677 users online (63 members and 614 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Georgia Jean Weckler

All 3 are still living around Ft Atkinson, and Kate was the one where I got a good B&W picture of her. I just went and had it sent in to be colorized for that purpose. With all of the modern technology that is now available that could be used and the trained dogs could be used. If she is there in that area I think she would be along the banks and near where she was put. Since I don't that river or current flow it maybe not that strong, just a theory.

GJW 2nd Site Updated

Just a note that my 2nd site was updated today with another web site that I found. That has more of the same information and some about a Green House where she maybe
    j

I am clearing off my article storage, so I thought I'd post this before I delete it for those interested:

Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune
    Wednesday, August 20, 1947

FAIL TO LINK LEG BONES WITH MISSING FARM GIRL

Centerville, Wis.-(AP) Mystery continued today to surround the leg bones of a small child found on a nearby Lake Michigan beach Sunday after shoes and a purse discovered in the area were declared not to belong to a missing Wisconsin girl.

George Weckler, whose eight year old daughter, Georgia Jean, disappeared from their Fort Atkinson, Wis. farm home last May 1, arrived yesterday with two deputies and took the purse and shoes back to Fort Atkinson where he and Mrs. Weckler declared they did not belong to Georgia Jean.

Tuned Over To FBI
    The bones, which Manitowoc county sheriff Arthur Truttschel said were from a child about eight years old and complete from hip to foot of the right leg, were taken by Weckler and the deputies to Milwaukee, where they were turned over to the FBI for study.

Officials of Manitowoc and nearby Sheboygen counties asserted there were no children reported missing from that area. Sheboygen county Coroner Wesley Van Vanten added he believed the bone had been exposed for five or six months before it was found, along with a piece of shriveled human flesh, by two Sheboygen men strolling on the beach.

Find Purse, Shoes
    An intensive search of the beach followed the discovery, and yesterday the purse and small shoes were found in the sand, along with several other odds and ends of discarded clothing which officials did not believe had any connection with the bones.

The Weckler girl was last seen after school on the afternoon of May 1, when she stepped out of a neighbor's car and started up a lane leading to her home. Despite an exhaustive search and hundreds of tips, no clue to her disappearance ever has been found.

Hope those bones still exist...

Thanks for the article , Hollow. I wonder if the FBI still has these bones. With today's technology maybe we could get some answers. So the only reason the bones were not thought to be Georgia's is because the purse and shoes weren't hers? Those items may be completely unrelated to the bones. Even after DNA testing if it is found not to be Georgia, then who could they belong to? Very interesting.

I know, that's excactly what I thought. Maybe they can have an answer, and maybe they can go back and recover the rest of the remains, they may hold a clue of what happened to her.

I just updated Georgia's profile on the Charley Project. It would be interesting to know whether Buford Sennett was blond like the kidnap suspect was. He was about the right age anyway. What a *******. I hope he stays in prison until he rots. From the sounds of it, he will.

Question

Maybe I misread or misunderstood something- there was a lot to read on that website.

Does anyone know why Georgia was afraid of being kidnapped?

anneinchicago

Quote Originally Posted by anneinchicago
    Maybe I misread or misunderstood something- there was a lot to read on that website.

Does anyone know why Georgia was afraid of being kidnapped?

anneinchicago
    I think the reason was she had heard about the 1946 kidnapping/murder of 6 year old Suzanne Degnan in Chicago. It was big news at the time. There may be other reasons but that is what I remember reading about.

Where is Buford Sennet today?

SENNETT BUFORD C.
    born 09/14/1925
    Is currently in Custody at JACKSON CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
    Wisconsin Department of Corrections

The guy was 21 when Georgia went missing. He is now 80. I wonder what he has to say about Georgia's disapearance today?

Current website and a secondary website are to current information (http://home.comcast.net/~georgiajean). May 1st will be the 60 year anniverisary of her kidnapping. Recently had a call about Georgia and Edward Gein's involvement. Told him she was just a footnote in his book and ask him to visit the website. So maybe another book is coming and hopefully focusing on Georgia Jean and not Gein.

Thanks for the update, John. I was just reading about her again on Charley Project the other day. Did the person you received the call from say he was writing a book about Georgia Jean?

I'm going to read through all the info again on your website soon, it's been a while since I've been there. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family with the 60th anniversary of her disappearance approaching.

Just a thought - there is mention that the photo of Georgia Jean Weckler was taken at a "fashion show". This makes me wonder if someone at the show might be responsible for taking her. We know about child predators and how they like to hang out where children are present (school, arcades, parks, etc.)

Does anyone know if that angle was ever investigated?

They were doing information searches on Ed Gein and just came across my letter to Wisconsin DOJ about Georgia. Told him to go to my website. Sounds like he was up around that area, maybe Madison??? It's hard to think the way they did back then with all the things we have now to find people. Anyway it's 60 years ago today. jjw

Praying for the Weckler family. 60 years is too long to go without answers.

I too am keeping the Weckler's in my thoughts and prayers today. I can't imagine the 60 years of agony that they have been through.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast