Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregjrichards

Reaction score
Breaking news

Malaysia Airlines says it has lost contact with a plane travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, with 239 people on board.

The airline said in a statement that flight MH370 disappeared at 02:40 local time on Saturday (18:40 GMT on Friday).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26492748

I'm praying the plane is found and people on the plane survive.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238253"]Frequently Asked Questions[/ame]

Thread #1
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237547"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237716"]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237792"]Thread #4[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237900"]Thread #5[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238022"]Thread #6[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238110"]Thread #7[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238225"]Thread #8[/ame]

guidelines for posting:
*post in a civil manner
*stay on topic
*be respectful of the passengers' families- no sleuthing of crew or passengers is allowed
*post only msm tweets and articles with links
*other forum links are not allowed
* for copyright compliance only 10% of an article is allowed to be posted

Members can create topic specific threads for in depth discussion, new developments in the case or as the need arises. New threads will go under mod review and a decision will be made whether to approve and open the thread for posting. Most threads are approved immediately.

Continue discussion here...

The thing that makes the most sense to me as of now, is that they wanted to do a "test run," and that is a scary thought.

For example, test getting onto the flights. Test getting shoe-bomb or whatever on the flight. Test getting into cockpit. Test the flying aspects of going undetected by radar. Test what kind of response different countries have in regards to seeing something on radar (will they shoot it down?). Etc..

And if it is something like Al-Qaeda, their ultimate plans are probably to target US. SO what if this was a test, done on a "test" airline - for the ultimate goal of next time hijacking an American airline, with American passengers?

Hijack some flight leaving from KL again, or Bangkok. Take the passengers and hold them hostage.

Scary thought.

I don't think the idea of a "test flight" is a bad theory, but I'd be fairly confident this could not happen in the States. I suppose, with refueling, the jetliner could go the distance. But after 9/11, if America saw a foreign jet, that wasn't on the radar and not communicating, traveling toward/into our airways, they'd have air defense up there and trying to communicate and ground the plane in tens of minutes, and likely shooting it down if they didn't get a proper response or the jet didn't comply!

If earlier discussion on flying low using too much fuel is accurate, I doubt that is an option that late into the 7 1/2 to 8 hours of fuel available, and still showing up that much later via radar or whatever it was showing up on.

The second report is simply outright FALSE:

The last satellite ACARS ping shows the position of the plane to be NOWHERE REMOTELY NEAR either the Maldives or Diego Garcia. It is physically impossible for the plane to have been in either place at 8:11 am on March 8. It is physically impossible for the plane to have landed or crashed in either location on March 8.

I'm not so sure. That arc is just a narrowed down (by investigators) portion of a ring or circle of distance from the satellite's position. The sightings in the maldives were around 6am and the final ping was around 8am (I think, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong). If you took that arc and continued around to the south it might be near enough to the maldives to make this a possibility (2 hours flight time from maldives to the distance ring). Hope this makes sense. I remember those sightings were reported very early on in the investigation, even before any confirmation that the plan changed course.

f you took that arc and continued around to the south it might be near enough to the maldives to make this a possibility (2 hours flight time from maldives to the distance ring).

It's not physically possible for a plane to fly two hours from the Maldives and arrive at any point on either the northern or southern arc at 8:11am. I measured it out on the map. The Maldives are at least 4 hours flying time away from the nearest point on the arc.

Either the sighting is false or the ACARS satellite ping is false. They can't both be true.

You never know, but it's a safe bet to put the Maldives sighting in the same category as the oil rig worker sighting off the Vietnam coast. They probably both saw something odd, but it's almost definitely not the disappeared plane.

ETA: The reason we can't just extend the arc southward to include a point closer to the Maldives is that it was calculated that the plane would not have had enough fuel to reach points further south. Again, given current evidence, physically impossible.

I found it Xara but I don"t know how to bring it over .

Maybe someone can?

Thread 5
PG 35
Post 866 by ILovePierre

My take on it--- derived from news reports and experts on CNN, Fox, ABC, NBC.
I haven't heard a single "expert" yet surmise how hijackers could have gotten on board undetected. See item #1 below. Am I the only one that has this theory ??

1) Hijackers avoid going through security by being smuggled into the cargo hold of the plane such as in a large crate or wooden box. Planes routinely carry large crates and freight items. They routinely load heavy things using a forklift. A shipping crate 6 feet square and 6 feet tall would not even be considered that large of an item. None of these hijackers would show up on a passenger list.

2) While down in the cargo hold, they disable and disconnect what communications they can shortly before ascending to the passenger deck. This would explain some of the electronic systems shutting down prior to the pilots' sign-off with air traffic controllers. A trap door in the cabin gives the flight crew access to the lower cargo hold (and the hijackers access to the passenger deck).

3) On the passenger deck, a diversion is created, causing one of the pilots to open the cockpit door---cockpit is taken over by hijackers.

4) Somebody says "good evening" to air traffic control. Nobody knows whom.

5) Transponder is turned off, as well as any other identifiers and tracking devices that can be disabled from cockpit. The plane is essentially flying in stealth / blackout mode at this point. All cell phones and electronic devices are collected from the passengers at gunpoint.

6) The plane is now in control of the hijackers, flying a predetermined route to wherever the destination was. Low altitude flying, zig- zagging, and shadowing other aircraft is used to confuse radar operators and air traffic control. The pilot of the plane is highly experienced and knowledgeable, possibly even ex-military.

7) The plane is landed at an abandoned military base (or similar) and hidden. The U.S. military had bases and outpost all over the place back in the Vietnam and Korea days. Other foreign countries did as well. Many of those installations now sit abandon and forgotten, some of them have also been bought by private individuals and companies. Some of these installations were located on small islands. That particular plane is large in size, but it would be totally possible to land it on a highway or on a short runway with the right person controlling it. Almost any old military or army base is going to have a runway and hangers.

8) If the same people that knew how to turn off communication devices and tracking devices are as capable and proficient as they seem, then they will also know how to remove the black box and get rid of it. This means that many parts of this mystery may NEVER be solved.

9) What use they have for the plane is left to be seen.

10) What use they have for the passengers, if any, is left to be seen.

The fact that this plane vanished isn't the scary part. The scary part is going to be when this plane re-appears.

Jon Ostrower ‏@jonostrower 33m

Indonesia refusing to let planes overfly their territory to look for #MH370 http://bbc.in/1ifgjSu (via @BBCWorld)
That's disgusting, unconscionable and suspicious IMO! An international crew shows up in a spirit of cooperation to help find 239 missing people, and Indonesia grounds them indefinitely because of politics. I hope there's some way to put pressure on them to allow the search. No families should suffer further because of some bureaucratic red tape.

Has this been posted? If not allowed, Mods please remove.

There has been a lot of speculation about Malaysia Airlines Flight 370. Terrorism, hijacking, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN; it’s almost disturbing. I tend to look for a simpler explanation, and I find it with the 13,000-foot runway at Pulau Langkawi.

We know the story of MH370: A loaded Boeing 777 departs at midnight from Kuala Lampur, headed to Beijing. A hot night. A heavy aircraft. About an hour out, across the gulf toward Vietnam, the plane goes dark, meaning the transponder and secondary radar tracking go off. Two days later we hear reports that Malaysian military radar (which is a primary radar, meaning the plane is tracked by reflection rather than by transponder interrogation response) has tracked the plane on a southwesterly course back across the Malay Peninsula into the Strait of Malacca
More at link.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh370-electrical-fire/

It's not physically possible for a plane to fly two hours from the Maldives and arrive at any point on either the northern or southern arc at 8:11am. I measured it out on the map. The Maldives are at least 4 hours flying time away from the nearest point on the arc.

Either the sighting is false or the ACARS satellite ping is false. They can't both be true.

You never know, but it's a safe bet to put the Maldives sighting in the same category as the oil rig worker sighting off the Vietnam coast. They probably both saw something odd, but it's almost definitely not the disappeared plane.

ETA: The reason we can't just extend the arc southward to include a point closer to the Maldives is that it was calculated that the plane would not have had enough fuel to reach points further south. Again, given current evidence, physically impossible.

I posted about this earlier, I have worked it out to be around 3 1/2 hours flying time to the nearest point in the corridor. I should have also taken into account the time difference. They are 3 hours behind KL which puts the sighting at 9.10am Kl time...1 hour after the last satellite ping! So assuming the satellite ping was given as kl time I think this can be ruled out.

back to the Maldives, other MSM picking up on this report now:

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported

One witness told HaveeruOnline: ‘I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We’ve seen seaplanes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

‘It’s not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too.’

The last ‘ping’ signal from the aircraft was detected by a satellite in an area near a US naval base on Diego Garcia and Maldives.

HaveeruOnline has also quoted a local aviation expert as saying the plane spotted above Maldives is ‘likely’ to be missing MH370 as instances of any aircraft flying over the island at the reported time was rare.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/18/fligh...malaysia-airlines-planes-description-4640688/

It's being reported on CNN that the passengers families are threatening to go on a hunger strike. I fail to see what starving yourself is going to accomplish. If the authorities and military could make that plane magically reappear, I'm sure they would do it in 2 seconds.

back to the Maldives, other MSM picking up on this report now:

Islanders claim they were disturbed by an incredibly loud noise at about 6.15am local time on March 8 and saw a plane travelling from north to south-east, towards Addu – the southern tip of Maldives, it is reported

One witness told HaveeruOnline: ‘I’ve never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We’ve seen seaplanes, but I’m sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly.

‘It’s not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too.’

The last ‘ping’ signal from the aircraft was detected by a satellite in an area near a US naval base on Diego Garcia and Maldives.

HaveeruOnline has also quoted a local aviation expert as saying the plane spotted above Maldives is ‘likely’ to be missing MH370 as instances of any aircraft flying over the island at the reported time was rare.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/03/18/fligh...malaysia-airlines-planes-description-4640688/

Addu Atoll has a number of uninhabited islands, including the island of Gan, where Gan International Airport is located.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addu_Atoll"]Addu Atoll - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member