03-19-2014, 12:49 AM #1
Trial Discussion Thread #11 weekend thread
Oscar Pistorius: South Africa gears up for its 'trial of the century'
(CNN) -- He was one of South Africa's favorite sons, an amputee track star who defied all the odds and sprinted into the hearts of millions during the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. She was a staggering beauty with the brains to match, a law graduate and model whose star was on the rise.
Pistorius channel goes on air in South Africa
Watch live: Oscar Pistorius murder trial
Follow events from Pretoria as paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius appears in court accused of murdering his girlfriend, the model Reeva Steenkamp.
Full Indictment-4 Counts-107 Witnesses
Live News Feed
Trial Video Archive:
Last edited by KateB; 06-02-2015 at 08:47 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
03-21-2014, 12:33 AM #2
03-21-2014, 09:28 AM #3
Please try to branch out into the topical threads...
03-21-2014, 09:48 AM #4
Right...so where were we?
Still some more prosecution witnesses to hear yet, all of the defense evidence still to come. If OP decides take the stand there is talk that it's likely he'll not want camera coverage of himself (i.e. audio only, similar to a few of the witnesses we've previously heard). Some of us have the case sewn up already, some of us are on the fence, and some like me have fell off it a few times throughout this trial, but got back up again.
03-21-2014, 09:49 AM #5
Funny, to me anyway:
He's innocent ... because:
1) He screams like a woman but yells like a man
2) All the neighbors are confused about hearing screams before the shooting
3) As a gentleman he did the right thing in letting his girlfriend sleep helplessly when he was convinced an intruder was just a few feet away
4) His guard dogs didn't bark because they didn't want to wake the neighbors
5) They really weren't arguing an hour before the shooting, even though neighbors reported hearing it.
6) He's really not 'that" reckless with guns ... hey, accidents happen!
7) It's absolutely normal to shoot 4 shots into a closed door not knowing who is behind it
8) Intruders really do climb a ladder into a second story window with guard dogs in the yard and then hide in the toilet.
9) It's normal not to open your valentines day present on valentine's day
10) Calling your lawyer is truly more important that rushing your girlfriend who you have just accidentally shot to the hospital.
03-21-2014, 09:53 AM #6
03-21-2014, 09:55 AM #7
Roux says he can prove that OP screams like a woman, and we are all eargerly awaiting that evidence!
Yup, the old "I can scream in falsetto and do a duet with myself in two different voices at the same time" defense! Works every time! Sarcasm
I've got that image of pistorius practising his girly scream in the mirror again.
03-21-2014, 09:59 AM #8
03-21-2014, 10:04 AM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2013
03-21-2014, 10:04 AM #10
We seem to have quite a few reasons as to why OP could be guilty or innocent of premeditated murder. Nel is going to be expected to summarise and re-create a picture as best he can of the events leading up to, during and after the premeditated murder. I've not got a clear story yet - has anybody else?
03-21-2014, 10:06 AM #11
03-21-2014, 10:08 AM #12
So many ridiculous things that OPs team are attempting to do here it boggles the mind! The defense on the three gun charges are hard for me to imagine given the multiple eyewitness testimony, but obviously it is coming. I imagine that the Glock was defective causing it to fire the bullet on its own just by passing it from one hand to another. And OP actually stuck his hand out the sunroof, aimed at a large oak tree and fired, hitting the tree center, no person(s) were in any danger.
03-21-2014, 10:16 AM #13
03-21-2014, 10:17 AM #14
03-21-2014, 10:20 AM #15
By beach in forum Oscar PistoriusReplies: 321Last Post: 03-17-2014, 03:02 AM
By Coldpizza in forum Oscar PistoriusReplies: 652Last Post: 03-10-2014, 02:13 AM
By SoSueMe in forum Victoria StaffordReplies: 589Last Post: 05-07-2012, 11:33 AM