906 users online (164 members and 742 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OK - Eugene Williams, 62, Washita County, 2 March 2014

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=...7&catId=112032

Called non-emergency number saying he was being chased by LE, was told no LE pursuing anyone. Said he was cold and near a canyon/by a twenty foot drop, was told to hang up and call 911 so they could get his location.

Hasn't been heard from since.

Poor guy. I didn't see his age but it sounds like a schizophrenic episode. He thought the non-emergency # was less of a threat somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    Poor guy. I didn't see his age but it sounds like a schizophrenic episode. He thought the non-emergency # was less of a threat somehow.
    Maybe except the article says he has no history of mental illness. It's also eerily similar to another case out of Texas:

TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-28-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

What I can't figure out is why call the non emergency number? 911 is so much easier. I'd actually have to look up the non-emergency number.

Here is the same article but with a pix. I was thinking of a younger person for some reason. Sounds like some kind of mental episode. Forgive me if someone already posted this.
    http://www.news9.com/story/24961117/...-call-for-help

Quote Originally Posted by Hejlena View Post
    What I can't figure out is why call the non emergency number? 911 is so much easier. I'd actually have to look up the non-emergency number.
    That is exactly what I thought. Who knows non-emergency # by heart or has it in their phone? What an odd case. Hope he is located soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    Hi LadyL,

He is 63. Sorry he isn't getting more attention. Sounds like he really needs help. I guess they are doing all they can to locate him.

"The missing person is Eugene Marshall Williams, who will be 63 years old tomorrow. He was living most recently in the Oklahoma City area but formerly resided in Elk City where he has relatives."

http://www.clintondailynews.com/news...ds-bessie-area

Quote Originally Posted by Hejlena View Post
    http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=...7&catId=112032

Called non-emergency number saying he was being chased by LE, was told no LE pursuing anyone. Said he was cold and near a canyon/by a twenty foot drop, was told to hang up and call 911 so they could get his location.

Hasn't been heard from since.
    How do you think he found a non-emergency number? that's not something you keep usually in your cell phone numbers? Was he familiar with the area and maybe googled the number? I just find that strange. Not saying it didn't happen, but if I am lost and scared, I would just call 911.

This is so much like Brandon Lawson's case from Texas I am following.

I am wondering if LE chased him from Washita county to the county line of Beckham County and stopped? I am sure LE would have checked for that sort of incident.

Also, him stating I'm not loaded. I guess it could mean I'm not carrying a weapon, but I think it means I'm not drunk!

A 20 foot fall into a canyon would be pretty debilitating.

If he wasn't drunk, had no drug problem or history of mental illness, why run from LE?

Just a few questions I have come up with in this case.

I guess I'm weird because I do have the non emergency police number programmed into my phone.

Hope this guy is OK !

Quote Originally Posted by nannymo View Post
    How do you think he found a non-emergency number? that's not something you keep usually in your cell phone numbers? Was he familiar with the area and maybe googled the number? I just find that strange. Not saying it didn't happen, but if I am lost and scared, I would just call 911.

This is so much like Brandon Lawson's case from Texas I am following.
    bbm-- Someone else thinks that as well, Nannymo. WHAT is going on? To me that pix looks like it could be a mug shot. (?) Maybe he has had trouble with LE before. Haven't heard anything about searches, etc. Nothing really, except he's missing. Strange.

"This phone call sounds familiar to the one that Brandon Lawson made when he called 911 and said he was being chased, except Eugene called the non-emergency number."

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.c...-oklahoma.html

Quote Originally Posted by mrsobrien View Post
    I guess I'm weird because I do have the non emergency police number programmed into my phone.

Hope this guy is OK !
    bbm - I'm starting to think I'm weird becuz I don't! Not a bad idea actually.

I actually know our non-emergency police number by heart-living in the city, across from a public park, in the midst of five different colleges for twelve years--I've become a sort of "neighborhood lookout".

As someone pointed out-if he felt he was being "chased" by cops, why not pull over?

And honestly, I've been around long enough to see many people who claimed they were not "loaded" but felt the need to point that out precisely because they were undeniably so.

However the article did clarify he did not have a history of drug problems or mental illness.

It's been twelve days. Not much news, and nothing I can find from family or friends.

Quote Originally Posted by ;10335827
    I actually know our non-emergency police number by heart-living in the city, across from a public park, in the midst of five different colleges for twelve years--I've become a sort of "neighborhood lookout".

As someone pointed out-if he felt he was being "chased" by cops, why not pull over?

And honestly, I've been around long enough to see many people who claimed they were not "loaded" but felt the need to point that out precisely because they were undeniably so.

However the article did clarify he did not have a history of drug problems or mental illness.

It's been twelve days. Not much news, and nothing I can find from family or friends.
    Hejlena, Everything you say makes perfect sense. He obviously was messed up, for lack of a better word, to think LE was in pursuit but not pull over. We don't know in what way he was "messed up" tho.... They still need to find this elderly man dead or alive. He is someone's loved one.
    P.S. Hejlena, from reading your posts. I know U care. Didn't mean to sound otherwise. :-)
    Last edited by Kelly Faraday; 03-14-2014 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Added note at end of post.

A bit more information. According to this, he called his mother and sister as well. Mother gave him non-emergency number.

Also says about a week later Sheriff responded to a homeowner' call about a suspicious person near the area where he went missing. Nothing found, but this gives me hope that he is holed up in someone's outbuildings somehow surviving.

http://www.kecofm.com/pages/18571570...entId=14860765

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast