Conference

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
One of the most underutilized features of WS is our ability to chat. What would ya'll think about setting up some scheduled conferences in the chat room? We can get to know each other a little better and bounce ideas around regarding the case.

Let me know what you think? Or how you think it would work best!

golfmom said:
One of the most underutilized features of WS is our ability to chat. What would ya'll think about setting up some scheduled conferences in the chat room? We can get to know each other a little better and bounce ideas around regarding the case.

Let me know what you think? Or how you think it would work best!
I think it would be really great! My schedule only allows me to lurk during the day usually....a night time chat would be easier for me! But whatever works, I will try and make it!

Great idea Golfmom! :clap:

I think that is a great idea. I am online here during the day while at work but I can log into chat and chat for a bit as long as I keep up with my work....lol.

I can usually spend time during the day, lets see what some other people's ideas are.

I was thinking that if set a morning coffee time, lunch break time, and evening time on a couple of days a week and if folks show up great!

I would be able to participate almost anytime during the day work load permitting.

I would love to see how a real time chat would go. Mornings are good for me as well as evenings (naptime and bedtime).

I'd be very interested as well. Night time usually works best for me although it's flexible.

How does chat work? Do you have to be registered as a member to go into chat? Can anyone pop in or would we have to figure out how to send out invitations to anyone interested?

JerseyGirl said:
I'd be very interested as well. Night time usually works best for me although it's flexible.

How does chat work? Do you have to be registered as a member to go into chat? Can anyone pop in or would we have to figure out how to send out invitations to anyone interested?

You're already registered as a member of WS, all you do is go to the chat form, click on the link for chat, enter your screen name and there you are!

Timex is the mod and she rocks!

Do you guys want to try for 10:00 a.m. central time tommorow morning?

golfmom said:
You're already registered as a member of WS, all you do is go to the chat form, click on the link for chat, enter your screen name and there you are!

I will be there!!! ;-)

Bumping this up . . .

10:00 a.m. Abaroa Chat
Central Time

If anyone can convert the other times for us clock challenged folks I would be very thankful!
:innocent:

golfmom said:
You're already registered as a member of WS...
LOL ... I'm aware of that!!! :crazy: I'm asking because there are a lot of people reading here that aren't registered yet. What is the procedure for unregistered members that might want to discuss the case with us? Will they have to register first?

JerseyGirl said:
LOL ... I'm aware of that!!! :crazy: I'm asking because there are a lot of people reading here that aren't registered yet. What is the procedure for unregistered members that might want to discuss the case with us? Will they have to register first?

Ah Ha! Yes our guests have to register, that doesn't mean you have to post, even though we won't :croc: but please consider registering and joining us!

golfmom said:
Ah Ha! Yes our guests have to register, that doesn't mean you have to post, even though we won't :croc: but please consider registering and joining us!
But it's hard to when the mods (I guess it's them) have banned free email address (and AOL and juno ones too). I had to use my husband's email address from school! But boy am I glad I did!:cool:

golfmom said:

Wish I could make it but I have a meeting at 10 am CST. I'd love an update of how it goes though...I hate to miss out on our first chat! :D

Jerseygirl found the time conversions for those that are interested in joining us ....

BTW everyone - 10 A.M. Central is 11 A.M. Eastern, 9 A.M. Mountain, and 8 A.M. Pacific. Here's a link:

The official U.S. time

If you're interested in converting time from a different country, do a web search for "time zone conversion". There are a ton of them but I don't have the time right now to figure out which one is best in order to post it.

:boohoo: I couldn't get it to work!! My stupid computer had a hard time downloading the java!!! I'm so upset.

Jenifred said:
:boohoo: I couldn't get it to work!! My stupid computer had a hard time downloading the java!!! I'm so upset.

I'll ask timex if there is something we can do.

Timex asked the following questions ...

Did you accept applet?
Do you have the java script enabled?
Do you have popup blocker disabled?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members