Moorers' Bond Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
The Moorers had a bond hearing on March 17, 2014. Both were denied bond.

Discuss the hearing here.

Salem

I know a member in Thread 30 had mentioned purchasing the docs from the hearing and was given permission to post them. Has this member (sorry I am at work and have forgotten who said this) posted the docs anywhere yet?

I'm still curious as to why the Moorers were allowed to wear civilian clothing in the 2nd bond hearing with no restraints but were shackled and jumpsuited in the first one, any local have any ideas to the reason for this?

Delta Dawn, I was out most of the day and missed your reply on the other thread...when I logged on the thread was closed for the day. :)
You said:
They were probably made to believe that SM and TM would be coming home to them that day. This case really hurts my heart on so many levels.
I know this breaks your heart. (hugs) to you.

I'm still curious as to why the Moorers were allowed to wear civilian clothing in the 2nd bond hearing with no restraints but were shackled and jumpsuited in the first one, any local have any ideas to the reason for this?

I wasn't that surprised by that. I suppose it is because they officially have lawyers now, and they requested they be allowed? :dunno:

Seems to me other people charged with stuff are allowed civilian clothing at hearings. I know they always are if a jury is present.

I know a member in Thread 30 had mentioned purchasing the docs from the hearing and was given permission to post them. Has this member (sorry I am at work and have forgotten who said this) posted the docs anywhere yet?

I am willing to purchase them, but it appears that's more difficult than I'd imagined. They aren't able to be ordered online, and when I called there's no voicemail and no answer. (843)915-5080 was the number I've used....

Is anyone more familiar with the process? Am I going to have to send a check by mail, and receive the docs by mail too? ?

Wish I lived there, I'd swoop right in and pick them up. I'm going to try before lunchtime tomorrow, because I'm really eager to see these docs, but I don't want to be waiting weeks for receipt.

I was really hoping I could order them by phone or online. Perhaps that's naive of me, but I'd appreciate any guidance you all have.
Sent from my KFTHWI

IMO that was a plan devised by their attnys....dress them in street clothes so they look less guilty. :scared: (Didn't work for me.)

I am willing to purchase them, but it appears that's more difficult than I'd imagined. They aren't able to be ordered online, and when I called there's no voicemail and no answer. (843)915-5080 was the number I've used....

Is anyone more familiar with the process? Am I going to have to send a check by mail, and receive the docs by mail too? ?

Wish I lived there, I'd swoop right in and pick them up. I'm going to try before lunchtime tomorrow, because I'm really eager to see these docs, but I don't want to be waiting weeks for receipt.

I was really hoping I could order them by phone or online. Perhaps that's naive of me, but I'd appreciate any guidance you all have.
Sent from my KFTHWI

Iirc when you purchase court documents you pay via credit card or paypal. The documents are immediately sent directly to your chosen email address. I think.

Iirc when you purchase court documents you pay via credit card or paypal. The documents are immediately sent directly to your chosen email address. I think.

If this is the case I'll have them tomorrow. Unfortunately they don't have any type of online ordering system or voice mail so I'm going to have to find a way to call before they close/I'm off work (I'm a rocket scientist and didn't compute the time differential between here and SC).

They don't have an email listed either which I was hoping for.

Sent from my KFTHWI

If this is the case I'll have them tomorrow. Unfortunately they don't have any type of online ordering system or voice mail so I'm going to have to find a way to call before they close/I'm off work (I'm a rocket scientist and didn't compute the time differential between here and SC).

They don't have an email listed either which I was hoping for.

Sent from my KFTHWI

I thought they could be ordered online. lol The time difference throws me off too.
Lord in this day and time who doesn't have an email address for business use?

Delta Dawn, I was out most of the day and missed your reply on the other thread...when I logged on the thread was closed for the day. :)
You said:
I know this breaks your heart. (hugs) to you.

Thank you so much. So much of my thoughts go to them. It's hard to have interacted with them IRL and see what is happening now. :( So much innocence lost in this whole catastrophe. I lose sleep nightly because of this and I'm far removed. I can't even imagine what those in the middle of this are going through. :banghead:

I'll stop now. I don't want to get in trouble.

I know here in my local court system and in other cases I have followed elsewhere, defendants are allowed civilian clothing because they have not yet been found guilty. Wearing the jumpsuits makes them look like criminals and until they've been found guilty, they have the right to not appear that way. I'm sure there is more to it and statutes, case law, etc. but that's my short layman's answer until I can get a more definitive answer. :)

I know here and in other cases I have followed elsewhere, defendants are allowed civilian clothing because they have not yet been found guilty. Wearing the jumpsuits makes them look like criminals and until they've been found guilty, they have the right to not appear that way. I'm sure there is more to it and statutes, case law, etc. but that's my short layman's answer until I can get a more definitive answer. :)
I'm another one who was curious regarding the attire the Ms wore at the bond hearing so thanks for the info you provided Delta Dawn. It's certainly understandable that they're allowed to wear civilian clothing instead of the jumpsuits--afterall, they are innocent until proven guilty.

wait>>>> :banghead: Did she flick the news team off? Lots of class there... Why do I think that that person and TM are related? ;)

It makes that family look so bad.
Poor taste.
and shows the true spirit, no remorse, no shame/
that woman looks, acts and could be TM twin, JMOO

Thanks for the input on their clothing everyone, quite possibly they needed an attorney to file a motion so that they could wear street clothes in the hearings and since neither had one at the first bond hearing they had no one to file and had to wear the jumpsuits. Makes the most sense of the difference between the two hearings. Thanks again. :)

Does the court clerk have a website where the calendar, motions and all such filings are available to the public?

If they were denied bail, there must've been some convincing evidence presented.

I would order the documents if they haven't been already. I use paypal all the time. If they can be emailed...since I live in Thailand. I'm on my ipad and lazy, but I'll try to figure it out haha. If anyone has a link I'll order them right now :)

Edited to day: I didn't see all the posts sorry! I guess you all tried to order online already. I think there was a link posted yesterday...but that thread is so long LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member