1171 users online (221 members and 950 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Who Killed Janet Abaroa?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Her husband, Raven

    90 76.27%
  • A family member

    2 1.69%
  • A co-worker (past or present)

    0 0%
  • A jealous female

    2 1.69%
  • An infatuated male or an ex boyfriend

    1 0.85%
  • Someone who was hired for a contract

    5 4.24%
  • None of the above / Unsure

    18 15.25%

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163

    Who Killed Janet Abaroa?

    Who Killed Janet Abaroa?

    Note: This poll is not for scientific purposes. It is for sheer websleuthing and is based on opinions of sleuthers based on what they've deducted from this case. The outcome of this poll is not meant to defame anyone's character.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    you can post on this thread if you have feedback or thoughts to share

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    Hi there... the results so far are interesting. Someone chose "family member". I am wondering if who might have chosen that option has any ideas of who?? A family member on her side or Raven's side?
    If you feel like commenting, please do. I am curious!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,302
    I voted the hubby did it, only because he couldn't afford to pay a hitman to do it.

    I also think he could receive Social Security benefits for their baby because his mother was employed, and she may have been able to shed some light on his illegal activities. Also, lots of sympathy because he was a single dad/widower with a baby to raise.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf
    I voted the hubby did it, only because he couldn't afford to pay a hitman to do it.

    I also think he could receive Social Security benefits for their baby because his mother was employed, and she may have been able to shed some light on his illegal activities. Also, lots of sympathy because he was a single dad/widower with a baby to raise.
    I voted for Raven, too ... I am leaning toward's the Scott Peterson profile. I am thinking there's another woman out there and that he just is too consumed with himself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    I voted for Raven, too ... I am leaning toward's the Scott Peterson profile. I am thinking there's another woman out there and that he just is too consumed with himself.

    SP is definately a classic case of everything that can go wrong. How many times do we see a couple in financial, personal, job, and/or illegal activity where a spouse ends up dead?

    ETA: As far as another woman, he was obviously looking when he listed himself on the blog as a single man a few days before his wife's murder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf
    ETA: As far as another woman, he was obviously looking when he listed himself on the blog as a single man a few days before his wife's murder.
    One day before. However, it is in dispute as to whether or not he intentionally listed himself as single since it is the default setting.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,302
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    One day before. However, it is in dispute as to whether or not he intentionally listed himself as single since it is the default setting.

    HA, that's what a good defense attorney would say! I saw a picture of him with Kaiden posted on one of the threads, was this picture posted on the blog close to the time of Janet's murder?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf
    HA, that's what a good defense attorney would say! I saw a picture of him with Kaiden posted on one of the threads, was this picture posted on the blog close to the time of Janet's murder?
    There is a picture of him & Kaiden on their front porch that's posted on his MySpace profile.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    There is a picture of him & Kaiden on their front porch that's posted on his MySpace profile.
    And as our own Mr.AG says ... catnip!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    East of the Mississippi
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf
    I voted the hubby did it, only because he couldn't afford to pay a hitman to do it.

    I also think he could receive Social Security benefits for their baby because his mother was employed, and she may have been able to shed some light on his illegal activities. Also, lots of sympathy because he was a single dad/widower with a baby to raise.
    Oh yah, the social security benefits! That is correct, Kaiden (Raven) would receive a monthly payment until he is 18. Good point WW.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,427
    a personal life long friend of janet's tonight ( MissYouJanet ) posted that even she couldn't believe it could be raven............she thought perhaps a stalker...

    ...a stalker.......now that's not out of the realm of possibility.....janet was very shy...( perhaps the 'stalker felt snubbed when she wouldn't even acknowledge him ...)

    ...they did live in a rather secluded area...and the stalker watched as raven left in soccer gear...........knew he'd be gone awhile.........approached janet .....she told him to get lost.....he lost it...........

    ...or a friend of theirs who had feelings for janet.............she DID NOT return those feelings.....he became enraged...

    ...or even a strange nut case ( ted bundy type ) in the area....................sees a beautiful women in the yard..............and kills her just for the score card....

    ...or a woman raven has been seeing.....he tells her it's over/was nothing............he,janet and kaiden are making it work.....SHE knows he's at the game.............goes by the house to confront janet....( except in this scenario, i really think janet would have inflicted SOME damage on the 'other woman' and someone would have noticed...............)

    ...it was mentioned in "chat" this a.m....by someone who had been at the funeral that raven was seriously grief-stricken.....i just don't see faking that for hours on end.....

    ...maybe i'm just holding out hope that raven ( for kaiden's sake) didn't do i t... and therefore i refuse to see the obvious ?
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriej
    ...it was mentioned in "chat" this a.m....by someone who had been at the funeral that raven was seriously grief-stricken.....i just don't see faking that for hours on end.....

    ...maybe i'm just holding out hope that raven ( for kaiden's sake) didn't do i t... and therefore i refuse to see the obvious ?
    There are quite a few possibilities yet none of them seem very likely. But I do agree that if Raven was so grief-stricken, that's something to be considered. (It was also mentioned that guilt could cause that same kind of grief.) At the same time, let's all try to remember that we don't have any idea who's on the other end of these posts. The only things that we know to be of some degree of certainty are the facts that have been released. I want to believe that Janet didn't have any enemies. I want to believe that Raven couldn't have done this. And I am definitely on the fence about what actually happened and who did it, (in spite of all of the weird stuff about money, etc., that we've been discussing). But I don't want to get too far into an opinion based on things that are being stated by people that "knew Janet & Raven" because I just don't know that they really did. So far, the actual facts that have been released are simply not enough to show me who did this.

    I don't mean disrespect to any of you, please know that. I truly value your input, and appreciate being able to learn more about this couple. I'm only saying that I'm not allowing it to figure into my opinion just yet.

    I do want to offer my condolences to anyone that's reading here that truly was a friend or family member of Janet's. As I'm sure you've noticed, our hearts are with you. We all hope that your dear Janet will get the justice that she deserves.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The South
    Posts
    93

    Careful jumping to conclusions

    This is probably a strange "inaugural" post for me because the point of this site (which I enjoy immensely, btw) is proposing possibilities...but, I think we should all be careful to jump to conclusions too soon.

    While I agree Raven's postings seem to make him appear obsessed with possessions and image and that it is crazy watching him brandish a knife in the Christmas video-- it would be interesting to see what opinions the general public would have of many of us if one day our computers were confiscated and our lives were put under a microscope. Think for a moment about how some of your habits or personality flaws could be interpretted...

    The world is made up of quirky folks, full of vices and things that taken in the context of a murder mystery could be interpretted many, many different ways.
    Last edited by JenMom; 05-27-2005 at 09:08 AM. Reason: To add: And it goes without saying that the media often gets things wrong...and almost always to the detriment of a falsely accused person....John Mason, Richard Jewel, etc...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by JenMom
    This is probably a strange "inaugural" post for me because the point of this site (which I enjoy immensely, btw) is proposing possibilities...but, I think we should all be careful to jump to conclusions too soon.

    While I agree Raven's postings seem to make him appear obsessed with possessions and image and that it is crazy watching him brandish a knife in the Christmas video-- it would be interesting to see what opinions the general public would have of many of us if one day our computers were confiscated and our lives were put under a microscope. Think for a moment about how some of your habits or personality flaws could be interpretted...

    The world is made up of quirky folks, full of vices and things that taken in the context of a murder mystery could be interpretted many, many different ways.
    Jenmom, welcome to the boards. I believe that there is a lot of wisdom in what you say.

    I might be a little embarassed if someone peeked and checked out all my internet activity

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Justice for Janet Abaroa (Continue Here)
    By L L & S in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 12:18 PM
  2. The Murder of Janet Abaroa #2
    By OriginalJerseyGirl in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 579
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 11:05 PM
  3. The Murder of Janet Abaroa #1
    By misterallgood in forum Janet Christiansen Abaroa
    Replies: 796
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 02:23 PM