GUILTY TX - Alicia Benefield, 19, murdered, Elysian Fields, 15 Feb 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Alicia Benefield
5324aa46b856e.preview-300.jpg

Missing girl last seen in Elysian Fields -

Alicia Benefield, 19, was last seen around 3:30 a.m. Friday in Elysian Fields. Her vehicle, a blue Dodge Stratus, was left at the DeBerry Baptist Church on Highway 31 in DeBerry.

http://www.marshallnewsmessenger.co...cle_0da7b572-ac78-11e3-b59b-001a4bcf887a.html

This isn't far from my house! Her Aunt is on my Facebook and its definitely not looking good!

This definitely looks very bad and should be a slam-dunk. So the ex-boyfriend had her keys in his pocket? Last seen at 3:30 am? Hmmmm. This is becoming a daily event. Whenever I see a minor missing, most of the time it's a runaway. Young women disappearing? Look no further than someone the victim knew. What the heck is going on?

Prayers out to Alicia's family and loved ones.

Goodness, this is so sad. Why why why are these men attacking these girls? It makes no sense to so devalue life.

Praying for all, especially Alicia's family.

This definitely looks very bad and should be a slam-dunk. So the ex-boyfriend had her keys in his pocket? Last seen at 3:30 am? Hmmmm. This is becoming a daily event. Whenever I see a minor missing, most of the time it's a runaway. Young women disappearing? Look no further than someone the victim knew. What the heck is going on?

Prayers out to Alicia's family and loved ones.

Agree...and if it's a young man missing...look in the water. All so senseless.

Prayers for Alicia.

Prayers for Alicia and her family.

I don't understand what leads these men to take their partner/ex partners life. If they don't want a relationship any longer, leave. It's that simple.

I'm praying they find this young woman safe and unharmed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harrison Co officials have 'person of interest' in teen's disappearance - #AliciaBenefield - Longview News-Journal http://bit.ly/1eKU2I1

Investigators spent six hours Sunday talking to a “person of interest” in the disappearance of 19-year-old Alicia Benefield, he said.

“We have a person of interest. He is not a suspect at this time,” Webb said.
Benefield was last seen about 4:30 Friday morning leaving a residence on Old Town Road in Elysian Fields.

She was asked to leave the residence by a Harrison County deputy who was responding to a disturbance call, Webb said.

“(Benefield) was asked to leave. One of our deputies followed her to make sure she got out and got home,” he said. “Once she got to the (Panola County) line, our deputy stopped following.

I realize she's an adult, but I've got a problem with LE asking her to leave the house at 4:30am and only seeing her off to the county line! It may have made no difference at all in this case but it's just not a smart move, liability wise, IMO.

...Harrison County District Attorney's Office recovered Benefield's body around 10:20 p.m., after Rodris Webster led investigators to a location in Elysian Fields. Webster, 25, was booked into the Harrison County Jail on a charge of murder related to the death of Alicia Benefield...

http://m.ksla.com/#!/newsDetail/25012149

Oh, no! So sad to see this report of her death. How sad for her family.

So sad! Our community is hurting today! Facebook is so very sad to even read!

Pre-trial hearing held in Benefield death

https://www.marshallnewsmessenger.com/news/2016/oct/25/hearing-held-in-benefield-death/

A pre-trial hearing was held Monday in the murder case of Rodris Webster, 27, who is set to stand trial next month for the death of his ex-girlfriend, Alicia Benefield.

During the half-day hearing, 71st District Judge Brad Morin entertained motions, presented by the defense, requesting suppression of the defendant's interrogation interviews with authorities.

In his motion, Scott Rectenwald, representing Webster, argued that his client wasn't read all of his Miranda warnings. Testifying on the stand Monday, Webster said he knew only a couple of his rights and claimed that officers forced him from his grandmother's home, on March 15 and 16, 2014, a few days before being charged for her death, and placed him under arrest to be interviewed.

Following his testimony, the court recessed for 45 minutes to allow prosecutors to call rebuttal witnesses to refute Webster's claims.

"He lied," Assistant District Attorney Shawn Connally, representing the state, said of Webster's assertions that he was taken from his grandmother's home against his will.

Connally further argued that officers didn't have probable cause to arrest Webster until Webster gave them probable cause.

"They had no knowledge of Mrs. Benefield's body, where it was - not until Mr. Webster took them to the body."

He argued that they also didn't know how many times Benefield was shot until Webster allegedly told them.

Court: Guilty plea expected over slaying of ETX teen 2+ years ago

http://www.newswest9.com/story/33572827/guilty-plea-expected-over-slaying-of-etx-teen-2-years-ago

Rodris Denard Webster, 27, of Elysian Fields, Texas, agreed during a docket call hearing Oct. 31 in 71st District Court in Marshall, Texas, to plead guilty to a charge of murder in connection with the death of Alicia Benefield, a court official said.

Webster is expected to formally enter the plea Nov. 7 at a hearing before Judge Brad Morin during which Webster also will be sentenced.

Details of the plea agreement are not yet available.

Webster could be sentenced to 5 to 99 years in prison if convicted as charged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back