907 users online (177 members and 730 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

FL - Crime Stoppers Executive Eats Evidence

Crime Stoppers chief faces jail over eating evidence

....Masten last week ate a piece of paper in court with the information on it rather than give it up. Masten, a former police chief, says the integrity of the anonymous tip program is at stake....

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/...s-tip/6642547/
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Crime Stoppers official ate paper to protect tipster

...."I mean I don't like the idea of going to jail, but I didn't really have any alternative," Masten said. "The way I look at it, we make a solemn promise to our tipsters that we'll never let them be identified.".....

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/miami-da...otect-tipster/

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Seems like he did avoid jail:

Crime Stoppers official who ate tipster's name avoids jail

MIAMI - The head of Crime Stoppers for Miami-Dade County, who was found in contempt of court last week after he ate a piece of paper containing the name of an anonymous tipster, will not have to face jail time for his actions, reports CBS Miami.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/no-jail-...otect-tipster/

Respect for this retired cop who eat evidence to protect people who have the curage to give information to put the bad gues away
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

In my personal opinion, it was the right thing to do.

My kind of guy! Love it........

OT, Kimster I just LOVE your alien bunny!!