Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: TN - Courtney Cash, great-niece of Johnny Cash murdered

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    Update: As been stated previously Austin Johnson went to the hospital in White County, town of Sparta Tenn. The Sparta Expositor has published information released from their county Sheriff's Department.

    http://www.myspartanews.com/articles...9878678618.txt


    According to White County Sheriff Oddie Shoupe, the caller stated a stabbing had taken place at a Johnson residence, on Luna Road, in White County. Shoupe said his officers went to two Johnson residences but could find no sign of a stabbing......

    According to Shoupe, when officers spoke to the victim, who has now been identified as Johnson, at the hospital, Johnson told officers that his parents were residents of Luna Road and that after being stabbed at his home on Rice Road, he fled to his parents’ house. His sister then drove him to Highlands Medical Center.......

    Johnson was then transferred by helicopter to Vanderbilt in critical condition, although by March 20 Andrews says his condition was listed as stable.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  3. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    Today is the funeral of Courtney Cash and while they are having her funeral...

    Wayne Masciarella will have his next appearance in court today.

  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  5. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25...-womans-murder

    Wayne Masciarella entered the plea Wednesday morning during his arraignment on a charge of first degree murder in a Putnam County courtroom. A bond hearing was scheduled for April 2.
    ( I'm cornfused here, because he was already denied bond, but I suppose that is because he didn't have an Attorney yet).

    I am waiting for the news report from WSMV News Channel 4 to post:

    They talked with with WM's attorney, who he met this morning, Doug Dennis.
    He was asked if he thought WM would get a fair trial here, he said "We'll see". He is not ruling out asking for a change of venue, due to the "media" interest in the case and who Courtney is related to.

    He is going to ask that camera's are not allowed in the courtroom.

    They were allowed today.

  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  7. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    http://www.wsmv.com/story/25080382/m...urt-appearance

    Here is the link to the video of WM in court today.....

  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  9. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635

    Boyfriend of murder victim told to stay away at burial

    And so it begins....

    I had a feeling that things were not going to go well and all I can say is, Lord protect the child.

    See the video here:
    http://www.wkrn.com/story/25082545/b...away-at-burial

    In an exclusive interview following the funeral, Johnson's mother told News 2 Cash's murder has driven a wedge between the families.

    Tina Johnson described her son as distraught after learning the Cash family would only allow him and his family to attend Courtney's funeral not her burial.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  11. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    http://www.wkrn.com/category/175880/...clipId=9969389

    I was looking for this video, which talks about WM being charged with domestic assault against Courtney's sister, Cara Cash. It is known that they were in a relationship at one time and that is how everyone knew each other.

    Masciarella has a lengthy criminal history, with 20 entries into the Putnam County jail.

    He's also been arrested in Davidson, Smith, Jackson, Cumberland and Knox counties on charges ranging from drug possession to aggravated assault.

    More recently, Masciarella was arrested in May of 2013 on charges of domestic assault and vandalism.
    http://www.wkrn.com/story/25019568/b...-putnam-county

  12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  13. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635

    Mark Cash Speaks out about his daughters death

    http://www.fox17.com/news/features/t...ws-20447.shtml

    Mark Cash shows up at his daughter's home for the first time and discusses the growing meth problem in the State of Tennessee.

    He also talks about the relationship of Wayne Masciarella with his family later on in this interview.

    He believes that meth was the cause of his daughter's death.

    Such a sad, sad story.

  14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  15. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,157
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lyric~ View Post
    And so it begins....

    I had a feeling that things were not going to go well and all I can say is, Lord protect the child.

    See the video here:
    http://www.wkrn.com/story/25082545/b...away-at-burial

    What a horrible thing to do to him!

    That makes me so sad. Why would they do such a thing?

    The fact that Austin and his family left, after being asked to, shows me that they are good people.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:


  17. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,157
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lyric~ View Post
    http://www.wkrn.com/category/175880/...clipId=9969389

    I was looking for this video, which talks about WM being charged with domestic assault against Courtney's sister, Cara Cash. It is known that they were in a relationship at one time and that is how everyone knew each other.



    http://www.wkrn.com/story/25019568/b...-putnam-county
    So that's how they knew each other.

    Courtney's sister use to date WM. I bet she's feeling some guilt (even though NONE of it is her fault)
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:


  19. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    What a horrible thing to do to him!

    That makes me so sad. Why would they do such a thing?

    The fact that Austin and his family left, after being asked to, shows me that they are good people.
    I could only begin to speculate as to why.

    Maybe they fault him for her being dead, maybe they fault him for leaving her there, even tho he did take the baby with him.

    Questions are coming up, why didn't he call 911 from the house....he may not have had a phone.. ( I don't have a cell phone, just a land line).

    Maybe they fault him for the drugs, even tho her dad said "they" had been up for days? Which "they" who knows.

    Maybe it was just to painful to see him, that he is alive.

    All the comments are saying she was beautiful, and her life was getting on the right track, but how much so, none of us will know, until the trial I suppose..when drug screenings and such will come out.

    All I know, is this young child, will be without a mother.
    Unless, he really proves himself, to be a fit and drug free father, this young child may not have him in her life either.

    It's not been said and in just my opinion, there will be a fight there too.

    Such a sad situation all the way around.

  20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  21. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7,775

  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:


  23. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635

    Judge Denies Request To Block Cameras In Murder Case

    http://www.newschannel5.com/story/25...in-murder-case

    A judge has denied a request to bar cameras from further court proceedings in the case against a man accused of stabbing Johnny Cash's great-niece to death.

    During a hearing in Putnam County Wednesday, the lawyer for Wayne Masciarella asked for no cameras to be present at further hearings in the case. The judge denied that request, and set a preliminary and bond hearing for April 23.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  25. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635

    Preliminary Hearing

    Wayne Gary Masciarella, is due in court today for a preliminary hearing.

    http://www.herald-citizen.com/view/f...=homefirstleft

    I'll post whatever I can find...was hoping to be able to watch it live since the judge is allowing camera's in the courtroom.

    Masciarella’s attorney had hoped that cameras wouldn’t be allowed in the courtroom Wednesday, but the motion to limit media coverage was overruled earlier this month. Douglas Dennis, Masciarella’s appointed attorney, believed that such media attention may taint the jury pool.

    The ruling means the Herald-Citizen and many other media outlets will be present at the Putnam County Courthouse as this trial unfolds.

    Read more: Herald Citizen - Preliminary hearing for murder trial set for Wednesday

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  27. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635

    Austin Johnson Testifies

    Yesterday at the preliminary hearing of Wayne Masciarella... His defense attorney doesn't buy his story...

    Emotional Testimony... I wish it showed the whole court proceeding but it does not. I will look later today to see if it can be found...

    http://www.wkrn.com/story/25325601/j...pears-in-court

    An emotional Johnson also said he performed CPR on Cash as her condition deteriorated.

    Johnson sustained a stab wound to the head and lung.

    "I slid her down in the floor and I started giving her CPR and she was looking at me and I was giving her CPR and blood was squirting out of my lung," Johnson recalled.

    He continued, "I was so desperate to bring her back to life and on the couch. The last thing, she looked at me and said, ‘I love you,’ and I said 'I love you, too,' and she said, ‘I'm sorry,’ and I said, ‘It's okay, baby. It's okay.’”

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  29. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635

    Cash family hears gut-wrenching testimony

    http://www.wsmv.com/story/25324791/c...hing-testimony


    Masciarella's defense attorney Douglas Dennis told a very different story.

    Johnson said he and Cash weren't doing drugs with Masciarella. Dennis doesn't believe that's the case.

    Dennis claimed Cash died from a not life-threatening wound that wasn't treated.

    He said they were avoiding the hospital because they didn't want DCS to take their child.

    "If I know that he has had his child taken away and it was because of drugs. That's relevant," Dennis said to a judge. 

  30. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    It had been in the rumor mill, those places we can't link to, that Wayne Masciarella thought Johnson and Cash were trying to poison him with antifreeze.. I bring this up, because Austin Johnson testified to this on the stand yesterday. I never said anything because it was hearsay.

    He also testified that Wayne Masciarella injected them with something. Austin sure seemed to be genuine in his telling of what happened. There are a couple of other things said like Wayne Masciarella held them for days...

    However his sister say's something totally different.. I don't think that I can post that here, because it was in a comment on her fb page and not in the MSM. Tho she does say it will come out in court..due to video.

    I will say this, I don't think Austin is being totally truthful in my opinion on some of his testimony. I am in no way blaming the victims, I stand on the side of truth and I don't think he is telling the whole truth.

  31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  32. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    NewsChannel 5 ‏@NC5 6m
    Happening Now: The accused killer of Johnny Cash's great-niece is in court today in Putnam County.We will have details as they come in.#NC5

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  34. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    NewsChannel 5 ‏@NC5 13m
    The hearing for Wayne Masciarella, the man accused of killing Johnny Cash's great-neice Courtney Cash has been continued until November.

  35. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  36. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Burbs ~ Down South
    Posts
    2,356
    thanks so much for the update lyric.........i followed this case at the time it happened and was glad to see the thread bumped..........

    terrible it was continued...........very interesting case, so sad
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to Queen Bee For This Useful Post:


  38. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,157
    Lyric, do you know if Austin has been able to see his child?
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  39. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:


  40. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635
    Yes, from his FB page comments and pictures he is seeing her, does he have her full time? That I do not know, as some of his postings are just for friends, but some postings are public.

  41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  42. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635

    Grand Jury Indicts

    After reviewing the information, the grand jury charged Masciarella with premeditated first degree murder, felony murder, attempted first degree murder, especially aggravated kidnapping, abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence.


    http://www.herald-citizen.com/newsx/...to-cash-murder


    His attorney still hasn't seen the first of police reports:

    Doug Dennis, who is representing Masciarella, told the Herald-Citizen yesterday that he didn’t yet know what the charges are against his client.

    Dennis said he has no idea when the case will go to trial and he hasn’t even seen a police report yet. “...I haven’t seen any information they have. I haven’t seen any evidence. I haven’t seen anything,” Dennis said.

    The Herald-Citizen attempted to obtain the incident report from the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department and were unable to get a copy of it.
    Last edited by ~Lyric~; 07-18-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: to add more

  43. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  44. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    635

    True Justice for Courtney Cash

    Those for Justice and those protesting were outside as Wayne Masciarella enters yet another Not Guilty Plea in Criminal Court...his first Not Guilty was in General Sessions.


    There were some people in the courtroom wearing shirts with Cash’s picture on them. There were a few protesters outside the Putnam County Justice Center as well.

    Despite the additional charges, they are not yet satisfied and they feel like the wrong man has been charged.

    “Not all the facts have been brought out,” said Michael Hamilton, who said he’s known Cash since she was about seven years old and has known Masciarella for several years. Hamilton said Masciarella’s record precedes him.

    When asked who else they believe was involved, Hamilton wouldn’t say.
    http://www.herald-citizen.com/newsx/...in-cash-murder

  45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Lyric~ For This Useful Post:


  46. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disbelief. SC
    Posts
    12,157
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lyric~ View Post
    Yes, from his FB page comments and pictures he is seeing her, does he have her full time? That I do not know, as some of his postings are just for friends, but some postings are public.
    Lyric, thank you. I'm glad they have each other. I was just worried because I remember how they didn't allow Austin to attend the burial, just the funeral service. I guess I was worried they would try to keep him from his daughter.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

  47. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovejac For This Useful Post:


  48. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Burbs ~ Down South
    Posts
    2,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovejac View Post
    Lyric, thank you. I'm glad they have each other. I was just worried because I remember how they didn't allow Austin to attend the burial, just the funeral service. I guess I was worried they would try to keep him from his daughter.
    i found that so peculiar regarding his attendance at the service........very sad
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

  49. The Following User Says Thank You to Queen Bee For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Cash for clunkers...
    By believe09 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 01:23 AM
  2. Johnny Cash's house burns
    By Annie in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-11-2007, 12:20 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •