986 users online (187 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MS - Livia Harris, 55, Senatobia, 8 March 2014

http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/...9EyuSi83mMh6qw

Police found Harris’ car running in the middle of the West Helena, AR bridge.

Vigil Planned For Missing Senatobia Woman

http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/...mEmCrsLGscPrCg

03/14/2014 06:07 PM
    03/14/2014 06:22 PM

SENATOBIA, MS (localmemphis.com)--A prayer vigil will be held Saturday for a Senatobia mother missing for almost a week.

MS - Livia Harris, 55, Senatobia, 8 Mar 2014

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/loc...CEmRBjDqInoY0g

The article says that she was reportedly seen pacing in front of a grocery store 20 miles away the day after her car was found on the bridge. Police say the disappearance has been suspicious from the start. Relatives say she left a note at home saying she went too run an errand.

I have seen quotes from her son and cousin but not a one from a husband or boyfriend or ex. Wonder what the situation is there?

(I had the wrong link when I posted this. It is fixed now.)
    Last edited by TGIRecovered; 03-15-2014 at 08:16 PM.

My first thought when reading her car was found abandoned on the bridge was: suicide.

This article confirms that this is the most likely possibility of what occured.

Body of woman believed jumped off Helena Bridge sought

http://www.helena-arkansas.com/artic...9696/1994/NEWS

A Senatobia, Miss. woman allegedly jumped from the Helena Bridge Saturday. At least 2 Memphis TV stations reported that Livia Harris reportedly wrote a suicide note before parking her car on the Helena Bridge and allegedly leaping into the Mississippi River.

http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/...skCcH7DZd_XiVA

I read an article earlier that said her family was convinced she didn't jump. (?)

http://www.clarionledger.com/article...nclick_check=1

Senatobia Police Department Investigator Lisa Sanders told the Democrat that Harris left a note for family members that stated she was going to take care of an errand in Como. Harris left another note that Sanders said she thinks could be interpreted in a number of ways.

I would think it odd if someone left a note in a running car, on a bridge, that was anything other than a suicide note. Usually it comes out later that the person was having some issues. I think families hesitate to tell that up front. I hope they can find their loved one soon.

MS - Livia Harris, 55, Senatobia, 8 Mar 2014

I think she left the note at home not in the car. A normal "be right back" note , not suicide note. Don't remember which news outlet so MOO

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    I think she left the note at home not in the car. A normal "be right back" note , not suicide note. Don't remember which news outlet so MOO
    Per a post or two above, there were two notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianmom2three View Post

I see it now, thanks!

Anyone know what the not from the car said? Was it in the same writing as the first note?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw a tweet tonight that stated the search has been called off. I'm not linking it because her daughter tweeted it. We have a mutual friend who retweeted the tweet. There was no other info except that they were hoping for closure soon. We have not had any news of this in our area.

Thank you , Quill. I've been looking for information about this poor lady for a while without finding anything. It seems as if they really didn't spend a lot of time looking for her or explore any ideas other than simply jumping off of the bridge. I'm still not totally convinced that's what happened.

Do you know or do you get a feeling that the family accepts this as probable suicide?

If she's in the water, she may surface now. I have seen two this week on WS, not including Danielle Locklear, that have surfaced from cold water.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Thank you , Quill. I've been looking for information about this poor lady for a while without finding anything. It seems as if they really didn't spend a lot of time looking for her or explore any ideas other than simply jumping off of the bridge. I'm still not totally convinced that's what happened.

Do you know or do you get a feeling that the family accepts this as probable suicide?

Let me start by saying that although I do not personally know this family, I know of them. LH's daughter was a standout in her high school sport, so everyone in our league knew who she was. Sad to say I saw her thread here before ever hearing it on the news. I live way south of their area ( about 3 hours). When I saw the town, the last name and then the resemblance to the daughter I was thinking it was this family. Then I saw the RT I mentioned above and knew for sure. Sad to be right sometimes.

I did look through the daughter's (public) tweets and gathered that amidst the confusion, I saw some amount of resignation. That's just my opinion. That said, there wasn't much there, so not much to go on to form a firm opinion on the family's vibe.

It's just so sad. I hope they find her.
    Last edited by Quill; 04-09-2014 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Added word

Has there been any news or anything at all about this lady? I'm afraid that not long after I posted my last post the daughter deactivated her twitter account. I wondered if she was reading here and it creeped her out that I had seen her twitter. I hate that, if that's the reason. It's exactly why I chose not to link to her account.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast