1086 users online (242 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Was Burke involved in JB's death?

Voters
634. You may not vote on this poll
  • Burke was involved in the death of JBR

377 59.46%
  • Burke was totally uninvolved in her death

257 40.54%

Page 1 of 189 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Was Burke involved?

Sorry if this one's been polled before, if it has, mods feel free to remove the post.

From what I know (not much ), I say probably YES Burke was involved. I am not sure of myself on this one, though!

IMO, was not involved. I feel so sorry for him. His life has to be hell.

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches

AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by luvbeaches
    Actually, let's say Burke wasn't involved but Patsy "did it"... I feel incredibly sympathetic towards HER. If a RDI, whoever it is, I still feel sympathy towards their whole family. What a neverending nightmare.

The broad reason I suspect Burke was involved is that I think there was an attempted coverup of what really happened. The crime scene and evidence were staged. And I can't think of anyone they'd want to protect by staging things, except Burke.

Also I must admit, I am very sympathetic to BC's theory that Burke wrote the note, perhaps with vocab help from an older friend and/or dictionary. The writing comparison between the note and the one sample (inadvertant) we have of Burke's hand (the "That's my mom" sample) is eerily compelling in my opinion.

The only Ramsey I have sympathy for is Burke. I do believe he had to have heard something that night...and it's a terrible burden for a young man to carry. I am also a believer in once Burke is out of the household, and off on his own, he may talk. One too many beers at a college frat party and he will shed light on what happened that night.

I don't believe for moment that Burke wrote or helped write the note. But that's just my opinion.

Luvbeaches... I agree with you. IMO Burke is the victim of a seriously dysfunctional family.

edited to add: so was JonBenet

Quote Originally Posted by Britt
    Luvbeaches... I agree with you. IMO Burke is the victim of a seriously dysfunctional family.

edited to add: so was JonBenet
    You're right...I think they are very dysfunctional....

I have no doubt in beleiving that Burke knows more than what he was allowed to say,but I have doubts about him having anything to do with the ransom note,imo it would have taken forever to coax a 10 year old to write that note,time the perps didnt have.The note was too pristine to have been in the hands of a child

Quote Originally Posted by dingo
    I have no doubt in beleiving that Burke knows more than what he was allowed to say,but I have doubts about him having anything to do with the ransom note,imo it would have taken forever to coax a 10 year old to write that note,time the perps didnt have.The note was too pristine to have been in the hands of a child

dingo,

In my opinion they had all night to write the fake ransom note. They lived there. Since the CBI's handwriting experts couldn't eliminate Burke as the writer, Burke likely wrote it with the assistance of at least one other person.

An intruder wouldn't have spent two minutes in the house after killing JonBenet, but her killer spent hours in the house writing the fake ransom note and foolishly trying to make it look like an intruder was the killer.

The Ramsey's consistent stream of lies, obfuscations, and losses of memory, point to a coverup involving Burke. After losing their daughter in a violent killing, the family wouldn't fall in line with unflinching loyalty to support anyone else but Burke.

BlueCrab

a slightly off topic question :was JAR in boulder on the 23rd december 1996.
    thank you

lawman

Quote Originally Posted by lawman
    a slightly off topic question :was JAR in boulder on the 23rd december 1996.
    thank you
    lawman,

Yes, I think I remember a group photo of the party on the 23rd and JAR was in it. However, there are also reports that JAR was in Atlanta from the 23rd to the 26th.

EDITED TO ADD: lawman, could I inquire as to why you asked that question? JAR couldn't have been in two places at the same time on the 23rd, so someone's story is wanting.
    Last edited by BlueCrab; 05-27-2005 at 08:31 PM.

thanks bluecrab,

myself i believe something happened at the party on the 23rd.
    the 911 phone call, jbr comment of not feeling pretty,mr and mrs mcsanta,the person arriving unannounced.also as you say JAR himself was possibly there.
    LHP asking for the"loan" a day later for quite a sum of money, and of course the suitcase found by the broken window,containing some unusual items, which surely were not coincidentally in the case.
    each of the above is a story in itself, i believe somewhere in there is part of the answer .

lawman

Quote Originally Posted by lawman
    thanks bluecrab,

myself i believe something happened at the party on the 23rd.
    the 911 phone call, jbr comment of not feeling pretty,mr and mrs mcsanta,the person arriving unannounced.also as you say JAR himself was possibly there.
    LHP asking for the"loan" a day later for quite a sum of money, and of course the suitcase found by the broken window,containing some unusual items, which surely were not coincidentally in the case.
    each of the above is a story in itself, i believe somewhere in there is part of the answer .

lawman,

Thank you for the response. I think this topic and JAR in general could use a separate thread to review some unanswered questions, so I'm going to start one.

I believe BR was not hands on involved in the murder. I think he went along with this person whom he knew very well,until it started turning uncomfortable for him. He got scared and ran to bed until he left for the White's house.(I'm not convinced of the enhanced 911 call yet.)

I believe BR knows who was involved in murdering JonBenet.

off topic

Why does it keep saying that I was the last one to post here ... when the last time I have posted or viewed this thread was 5/29?

Oh no ... another mystery!

Page 1 of 189 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast