Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DC - AMBER ALERT: Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #1

sources tell News4 her mother, Shamika, refused to file a missing persons report. Family members say Shamika had told them her daughter was on a school trip to Georgia.
    http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...251168541.html
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

"I'm very heartbroken because I love Relisha like she was really mine."
    Inside, Wheeler said police have been questioning her son Antonio for hours, and Antonio Wheeler says he is the missing girlís motherís fiancť. He had reportedly been asking her mother where the little girl was.
    "He's not a suspect...that's what they're saying...he's not a suspect," said Belinda about her son.
    The missing girl and her family reportedly live at this D.C. homeless shelter, and her mother told D.C. Police that she left with shelter worker Tatum three weeks ago.
    "He's Relisha's godfather," explained Belinda. "He is supposed to be -- he buys her a lot of gifts, she goes a lot of places with this man."
    http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/03...c--101337.html
    Fibromyalgia Fog at it's finest! Temporary loss of vocabulary may occur at any time.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Richmond police believe a missing 8-year-old District of Columbia girl may have been in the Richmond area.
    Richmond police spokesman Gene Lepley declined to elaborate on when or exactly where Relisha Tenau Rudd may have been in the Richmond area, or under what circumstances.
    http://m.timesdispatch.com/news/late....html?mode=jqm

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

D.C. police issued the Amber Alert, but late Thursday evening authorities believed the young missing girl may have been, or could even still be, in the Richmond, Va. area. Richmond police said Thursday night they spotted the White 1976 GMC truck MD tag 305015, however, they did contend it may have left the area.
    http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...st-dc/6642457/

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/...southeast-d-c/

Not a lot of new information but the FBI has joined in the search.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Richmond Police believe a she may be in the metro area.
    D.C. Police issued an Amber Alert for a missing 8-year-old girl after a woman was found dead in a Maryland motel room during the search. Late Thursday night, Richmond Police told NBC12 they believe she may be in the area and are assisting in the search.
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/25028968/...ng-for-missing

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Has Relisha been seen recently with this man? Seems strange that when the missing alert was made his wife is found dead and he is on the run!! Did she know something??? MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MissUnderstood For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissUnderstood View Post
    Has Relisha been seen recently with this man? Seems strange that when the missing alert was made his wife is found dead and he is on the run!! Did she know something??? MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    IMO, she either knew, saw, or tried to stop something.

The lack of information along with the wrong information that has been given by the initial news articles has me fuming right now.
    I donít understand how journalists can get a story correct on the next Justin Beiber or Lindsey Lohan arrest, but can and will be so frivolous on a missing baby.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by ShebaShayne View Post
    I know this. I'm local. What I don't understand is why mom would need to give an address-period. The police came to them. They know the address. Everyone has been reporting that this is the old hospital. There was a link post earlier to an article (which has now been updated) that said according to boyfriend/fiance/husband mom was hospitalized. I want to know if mom was actually hospitalized or if that was just thrown in. I don't think local journalists would have confused mom being hospitalized with her living at an address that has not been a hospital in over 10 years.
    ShebaShayne, I'm local, too, but I was talking about journalists when I said 'locals would know', not anyone here.

I haven't seen a quote from family members/'stepfather' or from LE saying the mom was in the hospital, so I really do believe that the whole bit about the mom being in the hospital is something that got twisted around in the media. It really does happen often in cases where a bit of info is misinterpreted by a journalist, unfortunately.

I could be wrong about it, but that's just my interpretation of that report.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by KristiDFW View Post
    IMO, she either knew, saw, or tried to stop something.

The lack of information along with the wrong information that has been given by the initial news articles has me fuming right now.
    I donít understand how journalists can get a story correct on the next Justin Beiber or Lindsey Lohan arrest, but can and will be so frivolous on a missing baby.
    That's what I think also. I do wonder, though, if someone else is involved. Perhaps someone was with Tatum and witnesses thought it was Lyles? In that case, perhaps this other person killed Tatum's wife. I so in my heart want to believe this - that Tatum didn't kill his own wife - because then maybe there's a chance he's trying to keep Relisha alive. If he is capable of killing his wife, then... all bets are off.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    oh geez! I went to the local abc to see if there are any updates and I see there is ANOTHER amber alert for a little boy!

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loca...ginia/6670505/

I will see if we have a thread started.
    This bee my opinion

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Sounds predatory.
    Contradictory statements? Uh oh. This information was not included in the article when I posted. Thanks!!!
    Predatory , yes. The word 'grooming' comes to mind.
    I just cannot imagine someone having your child for a couple of weeks ....just some random person.......for some long length of time. The most my kids have ever been ' with someone' else was a weekend , less than 48 hrs , and it was their grand parents at their grand parents' home. When did kids become like a dvd you just leave somewhere or loan out and don't worry about it, I 'll get it next time I'm in town ?

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    oh geez! I went to the local abc to see if there are any updates and I see there is ANOTHER amber alert for a little boy!

There is. The alert for HIM is what me led me to Relisha . Heartbreaking day !

So someone told mom that Relisha was on a school trip for several days so she did not file a missing report? Do I have that right? Has any one ever heard of a days' long school field trip involving 8 year olds? And one that does not require parental consent? I have to sign a consent for the school to take my 15 yr old to another school within the same district for an hour. WTF ! Mom is completely 'out of the program' or she knows things she does not want to know and is in denial. This is a mess.
    Man kills his wife to run off with an 8 yr old....... dear GOD find this baby !

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

I know it wasn't meant to, but the dvd comment made me snicker...

(My first thought would be someone who is mentally ill or addicted. But that's MOO)

This case has me very worried. I hope whoever has her will think about what they are doing and turn her in to LE. She's just a child.

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FL Wannabe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SCHMAE View Post
    There is. The alert for HIM is what me led me to Relisha . Heartbreaking day !

So someone told mom that Relisha was on a school trip for several days so she did not file a missing report? Do I have that right? Has any one ever heard of a days' long school field trip involving 8 year olds? And one that does not require parental consent? I have to sign a consent for the school to take my 15 yr old to another school within the same district for an hour. WTF ! Mom is completely 'out of the program' or she knows things she does not want to know and is in denial. This is a mess.
    Man kills his wife to run off with an 8 yr old....... dear GOD find this baby !
    Friends/ family have stated that mom told them Relisha was in Georgia on a field trip. She told school officials the child was with her grandmother. What's I'm getting is that mom made this up. According to family mom is more concerned with Tatum. I like that this family is not making excuses. When they felt mom was more concerned with Tatum they asked, "What about your child?" I don't think mom is in denial. I think she's straight up lying.

Friends/ family have stated that mom told them Relisha was in Georgia on a field trip. She told school officials the child was with her grandmother. What's I'm getting is that mom made this up. According to family mom is more concerned with Tatum. I like that this family is not making excuses. When they felt mom was more concerned with Tatum they asked, "What about your child?" I don't think mom is in denial. I think she's straight up lying.
    Ty for clearing it up . I just saw this thread and was trying to read it thoroughly but some bits I must have skimmed. If a parent does not care for their own child, then that child has a rough road ahead, PERIOD !

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

I grew up in the DC metro area. They found the truck in Hyattsville, which is quite a ghetto place. Tons of crime and prostitution and trafficking going on there.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/lo...251168541.html

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bakerlady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

I tried to post what I could find this morning.

nursebeeme, please don't give me a shot, but I had to read your post 4 times before I realized that abc was the TV STATION that you were looking for...I thought you went to the abc store, and I was thinking "are they open yet?"

I think I need sleep... yup sleep... between the two missing VA kids, the missing plane, the constant crickets chirping in my ears, and the fibro pain causing insomnia, I'm done for. Maybe I need that abc store!

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FL Wannabe View Post
    I know it wasn't meant to, but the dvd comment made me snicker...

(My first thought would be someone who is mentally ill or addicted. But that's MOO)

This case has me very worried. I hope whoever has her will think about what they are doing and turn her in to LE. She's just a child.
    I'm sorry. It's just the callousness of a child and being left behind like some inanimate object that no one cares about . So it reminds me of a dvd you loan out but dont' really care if you don't get back because it only cost 8 bucks. Not a baby . I 'm very worried too. I'm sickened and terrified and thinking Relisha must go straight into extreme psyche help the second she is found safe and alive because I know she will be ! But she will likely never feel safe a day in her life because her mother didn't protect and this sick ******* **** o a ' man' has done x y and z.

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

With the mom lying, could she have - I hate got say it - sold he beautiful daughter to this man?
    This is where Sky belongs!! Proud member of the Sky Crew & proud supporter of Solomon's quest to find his precious son!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=195327

38. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to cocomod For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Same here. Reminds me so much of Shaniya Davis - both precious girls being given away by their moms. I'm so afraid for this child.
    When I saw this Shaniya Davis was the first thing I thought of too. Praying it doesn't end up the same way. It sounds strange for Mom to hand her child over to a janitor before her husband. Something is not right here.

40. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to LORI5050 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    With the mom lying, could she have - I hate got say it - sold he beautiful daughter to this man?
    I really keep thinking of Shaniya Davis here...

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LORI5050 View Post
    When I saw this Shaniya Davis was the first thing I thought of too. Praying it doesn't end up the same way. It sounds strange for Mom to hand her child over to a janitor before her husband. Something is not right here.
    That was just... the worst... that poor baby. Such a heartwrenching time on here for so many of us. I had to take a long break from WS after that.

And I'm so afraid something similar is going on here. Adding to it all: Relisha's mom still says she is not missing.

44. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shadow of my mind View Post
    There is an obit from 2012 that has both of these people listed as survivors to the deceased. The cemetery is in Brentwood Md.
    There are other family names listed as well. Hoping LE knows the other family names and are checking to see if they would be of any help in finding this child.
    **I snipped out names and the link**
    That was Tatum's sister's obit. His name is there, as well the other guy that was initially thought to be with him.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 2Hope4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LORI5050 View Post
    I wonder if some money may have been exchanged OR possibly perp gave a good story of a ' better life' that he could give the child. Many of these perps are very convincing and that's why a lot of parents fall for the act. Horrifying !

48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast