1098 users online (211 members and 887 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

India - Baby Having 2 Heads Born - Seriously

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...born-in-india/

‘Baby Having 2 Heads’ Born in India

Conjoined twins born at a hospital in India appear to share everything below their two, separate heads, hospital officials told ABCNews.com.

“Yes this report is perfectly true that we have delivered a female baby having two heads,” Dr. Ashish Sehgal, the CEO of Cygnus JK Hindu Hospital, told ABCNews.com in an email. “She is presently alive and healthy.”...

That's gonna be hard to grow up with. This isn't a joke.

Last edited by KateB; 05-29-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

yes i thought of them ms.........saw them on TLC many years ago.......

bless them, can you imagine?? paint me impressed
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

I wonder how bad the neck of the one with their head at a weird angle hurts.

Because they are completely cojoined except for the heads, it's not going to be possible to separate the two.
    Just my opinion

If there is only one heart, the infant won't survive. The Hensel twins have two hearts, which is very uncommon in such completely conjoined twins.

This is just awful for the poor little babies and the parents also. Thoughts and prayers.

Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. Please consider a shelter or rescue pet.

The baby doesn't have two heads - those are two babies. Unfortunately the outcome won't be good, but it's unfortunate when people sensationalize it as a person with extra body parts. Biologically, that can't really happen - it's an absorbed twin that in most cases is not functional. It's very sad when both are functional and one or both will die.

Oh those babies that were able to see each other after the surgery Melt my heart!

I couldn't watch or read anything about conjoined twins for years after having my id twins. I remember when they were born the dr. showing me how the umbilical cords were about touching on the placenta. An early split is what he told me. Now I watch and I'm in awe and sad and happy at those surgeries that work.

These babies here, one body and two heads. Ugh, it just doesn't seem plausible, how will this work. They could never be split to be their two little individual selves. Can they live this way? Can they be healthy? Can they be happy????

All of the good stories we see, there are many more sad endings though. There's no way these two could be successfully split so really the question is can they maneuver this world as is?

They can live if they have two hearts. Otherwise, no.

Conjoined twins are created by a late seperation of the egg into two, not an early one.

Thoracopagus twins share a heart, which, depending on how closely they are joined, makes it nearly impossible to separate them and save both the lives.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab...1-1194733.aspx

I don't think I want to know how this ends or how it's handled if one survives.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFacetious View Post
    I too thought of Abigail and Brittany Hensel.
    Hopefully these babies will be able to live their lives as well as the Hensel girls have. It's amazing how well they do everything.
    Prayers to them for good health as they start on their journey.

Quote Originally Posted by forthelost View Post
    If there is only one heart, the infant won't survive. The Hensel twins have two hearts, which is very uncommon in such completely conjoined twins.
    Only one heart between the indian twins. They seem to be much more cojoined than the Hensel twins. The body looks like the body of a single child. All the organs except the heads are in numbers for the single child.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by forthelost View Post
    They can live if they have two hearts. Otherwise, no.
    Do you mean they can't live IF they are separated, or they can't live even if left conjoined?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CCmakes3 View Post
    Do you mean they can't live IF they are separated, or they can't live even if left conjoined?

Thanks!
    Most likely either. It's not possible to separate them and one heart likely won't be able to support both heads.
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast