1532 users online (324 members and 1208 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Big Boy Toys

I was hoping to get information together regarding the Abaroa assets. Can some sleuthers help me out, please jump in where ever you see a spot!

From Pocketpcguy

2001 748 BiPosto (Under 6,500 Miles): Current bluebook is around $9,100, but he'll be lucky to pull $8,500. I have not been able to find out what the approximate cost was new.

Rear Stand
    ChatterBox -- $199.00 new
    Ducati Red Helmet -- $537.95 new
    Optional Kevlar/Nylon riding suite
    Optional SportMesh Joe Rocket Riding Suite -- $289.99 new
    Dust Cover -- $50.00
    Two magnetic Saddle Bags
    Optional Ducati Nylon Jacket -- $100 new
    Optional SIDI Low-Top riding shoes -- $100 new

besides the vx... base price $28,900 new
    2003 Specialized P.3 around $1,300
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper (Wife) between $500-$600 new
    2001 K2 Snowboards The snowboards range from $250-$400 each. Not including boots, straps, clothes, etc
    2002 Ducati 748 Red NEW $13,500
    Piece of **** 92 Jeep Wrangler w/ 35's and Red... Hate it
    Bauer Street Rollerblades whew another *expensive* brand
    Last edited by golfmom; 05-26-2005 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    2003 Specialized Rockhopper (Wife) between $500-$600 new
    Can you tell me what a Rockhopper is?? I've never heard the term before.

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGraffix@mac.com
    Can you tell me what a Rockhopper is?? I've never heard the term before.

TIA
    Both the rockhopper and p.3 are special mountain bikes. I'd never heard of them before either and had to pull out the magical google powers. LOL

I tried to look up price info on the buck knife and bear claw knife, but prices are all over the place depending on quality. One thing I know for sure tho, Raven wasn't the kind of guy to go to The Wal-Mart to pick them up.

Both the rockhopper and p.3 are special mountain bikes. I'd never heard of them before either and had to pull out the magical google powers. LOL
    Thanks . . . I couldn't, for the life of me, imagine what that was.

The Ducati today would go for around $14,000 I believe. They are not cheap bikes!!!!

I live in Greensboro, NC and have not heard ONE thing about this case.

That is absolutely a shame. I found out by being a member here!

Quote Originally Posted by Whimsigal
    I live in Greensboro, NC and have not heard ONE thing about this case.

That is absolutely a shame. I found out by being a member here!
    That is a shame. But I gotta say, there have been quite a few crimes coming out of North Carolina and making national news over the last couple of weeks. Maybe its a case where they're having to be ultra-selective on what's being reported, because there are so many right now.

I dunno . . . just a guess.

Good grief, the man didn't just RIDE his motorcycle, he MELDED with it. Look at the list of that clothing. I am ONE with my Ducatti.

I saw him doing the same thing with Kaiden in the photos. The expressions are absolutely mimicked.
    I wonder if he sees humans as his possessions?

I was hoping to get information together regarding the Abaroa assets. Can some sleuthers help me out, please jump in where ever you see a spot!

From Pocketpcguy

2001 748 BiPosto (Under 6,500 Miles): Current bluebook is around $9,100, but he'll be lucky to pull $8,500. I have not been able to find out what the approximate cost was new.

Rear Stand
    ChatterBox -- $199.00 new
    Ducati Red Helmet -- $537.95 new
    Optional Kevlar/Nylon riding suite
    Optional SportMesh Joe Rocket Riding Suite -- $289.99 new
    Dust Cover -- $50.00
    Two magnetic Saddle Bags
    Optional Ducati Nylon Jacket -- $100 new
    Optional SIDI Low-Top riding shoes -- $100 new

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkoflaura
    Good grief, the man didn't just RIDE his motorcycle, he MELDED with it. Look at the list of that clothing. I am ONE with my Ducatti.

I saw him doing the same thing with Kaiden in the photos. The expressions are absolutely mimicked.
    I wonder if he sees humans as his possessions?
    My kids ride dirtbikes so I knew the gear can really get expensive. But, when I buy the stuff I'm looking at protecting my kids so to me it's a good investment. When I see a $200 helmet cracked I sigh in relief ... that would have been my son or daughters' skull. So in other words, it's not how cool the stuff looks, it's how well it protects them.

When my husband and I were in our 20's we both rode street & dirt. We put the sport aside for many years to find more family friendly and less costly pursuits. As the kids got older ... my husband wanted to share his love for motorcycles with them ... sigh ...

NC_VX02/15/2005, 10:45 AM
    Its cherry red, in great shape. Has low miles. I am hoping to get 6,500 for it with two helmets, two sets of riding gear, some tank bags and gloves. It has a cover and some ducati touch up paint. Please let me know if you are interested...919-593-XXXX. My names Raven

Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    NC_VX02/15/2005, 10:45 AM
    Its cherry red, in great shape. Has low miles. I am hoping to get 6,500 for it with two helmets, two sets of riding gear, some tank bags and gloves. It has a cover and some ducati touch up paint. Please let me know if you are interested...919-593-XXXX. My names Raven
    Interesting to see that was in February of this year. Do we know if it was sold?

Was he in dire financial straits at this time? Or was he just heading into them? And if he hadn't been caught embezzling yet, why did he need more money?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenifred
    Interesting to see that was in February of this year. Do we know if it was sold?
    Someone had expressed a possible interest in it, but I don't think it was actually sold. Maybe one of our lurkers can pm me if they know for sure if he still had it.

eta: a poster informed me that he still owns his motorcycle.
    Last edited by golfmom; 05-26-2005 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenifred

Was he in dire financial straits at this time? Or was he just heading into them? And if he hadn't been caught embezzling yet, why did he need more money?
    Wasn't Raven charged in February? This could have been a way for him to pay back at least part of the $9,000.00 he took.

Quote Originally Posted by ewwwinteresting
    Wasn't Raven charged in February? This could have been a way for him to pay back at least part of the $9,000.00 he took.
    Our timeline has him charged in February. I know he had his VX up for sale locally, but I wonder how hard he really tried to sell his *toys*. Although 6,500 for the motorcycle and gear is a pretty attractive price. He was taking an absolute bath.

Our timeline has him charged in February. I know he had his VX up for sale locally, but I wonder how hard he really tried to sell his *toys*. Although 6,500 for the motorcycle and gear is a pretty attractive price. He was taking an absolute bath.
    I'd like to add this to the timeline but after a few days, we can edit our posts or delete them.
    Maybe a moderaor can help...

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast