Big Boy Toys

golfmom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was hoping to get information together regarding the Abaroa assets. Can some sleuthers help me out, please jump in where ever you see a spot!
:blowkiss:

From Pocketpcguy

2001 748 BiPosto (Under 6,500 Miles): Current bluebook is around $9,100, but he'll be lucky to pull $8,500. I have not been able to find out what the approximate cost was new.

Rear Stand
ChatterBox -- $199.00 new
Ducati Red Helmet -- $537.95 new
Optional Kevlar/Nylon riding suite
Optional SportMesh Joe Rocket Riding Suite -- $289.99 new
Dust Cover -- $50.00
Two magnetic Saddle Bags
Optional Ducati Nylon Jacket -- $100 new
Optional SIDI Low-Top riding shoes -- $100 new

besides the vx... base price $28,900 new
2003 Specialized P.3 around $1,300
2003 Specialized Rockhopper (Wife) between $500-$600 new
2001 K2 Snowboards The snowboards range from $250-$400 each. Not including boots, straps, clothes, etc
2002 Ducati 748 Red NEW $13,500
Piece of **** 92 Jeep Wrangler w/ 35's and Red... Hate it
Bauer Street Rollerblades whew another *expensive* brand

LadyGraffix@mac.com said:
Can you tell me what a Rockhopper is?? I've never heard the term before.

TIA

Both the rockhopper and p.3 are special mountain bikes. I'd never heard of them before either and had to pull out the magical google powers. LOL

I tried to look up price info on the buck knife and bear claw knife, but prices are all over the place depending on quality. One thing I know for sure tho, Raven wasn't the kind of guy to go to The Wal-Mart to pick them up.

golfmom said:
Both the rockhopper and p.3 are special mountain bikes. I'd never heard of them before either and had to pull out the magical google powers. LOL

Thanks . . . I couldn't, for the life of me, imagine what that was.

The Ducati today would go for around $14,000 I believe. They are not cheap bikes!!!!

I live in Greensboro, NC and have not heard ONE thing about this case. :razz:

That is absolutely a shame. I found out by being a member here!

Whimsigal said:
I live in Greensboro, NC and have not heard ONE thing about this case. :razz:

That is absolutely a shame. I found out by being a member here!

That is a shame. But I gotta say, there have been quite a few crimes coming out of North Carolina and making national news over the last couple of weeks. Maybe its a case where they're having to be ultra-selective on what's being reported, because there are so many right now.

I dunno . . . just a guess.

Good grief, the man didn't just RIDE his motorcycle, he MELDED with it. Look at the list of that clothing. I am ONE with my Ducatti.

I saw him doing the same thing with Kaiden in the photos. The expressions are absolutely mimicked.
I wonder if he sees humans as his possessions?

golfmom said:
I was hoping to get information together regarding the Abaroa assets. Can some sleuthers help me out, please jump in where ever you see a spot!
:blowkiss:

From Pocketpcguy

2001 748 BiPosto (Under 6,500 Miles): Current bluebook is around $9,100, but he'll be lucky to pull $8,500. I have not been able to find out what the approximate cost was new.

Rear Stand
ChatterBox -- $199.00 new
Ducati Red Helmet -- $537.95 new
Optional Kevlar/Nylon riding suite
Optional SportMesh Joe Rocket Riding Suite -- $289.99 new
Dust Cover -- $50.00
Two magnetic Saddle Bags
Optional Ducati Nylon Jacket -- $100 new
Optional SIDI Low-Top riding shoes -- $100 new

Thinkoflaura said:
Good grief, the man didn't just RIDE his motorcycle, he MELDED with it. Look at the list of that clothing. I am ONE with my Ducatti.

I saw him doing the same thing with Kaiden in the photos. The expressions are absolutely mimicked.
I wonder if he sees humans as his possessions?

My kids ride dirtbikes so I knew the gear can really get expensive. But, when I buy the stuff I'm looking at protecting my kids so to me it's a good investment. When I see a $200 helmet cracked I sigh in relief ... that would have been my son or daughters' skull. So in other words, it's not how cool the stuff looks, it's how well it protects them.

When my husband and I were in our 20's we both rode street & dirt. We put the sport aside for many years to find more family friendly and less costly pursuits. As the kids got older ... my husband wanted to share his love for motorcycles with them ... sigh ...

NC_VX02/15/2005, 10:45 AM
Its cherry red, in great shape. Has low miles. I am hoping to get 6,500 for it with two helmets, two sets of riding gear, some tank bags and gloves. It has a cover and some ducati touch up paint. Please let me know if you are interested...919-593-XXXX. My names Raven

golfmom said:
NC_VX02/15/2005, 10:45 AM
Its cherry red, in great shape. Has low miles. I am hoping to get 6,500 for it with two helmets, two sets of riding gear, some tank bags and gloves. It has a cover and some ducati touch up paint. Please let me know if you are interested...919-593-XXXX. My names Raven
Interesting to see that was in February of this year. Do we know if it was sold?

Was he in dire financial straits at this time? Or was he just heading into them? And if he hadn't been caught embezzling yet, why did he need more money?

Jenifred said:
Interesting to see that was in February of this year. Do we know if it was sold?

Someone had expressed a possible interest in it, but I don't think it was actually sold. Maybe one of our lurkers can pm me if they know for sure if he still had it.

eta: a poster informed me that he still owns his motorcycle.

Jenifred said:

Was he in dire financial straits at this time? Or was he just heading into them? And if he hadn't been caught embezzling yet, why did he need more money?
Wasn't Raven charged in February? This could have been a way for him to pay back at least part of the $9,000.00 he took.

ewwwinteresting said:
Wasn't Raven charged in February? This could have been a way for him to pay back at least part of the $9,000.00 he took.

Our timeline has him charged in February. I know he had his VX up for sale locally, but I wonder how hard he really tried to sell his *toys*. Although 6,500 for the motorcycle and gear is a pretty attractive price. He was taking an absolute bath.

golfmom said:
Our timeline has him charged in February. I know he had his VX up for sale locally, but I wonder how hard he really tried to sell his *toys*. Although 6,500 for the motorcycle and gear is a pretty attractive price. He was taking an absolute bath.
I'd like to add this to the timeline but after a few days, we can edit our posts or delete them. :(
Maybe a moderaor can help...

I've been trolling through the pictures at the VX site.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2984&cat=500&page=2

The above link shows you Raven with some other people and his WHITE VX.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3568&cat=500&page=1

This link should take you to a picture of Raven's new BLACK VX (special edition model), with the comment he made regarding his new purchase.
MARCH '04 purchase.

Here's another picture and the comment he included:
Poster: NC_VX (see this users gallery)
Its official, I spent a lot of money to get it, and hopefully I will still be a man and take it wheelin', but its so darn pritty now!
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3570&cat=500&page=1

Jenifred said:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2985&cat=500&page=1

There's Darius in the picture with him.

And looking at his gallery, Raven posted pictures of the white VX even after he said he purchased the black VX. What's the deal there?

I had a couple of thoughts about that ... Keep in mind that the Jeep was listed as Ravens as well.

He mentioned on the board that he specifically wanted TWO VX's. One for off-road and one for everyday driving. He may have hung on to the white VX for awhile hoping to be able to keep both.

or

He had some old pictures of the white VX that he uploaded to share with his buddies.

Edited to add: I have been told that he drove the BLACK VX to the funeral.

They really got themselves upside on the loans on these vehicles.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/archive/index.php/t-3597.html

NC_VX03/24/2004, 03:19 PM
..........You may owe some on it and are hoping to get that back, but unfortunatly for all of us that got loans for the full value when buying new really didn't come out being able to sell. I was in your position until I found this site.... Decided I wanted to keep it and live with what I got!!! I fell in love with my VX after that!

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/archive/index.php/t-6324.html

NC_VX03/02/2005, 07:57 AM
I'm not one to complain for those who choose to part with their vehicles as I am selling my 99 as well.

Dude, I was in your shoes a dozen times thinking of reasons I made a bad choice. I bought my 99 brand new and a year later was thinking... Damn, I could have gotten a 4 door grand cherokee for the same price I paid for my VX.... Five years later I am now so glad I didn't get rid of the VX or go with a "traditional SUV".... Then again, I like being different.

I don't think Raven was serious about selling his VX. He parked it basically in the middle of nowhere with a for sale sign on it. He belonged to this club of enthusiast for this particular vehicle. He posted that he considered selling it, but that Janet now agreed with him that they had too much into it and it wasn't a good idea to sell.

This board is a very active community that gets together regularly for meets. Raven is the proud owner of the holy-grail limited edition for these folks. People regularly post that they want a VX and are having a hard time acquiring one. So, Raven posts that his motorcyle is for sale, but I can't find one posting saying his truck was for sale.

Why did he have his truck for sale on the corner instead of using the club members that would have actually put him in touch with serious buyers? I think it was strictly for show, and he had no intention of really selling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back