1463 users online (275 members and 1188 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

OH - Samuel Wiater, 21, Athens, 13 March 2014

Samuel J. Wiater

Search Underway In Southeast Ohio For Missing Man -

Authorities are searching for a 21-year-old Athens man whose mother has reported went missing Thursday night. According to a release from the Athens Police, they have reason to believe Samuel J. Wiater headed toward the Hocking River after leaving his Lancaster Street residence around 9:30 p.m.
    http://www.athensnews.com/ohio/artic...thens-man.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Samuel J. Wiater

Search Underway In Southeast Ohio For Missing Man -

http://www.athensnews.com/ohio/artic...thens-man.html
    Wow..that is worded strange! I thought for a minute his Mom was missing too.

He was headed towards the river?!
    Sleuthing....from the perch.

From article above:
    Wiater is described as a white male, about 6-foot-1 and 175 pounds, thin, with long reddish-brown hair and hazel/green eyes.

He was last seen wearing blue jeans, black tennis shoes, and a blue Baja hoodie, the release said.

The dogs were apparently brought into play to search the area after Wiater's vehicle was found at an entry point to the bike path off Currier Street in Athens.
    I hope he didn't harm himself...

his facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ilikebeaversman

nothing much on there other than his employers. he seems to be a delivery man, but the police report makes it sound like the wasn't working.

i live in this state, and this is a very rural area. athens is a college town (home of Ohio University) i double checked and OU has already had their spring break, so students should have been in the town during the time he went missing.
    "The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."
    -Mark Twain

Oh man, this is my hometown! North Lancaster street is mostly student housing, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Ohio University or even Hocking College just a few miles away in Nelsonville.

He looks so young. I have a son the same age. I hope Samuel is okay.
    "They say that what you mock will surely overtake you. And you become a monster , so the monster will not break you. " *U2*:

"Did you say it? I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. You changed my life." Did you say it? Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then, look around; Drink it in 'cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow." ~Meredith Grey~

Where is Brandy Hall?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42348

Praying he's ok!!!!!
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Jeff and his wife, Trina, said their son had just turned 21 and was in good spirits Tuesday. Two days later, his mother Trina said, Sam made a panicked phone call asking for help.

"His girlfriend says that he left the apartment at about 9:30 p.m. and he was upset and he just drove off. We don't know exactly what transpired," Trina said.
    His vehicle was located parked near the bike path access on Currier Street.
    Trina said Sam's girlfriend found his car near a bike path where he would walk his dog near the Hocking River.
    His family says he is not in any legal trouble, but think he may be in hiding.
    http://www.nbc4i.com/story/24990825/...r-frantic-call

another boy vanishing near water.
    -Mark Twain

Another article, this one has some new details:
    http://thenewpolitical.com/informati...man-continues/

1. Sam wasn't a student, but he was in a band/pizza delivery man and was living independently.
    2. phone call with his mom was suddenly disconnected, he left his apartment after that without his phone.
    3. police EXTENSIVELY checked the water and all accounts say he did NOT enter the water that night.

Where is Sam??
    Last edited by ohhieliz; 03-19-2014 at 02:40 PM. Reason: connected vs. disconnected, woops!
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ohhieliz View Post
    Another article, this one has some new details:
    http://thenewpolitical.com/informati...man-continues/

1. Sam wasn't a student, but he was in a band/pizza delivery man and was living independently.
    2. phone call with his mom was suddenly disconnected, he left his apartment after that without his phone.
    3. police EXTENSIVELY checked the water and all accounts say he did NOT enter the water that night.

Where is Sam??
    They may have extensively checked the water but,IMO,they will find him in the water. Too many cases like these. Similar circumstances in other cases where phone call is suddenly disconnected. I hope I'm wrong but after following all the strange disappearances of young men who ultimately end up in water,I don't think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
    They may have extensively checked the water but,IMO,they will find him in the water. Too many cases like these. Similar circumstances in other cases where phone call is suddenly disconnected. I hope I'm wrong but after following all the strange disappearances of young men who ultimately end up in water,I don't think I am.
    I agree with you. Family members stated on SM that divers were checking for Sam today in the river.
    -Mark Twain

Accd to a family members SM (so take that for what it's worth), LE and parents found a note at his apartment stating he is scared, parents believe he is alive.

I do not understand why the search/investigation efforts haven't garnered more publicity, especially because Athens isn't a large town.
    -Mark Twain

I've been having a bad feeling about this case from the beginning. I just hope he is still alive and will be located soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ohhieliz View Post
    Accd to a family members SM (so take that for what it's worth), LE and parents found a note at his apartment stating he is scared, parents believe he is alive.

I do not understand why the search/investigation efforts haven't garnered more publicity, especially because Athens isn't a large town.
    Honestly, I'm not surprised it hasn't been widely publicized. I was born and raised there and graduated from the university, and there's a kind of disconnect between the university people and the actual townspeople, and Samuel isn't really associated with either. He wasn't a student, so the university isn't paying attention, and he wasn't from Athens or the surrounding area, so people probably don't see him as a "real" resident (if that makes sense?). Of course this is just my opinion, but I do know the town pretty well.

I asked my dad, who owns a bookstore in the uptown (aka university) area, and he says the two local papers have run pictures every few days as recently as Saturday.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast