1247 users online (261 members and 986 guests)  

Websleuths News

'Phantom' quints pregnancy devastates dad-to-be

MONTREAL — A man who believed for months that he was going to be the father of quintuplets instead found out in hospital his girlfriend was never pregnant.

Delivery day came and went on Wednesday and only then did Paul Servat, 35, realize Barbara Bienvenue, 37, wasn't with children.

A disappointed and tearful father recounted his dashed dreams to QMI Agency at his home south of Montreal, in the baby room filled with five colourfully adorned cribs that lie empty.

"She let me choose the names," Servat, 35, said between sobs, surrounded by donated gifts for the five fictitious babies.

"I lost everything, it was my whole life."

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/20...even-expecting
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

---

False pregnancy (Pseudocyesis)

Pseudocyesis is the false belief that one is pregnant.

Sufferers can exhibit all of the symptoms of pregnancy, but with no baby.

Symptoms can last for weeks, months, or even several years.

Psychological support, including therapy, is recommended.

Male partners of women with pseudocyesis can suffer a related "sympathetic pregnancy" syndrome in which they exhibit weight gain, nausea, and backache.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

A South Shore woman had an entire town believing she was pregnant with quintuplets.
    She managed to convince the community to open their hearts and wallets, to help her.
    But when she and her boyfriend got to the hospital, a nurse took the man aside and gave him a devastating piece of news – she had never been pregnant.
    Watch Stephane Giroux’s report for more details.

Read more: http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/south-sho...#ixzz2wavK3wNh
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Bizarre case. Didn't daddy go with her to doctor visits? WTH?
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

My BIL's son's gf did the same exact thing. Told my BIL's son (the whole family, really) that she was pregnant. They got married. She carried on the "ruse" month after month. Went to the hospital, and delivered.....nothing. She was never pregnant. Now....she says she has irregular periods and that she was pregnant, and must have lost the baby and not known it. While I guess that could happen, knowing this girl, I doubt it.

If this woman truly believed she was pregnant, this couple has my sympathies. They should have gotten prenatal care though to prevent this from happening.

I had delusions of pregnancy when I was 16. I had all the symptoms, like missed periods, implantation bleeding, and vomiting. The would-be father accused me of lying but I completely believed I was pregnant even with a negative home pregnancy test. Eventually my period did come back and it felt like forever. Years later I found out I had polycystic ovary syndrome which caused my irregular periods.

Thankfully this story didn't end with a murdered pregnant mother and a missing newborn (or 5). I'm not making light of this, it's that these are the situations that can go all the way to the never pregnant woman feeling she has to produce a baby and goes to any length to get one.
    WHAT IF THE HOKEY POKEY IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT?

Quote Originally Posted by ebonydarkness View Post
    If this woman truly believed she was pregnant, this couple has my sympathies. They should have gotten prenatal care though to prevent this from happening.

I had delusions of pregnancy when I was 16. I had all the symptoms, like missed periods, implantation bleeding, and vomiting. The would-be father accused me of lying but I completely believed I was pregnant even with a negative home pregnancy test. Eventually my period did come back and it felt like forever. Years later I found out I had polycystic ovary syndrome which caused my irregular periods.
    She was obviously BSing Not only did she tell him she was pregnant but told him they were having 5. She obviously has issues.

Btw I think he's just as responsible. What father would not go to doctor visits with their wife especially one who is pregnant with quintuplets? Didn't he want to be there for the check ups, ultrasounds?
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

Per link: he is 35 y/o, she is 37 y/o; not married, at least not to each other.
    Photo of them at link.
    Snipped and BBM:
    ".... Servat said Bienvenue's baby story lasted 34 weeks, after she had surprised her new beau in September with news that she was expecting...."
    "The couple, who met online last summer, had amassed a motherlode of gifts after a friend created a Facebook page to help them...."
    "...I lost everything, it was my whole life...."
    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/03/20...even-expecting

Not clear to me, when they met in person.
    Appears they 'knew' each other for perhaps, maximum of 3 mo., when she told him about pregnancy.
    Seems a wee bit impulsive, imo.
    Or maybe he was extremely emotionally vulnerable, imo.

ETA: other link says
    "....The woman had told her boyfriend she was pregnant about a month after they met on an online dating site...."
    Read more: http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/south-sho...#ixzz2wcrMMIgS

So a month after they met online, she's pregnant?

I know of a few life-long or decades-long marriages/commitments and
    families starting on shorter time frames, but not many.

Hoping they and all involved can heal after this.

JM2cts and I may be wrong.
    Last edited by al66pine; 03-21-2014 at 03:10 PM. Reason: ETA as shown