742 users online (91 members and 651 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    I just watched his Disappeared episode this morning. It's a pretty interesting case. I can't help feeling that the whole job with the bricks could be a red herring and in fact something totally different happened to David. Like the detective though, I'm struggling for a gut instinct on what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    Did anyone else hear in the beginning that his bestfriend, when called to see if he had seen him, first said he thought he left for Michigan but also told them where the truck was. It puzzles me why he would think David was in Michigan if his truck was in front of Dollar General.
    I thought that was pretty weird too. Unless it was just badly worded on the show, and the friend thought he was in Michigan but then found out he wasn't and said "oh well I did see his truck at Dollar General.." rather than saying for certain that his truck was still there.

Hiya, does anyone have a working link for this episode of Disappeared about David?

Many Youtubes with this episode have been suspended, and others inform me that I cannot watch this because I'm outside the USA.

And I would so love to see this!

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity ~ Hanlon's Razor

try googleplay.

Quote Originally Posted by ZaZara View Post
    Hiya, does anyone have a working link for this episode of Disappeared about David?

Many Youtubes with this episode have been suspended, and others inform me that I cannot watch this because I'm outside the USA.

And I would so love to see this!

I'm in Australia and this link works for me- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HrE5F4YqyOI

The format isn't 100% amazing, but it's watchable.

Bumping.

Four years ago today this man disappeared. He left behind family and friends who loved him dearly. They deserve answers!

Lightbulb Sat data?

Quote Originally Posted by cutter99 View Post
    Four years ago today this man disappeared. He left behind family and friends who loved him dearly. They deserve answers!
    Has there really not been any comment since the summer? This case is so sad. I just saw the episode of Disappeared and read the FB and the comments here. I just wanted to add my 2-cents for what they're worth.

1. I think it's very likely that David wasn't the one to leave his car at the DG. Scent dogs that get a short trail like that could (from my understanding) just as easily be picking up on the scent trail that came from the car when the door was opened. I trust his friends when they say that he never locked his car, and that he didn't like to accept rides (I'm similar). I think those are pretty difficult habits to break. I think if they found his car locked and nobody saw him park it, it's just as likely that whomever it was that he was visiting dropped it off later. If the PD didn't bother to fingerprint it or collect evidence before someone else moved it, that's inexcusable. If it hasn't been regularly used since then, it may still contain useful information.

2. Perhaps he didn't carry a cell phone, but has access to the local cell tower records been sought? It's my understanding that under certain circumstances you can seek access to see who pinged a given tower in a span of time. Depending on the range of the tower in that area, it may yield a list of suspects (however unlikely).

3. What I wondered when I first read that checking out building permits hasn't shed any light on this is: Has anyone used the new Google Earth timeline feature to just look at the region over that period? If the building were overshadowed by vegetation it may not help, but otherwise you can directly see all of the new buildings in the area showing up right around the 2012 time period thanks to the range of satellite data made available recently. I can't think of a building site I've seen under vegetation anyway. I would be happy to help anyone do this if you'd like, but I think someone more familiar with the area would be able to do it a lot more quickly and with some recognition for where things are relative to the area of interest.
    Last edited by sinenox; 12-23-2016 at 02:47 AM. Reason: grammar

It's hard to imagine this new home being built and not one sign of it , utilities , post man , contractor materials purchases ect . I have family not terribly far away so I do understand how rual it is .
    I would fly drones in the winter when more vegetation is dead . Lot more effective and cost efficient then flights .
    Unless , it dosent exist at all . But , why would David make it up ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watched the Disappeared show on TV.
    My possible theory....the bricks in truck looked staged. Placed there.
    Truck was driven there but not by him...the person then locked it and went into another vehicle.
    He was leaving the family he lived with to visit his siblings....lots of work done on their property. They knew lots about him. Did they have a falling out? That property should have been thoroughly checked. Something is off....my gut tells me.

Or...second thought.
    Was David involved in something he was trying to escape? Was he hiding a double life? The brick collections and the possible contract deal before leaving??? Was this really his only lively hood? I think he is leaving for a more serious reason and its not about bricks and a coincidental job he's trying to nip in the bod before he leaves

I thought hard on this and a very similiar case in our province. I agree...very likely that someone drove it at night to the popular Dollar General...locked it...and jumped into a get away.
    Something went wrong in the last week of his life. He was leaving for a reason. That family he stayed with...lots of work done there. Was money owing and a disagreement happening. Thoroughly check out that place for clues. I would have checked it thoroughly as they were eager to hire planes etc and distract .

Well the eye witness that Knows him swears he was there .. not just a passerby guessing . What would be her motive to lie of someone else dropped the truck off ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be my first post on websleuths. The whole story about the bricks and this elusive homeowner seems fishy to me. What if David had stolen those bricks and was caught. He withdrew money from the bank to repay the owner, met him at the dollar general to pay him, and then things turned ugly?

Nothing in our local media, sadly. Thinking of you DR.
    Tabitha Tuders ☮ Holly Bobo ☮ David Riemens
    Gone but not forgotten.

Bumping because I am bingeing Disappeared on the Xfinity app and this is the first case in this season that you really have so little to go on.

Personally, I DO find it strange the couple, as nice as they were in interviews, would let David live on their property w/ no payment other than the Hobbit door/house. This is America. IF he lived in the treehouse he'd still need access to a fridge, toilet, stove/oven, minimum. Being a rural area this 100% had to have been someone he knew. This person likely knew his upcoming out of town plans and perhaps thought D's miss would go temporarily unnoticed or mistaken for an early departure.

I'm glad you said that siren. I'm not certain about anything in this case, I like to keep the possibilities open until you can't any longer, but I have an ongoing niggle with his living arrangement. His 'landlords' are the sole source of much of the info about his last known movements, as nice as they seem.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast