738 users online (100 members and 638 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Peretz Sontag, 50, Pomona, 15 March 2014

Peretz Sontag

Search Continues for Peretz Sontag, Orthodox Father of 7

Search efforts continued on Tuesday for Peretz Sontag, who has been missing since Friday morning. Sontag lives in Pomona, located nearly 40 miles north of New York City. He made references to harming himself before he left home on Friday, according to reports. Sontag, 50, is well known in the Orthodox community for his work for charitable causes, The Journal News reported. Special prayers were held Monday night at a synagogue in nearby Monsey for his safe return.

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/194772/s...#ixzz2wRMR70IB
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Justice for Jennifer

Rest in peace Danielle and Tammy

Missing Pomona man's family: 'Daddy, please come home'

Looking forlorn from lack of sleep and worry, the family of Peretz Sontag made a tearful appeal for him to come home as they upped a reward offer to $30,000 on Wednesday for information that leads to finding the 50-year-old father.

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loca...-home/6612647/

JudyBolton is offline In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped & murdered by Curtis Tyner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Dreamer View Post
    I wonder what had troubled him so much?

From one of the articles: "Peretz Sontag ran off because of depression brought on by a failing business after an employee ripped him off, a friend and neighbor Chesky Ostreicher said Wednesday. His business involved installing intercom security systems."

How tragic if it turns out the former employee stole not only his money but his life as well. The story also states he has 7 children - so I can only imagine the stress of a failing business with so many depending upon him.

Prayers that he won't end his life -
    Judy ( posting only my opinion)

Judy B----I wondered that also--if the employee is very instrumental in his disappearance.

I guess the ususal questions start first---GPS on car or phone? Does he have EZPass?
    Have his debit and credit cards been used?
    Have they reached out to the Orthodox and Hasidic communities in the boroughs and upstate NY? Maybe he drove and just landed in one community.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

I dont mean to sound offensive or stupid but Friday is the Sabbath---would he instinctively go to a synogogue to pray? Perhaps (and please Lord let me be right) he would just go to pray and have fellowship with other members of his religion.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

JudyBolton is offline In memory: My dear friend Martha Mickel, kidnapped & murdered by Curtis Tyner.
    There isn't much information - the articles do state that they got a ping from his phone that leads them to concentrate in that park...he also used to frequent that area.

His phone nor his credit cards have been used. I believe the Orthodox Jewish community is rallying around his family and their search efforts. I doubt he could walk into a place to worship and not be recognized.

The reward is currently $30,000.

I sure hope he will be found safe. It sounds like life and financial troubles were overwhelming him. I hope he just went off somewhere to think and not to harm himself. His family loves and needs him and he was an asset to the community. If only someone could tell him that better days are coming. If he were thinking clearly, I don't think he would want to put his family through all this suffering.

Police: No clues in weeklong search for missing Pomona man

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/loca...inues/6712547/

Akiko Matsuda, The Journal News 11:10 p.m. EDT March 21, 2014

A weeklong search for a missing Pomona man has turned up no recent clues.

I can't decide if not finding his car is good news or bad. Hopefully he is still in it but apparently he has not used his credit cards.... so is he buying gas with cash? Does he have other income or money they don't know about? Hoping for the best....not much news!

Missing Pomona man Peretz Sontag has been found dead

Missing Pomona man Peretz Sontag has been found dead -

POMONA -
    Sources tell News 12 that Peretz Sontag, the Pomona father of seven who had been missing for more than a week, has been found dead. Sources tell News 12 that search teams found Sontag's body and his black Kia Optima.
    http://westchester.news12.com/news/s...dead-1.7479409
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Funeral set for missing Pomona man found dead in park

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/2014...d-car/6799507/
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Oh NO! Such sad news - but glad the family has answers....