1046 users online (245 members and 801 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Pre-meditated or Spur of the Moment?

I've been noodling around different scenarios.

I need to make a poll ... does anyone know how to do that here?

Was the murder pre-meditated or an act of passion?

I think I would need an arrest before I can decide. I mean if I don't know "who," its hard to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I think I would need an arrest before I can decide. I mean if I don't know "who," its hard to answer.
    I guess what I'm asking is do you think this murder took careful planning or was it a murder of opportunity or spur-of-the-moment . . .

Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    I guess what I'm asking is do you think this murder took careful planning or was it a murder of opportunity or spur-of-the-moment . . .
    If Raven did it--heat of the moment
    If the perp was an aquaintance (or either Raven's or Janet's) Premeditated

How's that for sitting on the fence?

I think that it was definitely premeditated. I also believe that Raven did not directly do it, but had someone do it. I think the soccer game was an alibi. And I think that when he did go home and call 911, he told them that she had been shot, which I think was supposed to be the original plan.

JMO!

Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Quote Originally Posted by angarella
    which I think was supposed to be the original plan.
    Never thought of that! Maybe the gun that was taken from the home wasn't theirs.

However, I still don't believe that Raven could have found the money for a hit. That $9,000 was too far gone.

Stabbing is way too personal. When's the last time you heard someone hiring a hitman to stab someone to death? I'm leaning towards a spur-of-the-moment thing, but there is a lot out there to suggest that it might be premeditated.

Kaiden's pictures and Raven's website are geared to making him look like a clean-cut loving father, Janet's been slowly disappearing over time. Also Raven was into that organizational thingy where you make lists of everything.

But the crime scene just seems so disorganized to me! and Raven was clearly an organized person. Look through the photos. You can see how much care and upkeep went into his motorcycle and truck.

eta: Raven wouldn't have hired a hit-man unless he had a designer label attached to him.

I don't know if I am qualified to take a guess because I haven't followed everything in detail. However, from what I have read, I am very suspicious of Raven. I feel that he premeditated his wife's murder.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim
    I don't know if I am qualified to take a guess because I haven't followed everything in detail. However, from what I have read, I am very suspicious of Raven. I feel that he premeditated his wife's murder.
    Which easily pushes back to motive and IMHO there is a whole list of possible motives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenifred
    Never thought of that! Maybe the gun that was taken from the home wasn't theirs.

However, I still don't believe that Raven could have found the money for a hit. That $9,000 was too far gone.
    .......there was a gun taken ?

...i agree that $9000 doesn't go too far, especially if he'd been taking the money a little at a time...he probably needed it to keep the loans current on his 'boy toys'.........after all, he didn't fritter it away on meaningless things like---rent !)

...i'm curious if there is a life insurance policy ?
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Well, after my rush to judgement of the poor fiance in the runaway bride matter, I've promised myself to remain firmly on the fence until I'm convincingly pushed to one side or the other.

Unless, of course, there is such a time that my gut instinct is clearly in overdrive. Then I reserve the right to jump off at any time without even looking.

Quote Originally Posted by LvsAMystry
    Well, after my rush to judgement of the poor fiance in the runaway bride matter, I've promised myself to remain firmly on the fence until I'm convincingly pushed to one side or the other.

Unless, of course, there is such a time that my gut instinct is clearly in overdrive. Then I reserve the right to jump off at any time without even looking.
    LOL ... browse around I look forward to seeing you jump!

I wonder where she was stabbed in the chest and if she was stabbed anywhere else but her chest. The chest is where the heart is and if the stab was close to the heart, I see it was very personal and very close.
    I've read about people getting their throats slit and other places and those don't seem as personal as a heart does to me.

And I still want to know about the trace taken on Janet's hand and if she fired a gun in self defense.

It seems too weird/coincidental to me that Raven collects Knives and of all ways to die, Janet dies by way of a knife.
    Sort of how it seemed so coincidental that Scott Peterson went "fishing" where Laci and Conner just happened to wash up.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura

It seems too weird/coincidental to me that Raven collects Knives and of all ways to die, Janet dies by way of a knife.
    Sort of how it seemed so coincidental that Scott Peterson went "fishing" where Laci and Conner just happened to wash up.
    Ding-ding-ding ...
    Are you ready for the defense, just because he collects knives, has an affair, and says he's single on the internet doesn't make him a killer.

Quote Originally Posted by LvsAMystry

I also rushed to judgement of the runaway bride's fiance, too. But we soon found out after Jennifer went missing that he took a polygraph and passed, and she had been known to do similar things before. If we had known that information firsthand, it would've been easier to not accuse the fiance. However, with Raven, we also don't know if he really had an affair as some people who know him and Janet have mentioned and we don't know if he took a polygraph and passed but we do know that he has not spoken out to the media to help find his wife's killer, nor has the family. Nothing was apparently stolen from the home and LE says this was not a random crime.
    It happened because someone had something against Janet. Being the devout Mormon she is, it could only be a jealous woman, a stalker or Raven.
    If I had to pick, I would pick Raven.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast