781 users online (97 members and 684 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    Another missing Humboldt woman, Ashley Hatter from Willow Creek. The timeline is very strange.

http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2014/nov...ching-missing/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post11246538
    Update: Ashley came home.
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Quote Originally Posted by Lilibet View Post
    Update: Ashley came home.
    thanks goodness!! I feel bad that I suspected the husband had done something

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Help Find Sheila Franks and Danielle Bertolini FaceBook Page

The families of these two girls have come together to raise awareness that they are missing under suspicious circumstances. Sheila was last heard from by her son on 2-2-14 Danielle went missing one week later on 2-9-14. The two girls did not know each other; however, they were last seen by the same man, who is a person of interest in their disappearances. Both girls are missing from Humboldt County. Sheila went missing from Rio Dell, Ca. and Danielle from Carlotta, CA. Sheila’s mother died suddenly last May, not knowing what happened to her daughter. In February it will mark the one year anniversary of the girl’s disappearance. We are seeking the public’s help in finding them. This nightmare has to end!
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by sheilasister76 View Post
    I grow up in California and lived there until 2000. I go back to visit but it is not the same place I grow. It is a very scary place now ran by a lot of scary groups of people.
    So far I have made Facebook page and groups for Sheila, I set up a twitter account for her made a Youtub video last night. I have added Sheila to NamUs and a lot of other missing organizations. I have friends in California that I still stay in contact with that are putting up poster and fliers and reposting every time they are taken down. I did an interview with KMUD and I have sent e-mails and messages to every news station and show that I can think of asking to have a story done to get Sheila and Danielle story out nationally and the only response i have received is if a reporter find your story of interest they will contact me and no luck yet. I have also contacted the local new and papers waiting for someone to contact me. I have not been verified yet so I am not sure what I can and can not share.
    But at this time If anyone can help point me in the direction of the best search site for current mugshot I would be so very grateful.
    I want to thank each and everyone of you for all you warm welcomes.
    NamUs - https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23933
    Help FIND MY Missing Sister Sheila Sherrell Franks
    https://www.facebook.com/HELPFINDSHEILASHERRELLFRANKS
    SEARCH FOR MY SISTER SHEILA FRANKS SD 480p
    http://youtu.be/IXf3Gj1-uHg

Sheila's been missing for one year now.

Dateline NBC Reports on Missing Humboldt Women; Fortuna Chief Says ‘Person of Interest’ Identified

Dateline NBC’s online “Missing in America” online series has turned its attention to two Humboldt County women who went missing one year ago: Danielle Bertolini and Sheila Franks, of Fortuna and Rio Dell respectively.

The two went missing within a couple of days of each other in February 2014, and family members and friends, who have have long been frustrated with the slow pace of the investigation, early on suspected that the two cases were linked. NBC manages to wheedle a new bit of information out of law enforcement — they believe the cases are linked as well, and they have identified the person who was last seen with both the women:

Fortuna Police Department Chief William Dobberstein told Dateline investigators believe the two women’s cases are connected and there is a person of interest in the cases.

“Both cases are on-going investigations. We’re working with the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Department closely and following all our leads, but yes, we have identified a person of interest in both cases and it’s the same man. We aren’t releasing his name at this time,” Chief Dobberstein said.
    Read the whole Dateline article at this link.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...franks-n315921
    http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2015/mar...-women-fortun/

THE HUMBOLDT FIVE: “SO MANY MISSING FROM SUCH A SMALL AREA”

To raise awareness of local women who’ve disappeared under suspicious circumstances, a new graphic was recently released.
    Today, hoping to get answers for the families of five Humboldt women that disappeared under suspicious circumstances, missing person activists launched a social media campaign. The campaign includes a Facebook page for the five missing women, share-able graphics (see image above,) a hashtag (#‎HumboldtMissingFive‬) and an interactive map (see photo below) of where the women disappeared. So-Cal Advocates For The Missing and their partners urge community members to share these images and this story in hopes that clues to the whereabouts of the women might emerge.

Heather Miller, a family advocate for NorCal Alliance for the Missing, designed the map. She said she was asked by a colleague to create it and was surprised by how much she learned in the process. “I was already familiar with the cases from research I had done on …Humboldt and the surrounding counties….I think [this] gives a new perspective, by combining their information and photos with a map showing you the locations that they are missing from.”
    Who Are the Missing Women:

A spokesperson for the Humboldt Missing Five page said she found it curious that “so many were missing from such a small area.” She had recently formed a successful campaign around five men who had vanished in the Bay Area and has hopes that grouping the women together will help the community think about the disappearances in new ways–ways which might lead to uncovering what happened to them.
    http://kymkemp.com/2015/04/01/the-hu...-a-small-area/

Sheila Franks added to Charley's Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ks_sheila.html

Title says 1.11.2014
    NamUs has 2.1.2014
    Missing Posters say 2.2.2014

I think the title should be changed to February 2, right?

From the Help Find Sheila Franks and Danielle Bertolini Facebook Page:

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindShe...ielleBertolini

Relatives of Missing Woman Danielle Bertolini Claim Her Remains Have Been Identified; Sheriff’s Office Cannot Confirm
    Today @ 3:18pm

Snipped...
    ... Deputy Sheriff-Coroner Trevor Enright told the Outpost earlier today that he is still waiting for an official report from the Department of Justice, which is testing the remains. “I cannot confirm that I have conclusive findings at this point,” Enright said, adding that he should have more information in a week.
    http://lostcoastoutpost.com/2015/may...olini-claim-h/

It has been confirmed that the skull is Danielle's. Her poor family!

Authorities in Humboldt County, California have reportedly identified remains found in a river as those of Danielle Bertolini.

The remains were found in the Eel River back in March, according to the Times-Standard. Bertolini's family posted on the 'Help Find Danielle Bertolini and Sheila Franks' Facebook page Thursday with the news and police later confirmed the information.
    I hope Sheila will be found soon and their murderer brought to justice.

The man who officials say picked Bertolini up was also the last person seen with Sheila Franks, who vanished on February 2nd, 2014. Franks was 38 years old when she vanished and left behind a young son.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missi...-woman-n365946
    FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast