Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Quote Originally Posted by ElleElle View Post
    I think attacking (or attempting to attack) Israel would be a big one personally.

Israel Defense Forces - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I agree. It's the WWIII/Armageddon scenario.
    All my posts on this site are my opinion only, generated from brainstorming and my own attempts to logically put the pieces together.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PoirotryInMotion For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CARIIS View Post
    I thought it was helpful:

Another clue is that part of the Boeing 777's Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was shut off.

The system, which has two parts, is used to send short messages via a satellite or VHF radio to the airline's home base. The information part of the system was shut down, but not the transmission part. In most planes, the information part of the system can be shut down by hitting cockpit switches in sequence in order to get to a computer screen where an option must be selected using a keypad, said Goglia, an expert on aircraft maintenance.

That's also something a pilot would know how to do, but that could also be discovered through research, he said.

But to turn off the other part of the ACARS, it would be necessary to go to an electronics bay beneath the cockpit. That's something a pilot wouldn't normally know how to do, Goglia said, and it wasn't done in the case of the Malaysia plane. Thus, the ACARS transmitter continued to send out blips that were recorded by the Inmarsat satellite once an hour for four to five hours after the transponder was turned off. The blips don't contain any messages or data, but the satellite can tell in a very broad way what region the blips are coming from and adjusts the angle of its antenna to be ready to receive message in case the ACARS sends them. Investigators are now trying to use data

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4972889.html
    I believe ACARS either still transmits until the transmitter device itself is damaged and probably still transmitted even after a crash OR it continues to look for a flight and send monitoring messages based on a scheduled flight plan, based on at least one other similar incident.

(ACARS Confirms 9/11 UA 175 Aircraft Was Airborne Long After Crash! Just WOW!: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread781617/pg1)

Interesting.
    "You are free to choose, You are not free from the consequences of your choices."

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mahouston69 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ElleElle View Post
    Yes! I remember bringing that up early on when MH370 made a turn and I thought it made a turn to hit the Petronas.
    Sorry I couldn't remember who I was conversing with last weekend regarding that, however, thought it interesting it was brought up today as no one else has until now.

Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Merry Christmas!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    27 minutes ago

REPORTS OF LUGGAGE FOUND

Unconfirmed media reports are claiming that suitcases have been found floating in the Straits of Malacca, between Malaysia and Indonesia.

The crew of a Greek oil tanker, the Elka Athina, are reportedly heading towards a zone identified as a field of debris, including what appeared to be aircraft passenger's luggage.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226856429922
    I hope this is it. Families need answers and this Investigation needs to move forward
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bravo For This Useful Post:

No matter the scenario, I can't think of one where the passengers are alive
    If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change!
    Where is baby Sky Metalwala?Missing since 2011!

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ilovepierre For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    @MikeyKayNYC: W/ @JudgeJeanine tonight for a 2 hour special on #MH370 from 9-11pET. #MalaysianAirlines
    Thanks! Just turned it on.

Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Merry Christmas!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taco View Post
    27 minutes ago

REPORTS OF LUGGAGE FOUND

Unconfirmed media reports are claiming that suitcases have been found floating in the Straits of Malacca, between Malaysia and Indonesia.

The crew of a Greek oil tanker, the Elka Athina, are reportedly heading towards a zone identified as a field of debris, including what appeared to be aircraft passenger's luggage.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1226856429922
    This was found not true on the previous thread.
    If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change!

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ilovepierre For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brightbird View Post
    That's jumping from Iranian as an entire nationality to belonging to an extremist Islamic movement. Bit of a stretch, IMO.
    Nope, wasn't even comparing the two. Iranians, as well as others, can go into some countries unchecked. That's fine as there are good people everywhere.

What I brought up is that the USA is allowing the Muslim Brotherhood, regardless of the county they come from, to come into the USA. Unchecked.
    I would like to see us be a lot more vigilant as Israel is.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Curious in Indiana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion View Post
    Yeah, that just came through Twitter feed 2 min ago; keeping an eye on it for more.

(Israel is always at the ready, so may mean less than we think...)
    Who tweeted that? Are they legit?

ETA where would this plane have been refueled?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aa9511 View Post
    About the passengers and cell phones:

-sorry this is a dumb question, but can they even use their cell phones once plane has reached flying altitude? I know they used to have the little phones where you had to pay to use them. I guess my quesiton is is it even possible to get reception on your cell phone at that altitude? So would the passengers have been able to contact anyone even if they still had their cell phones with them?

Of course, I am thinking that by the time the plane got in lower altitude (if the passengers were alive), the hijackers would have made sure they got everyone's cell phones by that time.
    Earlier reports say this plane was not equipped to use cell phones
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS Super Moderator

TRAVIS ALEXANDER,
    For justice, comfort, and peace

Find Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ber-2014/page3

Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-10-2014/page4

Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?184030-MI-Eric-Franks-40-Buena-Vista-Twp-21-March-2011

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo View Post
    What station? TIA
    Hi, 9~11pm. station Fox..
    Lord~please give me a break~Love, Noreen.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post
    A "frequently asked questions" section would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbound View Post

So I know, off topic.... people on the flights for 9/11 were able to use their cell phones to make calls alerting their family and the airlines of the hijacking... or was that because the pilots were flying low... I don't remember ever reading anything about the planes altitude after they were hijacked. Not saying the cell phones were usable on the flight because they were out in the middle of the ocean.

I don't know.. I'm rambling, too much caffeine.
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tssiemer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by catatonia View Post
    I was thinking that, there are things which have been discussed in loops as people haven't read from the start, would be nice to have recaps and frequently asked questions-I'm willing to help someone on that if needed

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Waddles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by catatonia View Post
    LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!!
    I always wondered why somebody doesn't do something about that. Then I realized I was somebody.

Lily Tomlin

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tssiemer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious in Indiana View Post
    It's about time someone had the guts to say "terrorism". Everyone seems to be afraid to use that word. Anyone, I don't care what the reason, ANYONE who is responsible for the deaths of 239 people is a terrorist. Period.

It breaks my heart for the family members to have to grieve like this. I have done some reading about the passengers and their normal lives and those who love them. The innocents were likely killed before now. And hopefully, if MH370 is used to try to attack Israel, maybe Israel will blow it out of the sky and show everyone how it's done!
    BBM~ The million $ question are the 229 souls onboard dead or alive?

....... The Malaysian gov't did say there was no ransom demands, sadly, they don't need ransom when they have a plane full of people.

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ElleElle For This Useful Post:

off to sleep, it's 2:30am here, night all and I'll be sifting through 25 pages in the morning I'm sure

33. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Waddles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious in Indiana View Post
    Wasn't long ago that I read where the Muslim Brotherhood can come into our country without being checked or detained. Is anyone doing their job?
    Nope. They want us to believe they are doing, but clearly are not. I'd like to know how many passports scams are going on even with the so-called "high tech" implementations.

I guess it's gonna be time for embedded chips soon. o/t Huge "Almost Human" fan here. <--------------

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ElleElle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nore View Post
    Hi, 9~11pm. station Fox..
    Hey there Thanks
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Bravo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derryn Hunch View Post
    Honestly - anyone could fly that thing above 500FT - it would not be at all difficult provided the airspeed was kept in check and I would go as far as to say someone who had never even flown a plane before could do it with some basic "push goes down pull goes up forward goes fast back goes slow" knowledge of how to fly... very basic stuff...
    Thanks. I promise I won't be trying that myself!

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower 1m
    Dateline: OVER THE BAY OF BENGAL http://on.wsj.com/1mbiOsT (via @Trefor1 & @newley) #MH370

https://twitter.com/jonostrower

41. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to popsicle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Who tweeted that? Are they legit?

ETA where would this plane have been refueled?
    Yes, it's legit. Several media reports now, including 2 or 3 from Israel and Drudge report, etc. (See previous page.)

The plane would be refueled at the location where it presumably landed (in this scenario). One poster in the last thread referred to the Coco Islands near India as a possibility (probably already scoped out by now) where China was "renting" the entire island, building an airport runway and facilities that made India nervous.

Other possibilities are several unused airports in China, and any one of the 634 (643?) in-range airports mapped out by wny.cc earlier that authorities are also checking out. (I posted the map but I think the mods thought it wasn't credited and removed it. You can google it.)
    Last edited by PoirotryInMotion; 03-16-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: correction
    All my posts on this site are my opinion only, generated from brainstorming and my own attempts to logically put the pieces together.

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PoirotryInMotion For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derryn Hunch View Post
    We have several "over the horizon" radar systems that would have detected it. Australia's northern approach is our biggest strategic liability and its watched very very closely at all times.

For those of you with Google Earth, jump on there and have a little look around the area of "Exmouth WA, 6707 Australia"

Australia's northern route is like Canada's western route for anyone who wants in illegally.

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElleElle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tssiemer View Post
    So I know, off topic.... people on the flights for 9/11 were able to use their cell phones to make calls alerting their family and the airlines of the hijacking... or was that because the pilots were flying low... I don't remember ever reading anything about the planes altitude after they were hijacked. Not saying the cell phones were usable on the flight because they were out in the middle of the ocean.

I don't know.. I'm rambling, too much caffeine.
    The planes on 9/11 were over the city and flying low enough for cell phones to pick up a signal.

On MH370, once over the ocean, signals would have been lost due to there being no cell towers.

47. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ilovepierre For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
    this was their day before flight http://abcnews.go.com/US/day-malaysi...ry?id=22852454

A man claiming to be the friend of two Iranians who used fake passports to board the missing Malaysia Airlines flight told ABC News that the men stayed at his home the night before the flight vanished.

Mohammad Mallaeibasir, 18, told ABC News that he is a student living in Malaysia who went to high school with one of the men who is believed to have used a fake passport to board the missing flight. He said the other man was a friend of the friend's, and the pair stayed at Mallaeibasir's the night before the flight took off.

Mallaeibasir identified the men as Pouria Nour Mohammadi, 19, and Reza Devalar, 29, are both from Iran. He said he went to high school with Pouria, but had not seen him for a couple of years.

They stayed with Mallaeibeasir and his roommate Friday night, and then Mallaeibasir drove them to the airport, where they used stolen Italian and Austrian passports to board Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 on Saturday morning, he said.
    I just find that whole situation weird. "Oh hi, I haven't seen you in a couple years ... you're moving to Germany? sounds good, would you and your friend who you just met yesterday and who is a stranger to me and who is a decade older than us care to stay at my place tonight and I'll drive you both to the airport tomorrow? and hey, just for kicks, let's print out your tickets at my house and check your flight data throughout the evening. Oh, you're both travelling on stolen passports? ok, whatevs ..."

They are in it up to their eyeballs IMO.

49. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast