944 users online (187 members and 757 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Jackie Kay Boyer, 12, Windsor, 21 May 1980

Jackie Kay Boyer, 12, Missing 21 May 1980 from Windsor, Sonoma Co, CA

---------------

Jackie Kay Boyer
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: May 21, 1980
    Location Last Seen: Windsor, Sonoma County, California

Physical Description

Date of Birth: May 7, 1968
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
    Race: Caucasian
    Height at Time of Disappearance: 4'11 to 5'0
    Weight at Time of Disappearance: 80-90 lbs
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Eye Color: Brown
    Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: She has a small scar on her inside right forearm and a small mole at the center of her mid-back
    Dentals: Available
    Fingerprints: Not available
    DNA: Not available Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Unknown
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Jackie went missing on May 21, 1980, 2 weeks after her 12th birthday.

She disappeared from her bedroom with no signs of struggle.

A chair was found by her window. Height and weight are approximations.

Investigating Agency(s)
    If you have any information about this case please contact;

Sonoma County Sheriff's Office
    Phone Number: 707-527-2994

Agency Case Number: 3698-28
    NCMEC Case Number: NCMEC601762

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)
    Google News
    NamUs
    The Doe Network: Jackie Kay Boyer - 3016DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3016dfca.html
    Last edited by KateB; 05-21-2015 at 03:44 AM. Reason: updated photo link.

I just joined Websleuths & just have to say that I'm so heartbroken over missing people - especially children. There's so many cases that I'm interested in, but this is the first one I recognized when scanning the forums.

I wish more details were given in cases. She's only 12, so it seems like she most likely met with foul play, but why was there a chair by the window? Was she considered a runaway, then met with foul play? We're her parents abusive?

I always wonder in many children's cases if the parents are involved and make up the missing story? So many questions. I truly hope Jackie is okay, and if not, her family finds out what happened to her.

I am trying to find anyone else who has looked into this case. I can only find a small amount of information on her both here and on the web. On her Charley Project page it states that there was a chair by the window of her room and pry marks on the window, but no indications of a stuggle.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyer_jackie.html

Does anyone have any information on this girl other than the Charley project, doe network and the odd mention here and there on rule out lists? I've found her mentioned on a zodiac forum, as well as others, but can find no further info about her actual disappearance.

There is remarkably little out there on this case, which is surprising given the facts (a 12 year old disappearing and the circumstances). Looking at records one possible explanation is the absence of anyone to keep the case in the spotlight. Although I cannot be sure I am reasonably confident that her parents were Dennis Boyer and Beverly Williams and that she was born in Del Norte in 1968. The parents (if I am right) married in Del Norte in 1967 as teenagers. Presumably they moved the 300 miles to Windsor in the 1970s. The tragedy is that it seems Beverly probably died in 1983 and Dennis in 1987. Consequently the death of both parents would remove the focus from the case. Whilst I am not certain of these facts they are sourced from records on Ancestry and are the only records which fit (and they also explain the low profile).

It does appear that Dennis and Beverly also had a son, Randy, born in 1970.

What did her parents die of? Suspicious they died so young.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    What did her parents die of? Suspicious they died so young.
    I do not know the causes of death. The Ancestry records just show the deaths without any cause. I guess finding the cause would require the death certificates, absent an online obituary (which I have not found). I agree the deaths are unusual with both dying in their 30s, but the records do show these ages for the deceased so I am reasonably confident with the identifications given ages and location.

I wonder if the parents were involved in drugs or caught up in a fast crowd and that caused the disappearance of their child. Did her disappearance make a big splash in the local media?