that ♥

Slander FB page on Missing Child Daniel Morcombe

School acts on Facebook bullies as anger grows over Morcombe

'Twenty students from Springwood State High School have been disciplined . . . in relation to their involvement in an inappropriate Facebook group," he said.

The news comes after a private Brisbane boys school has been forced to suspend a senior student after Denise Morcombe confronted the college over an offensive Facebook site about her missing son.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...16-952,00.html

Acess is still avaliable to both sites, and while hundreds have reported there is still access to it.

Seriously - The slander they used about Danile is disgusting, Suspension? I would of that somehting ALOT harsher

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8946653&ref=ts - People in search of Daniel Morcombe

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...d=273443636035 - " I will give Daniel Back "

this seems to be an epidemic down there.

A private Brisbane Boy's School. Sounds pretty expensive for some to turn out with such bad behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    A private Brisbane Boy's School. Sounds pretty expensive for some to turn out with such bad behavior.
    quite the opposite, imo. there spoiled brats who dont care

kileyizzle is offline ♥ we have but two lives. The life we learn with, & the life after that ♥
    It is; What i find most disgusting is since it's been on the news more people have joined.

It's frustrating as anything sitting back and watching these kids get off scot free. Seriously i would love to put them in a room with the family; and have them joke about the tragedy that occured to their son.

Suspension ? No way i want these kids to suffer. I don't particulary care that they are private school kids or public school. What i care about is that they have slandered a childs name; who can't defend himself.

It's still not entirely clear what happened to Daniel.

Makes me so irrationally angry that i just might hurt myself

Quote Originally Posted by kileyizzle View Post
    School acts on Facebook bullies as anger grows over Morcombe

'Twenty students from Springwood State High School have been disciplined . . . in relation to their involvement in an inappropriate Facebook group," he said.

The news comes after a private Brisbane boys school has been forced to suspend a senior student after Denise Morcombe confronted the college over an offensive Facebook site about her missing son.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...16-952,00.html

Acess is still avaliable to both sites, and while hundreds have reported there is still access to it.

Seriously - The slander they used about Danile is disgusting, Suspension? I would of that somehting ALOT harsher

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...8946653&ref=ts - People in search of Daniel Morcombe

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...d=273443636035 - " I will give Daniel Back "
    I can't even bring myself to look at the FB pages. Daniels parents have already been through more than any parent should have to endure.
    ITA about a much harsher punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by kileyizzle View Post
    It is; What i find most disgusting is since it's been on the news more people have joined.

It's frustrating as anything sitting back and watching these kids get off scot free. Seriously i would love to put them in a room with the family; and have them joke about the tragedy that occured to their son.Suspension ? No way i want these kids to suffer. I don't particulary care that they are private school kids or public school. What i care about is that they have slandered a childs name; who can't defend himself.

It's still not entirely clear what happened to Daniel.

Makes me so irrationally angry that i just might hurt myself
    BBM- Even better would be to put them in a room with Daniels kidnapper/killer when they finally catch him.

People often say on the threads here that they have tears in their eyes after hearing some particularlly bad news, but I am beyond apalled at this. THIS could make me cry in a minute if I let myself go there. One of the sickest most inhumane things I've ever heard of. I dont care how old the "people" are that made this page. The younger they are the sadder it is, really. I am just so beyond shocked by this I cant really even articulate..

Is it just me, or has the "I will give Daniel back" FB page been taken down now?
    When I click on the link it goes to my profile page.

Quote Originally Posted by butwhatif? View Post
    Is it just me, or has the "I will give Daniel back" FB page been taken down now?
    When I click on the link it goes to my profile page.
    It is finally down.

Elise Hughan ‏@EliseHughan 22s
    Bradley, Dean, Bruce and Denise #Morcombe enter court to hear a jury verdict 11 years in the making. pic.twitter.com/y2yFucS0sI via @tennewsql

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bik3K9vCQAEill1.jpg

GUILTY!

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 13s
    Brett Cowan guilty of indecent treatment of a child. #morcombe @abcnews

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 39s
    Brett Cowan guilty of murder. #morcombe @abcnews

CONVICTED ON ALL THREE COUNTS: GUILTY

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 42s
    Asked if he has anything to say, Cowan answers "No.". #morcombe

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m
    Cowan is being informed of his rights. Asked if he has anything to say, he replied "no". #morcombe

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
    Cowan now standing as he's convicted of murder, indecent dealing with a child and interfering with a corpse. #morcombe @abcnews

Very emotional day for the Morcombe family. Our thoughts are with you.

Justice is about to be meted out.

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast