961 users online (188 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

Transgender Woman Claims Former Male Self a Murderer

Authorities in Washington State believe that a series of murders of prostitutes in 1990 were committed by Washington resident Douglas Perry. Now Perry has been captured and charged with the murders, but Douglas has become "Donna," a transgender woman who claims that she is not responsible for the murders because Douglas no longer exists.

If Donna’s defense were to be accepted by the courts, it could lead to unintended consequences for the transgender community as their former selves could possibly be universally considered mentally ill. This is a diagnosis that people with alternate lifestyles have been working hard to defeat for decades.

Donna's central defense, the claim that becoming a woman helped stem her violent tendencies, is disputed by Jack Halberstam, a transgender professor of American and gender studies at University of Southern California.

Halberstam called the defense a "very sketchy and a desperate defense ploy."

"Even if we as a person are less aggressive once we resolved a gender disorder, it does not absolve the responsibility of killing three women," the professor said. "As a legal defense, putting away the science, it's absolute nonsense."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-is-a-Murderer

If they allow this defense it not only affects the LGBT community. It is a slippery slope from there to making the argument - ie. the me I was 10 years ago is not the me I am today period, no sexual reassignment needed.

Next it will be the heathen me of ten years ago committed this crime, but now I have a relationship with God, I am not that same heathen, blah blah blah.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Unless I am ill informed, gender reassignment is about counseling, hormone therapy and plastic surgery. The personality and mind of the person remain the same, this is where intent to harm is formed and then carried out. This will never fly in a court of law- ever. My opinion only of course!

BBM and snipped for focus:
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    Next it will be the heathen me of ten years ago committed this crime, but now I have a relationship with God,
    I am not that same heathen, blah blah blah.
    tlcya
    I think this one has been used for years, if not decades, at least by some prisoners
    seeking post conviction relief - appeals, parole boards, habeus corpus, etc.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    What a crock!
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    Authorities in Washington State believe that a series of murders of prostitutes in 1990 were committed by Washington resident Douglas Perry. Now Perry has been captured and charged with the murders, but Douglas has become "Donna," a transgender woman who claims that she is not responsible for the murders because Douglas no longer exists.
    Oh, for God's sake....
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Last edited by WesternArtist; 07-02-2017 at 12:12 AM.
    "Intelligence, as well, is really a kind of taste: taste in ideas. (One of the facts to be reckoned with is that taste tends to develop very unevenly. It's rare that the same person has good visual taste and good taste in people and taste in ideas.)" -Susan Sontag