1167 users online (223 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Puerto Rico-Other Cruise Ship Missing...

In addtion to Amy Bradley... and the other woman from Wisconsin....

Name: James Scavone
    Endangered Missing Adult
    Alias / Nickname: Jimmy
    Date of Birth:June 16, 1977
    Date Missing:July 5, 1999
    From City/State:Int. Waters, San Juan,
    Missing From (Country):Puerto Rico
    Age at Time of Disappearance:22
    Race: White
    Height: 70 inches
    Weight: 165 pounds
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Complexion: Medium
    Identifying Characteristics:Raised horseshoe shaped scar on upper left arm, mole on lower right side of face.
    Clothing: Navy blue "Tommy Hillfiger" shirt, tan pants, sandals.
    Jewelry: Silver chain necklace with "tennis racket" pendant.
    Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. James was vacationing with friends on board the Carnival Cruise ship, "Destiny," between Miami and San Juan, Puerto Rico. He was last seen by friends at approximately 1:00am leaving a disco and had left only to go to the men's room.

Name: Manuelita Dejos Pierce
    Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
    Alias / Nickname: Mandy
    Date of Birth: November 9, 1960
    Date Missing: October 29, 2000
    From City/State: Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 39
    Race: Other
    Race (Other): Filipino
    Height: 60 inches
    Weight: 115 pounds
    Hair Color: Brown
    Hair (Other): With red highlights.
    Eye Color: Brown
    Complexion: Medium
    Identifying Characteristics: Pierced navel, triangle-shaped birthmark above right breast, birthmark on left side of back near kidney area, tattooed eyebrows, skin abrasions on both calves, scar from breast augmentation.
    Clothing: Black dress with spaghetti straps.
    Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Mandy was last seen on the "Enchantment of the Seas," a Royal Caribbean cruise ship as it made its way back to Fort Lauderdale, FL. An employee last saw her between approximately 1:00 and 1:30am in one of the ship's hallways.

Chicago Tribune:

Missing pair likely fell off cruise ship

Items compiled from Tribune news services
    Published May 17, 2005

THE CARIBBEAN -- An American couple that disappeared during a Caribbean cruise probably fell overboard, officials in Puerto Rico said Monday.

The 71-year-old man and 67-year-old woman aboard the Carnival Destiny disappeared Thursday between the islands of Barbados and Aruba, said U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Omar Barrera.

"The only logical conclusion it that they somehow fell overboard," Barrera said.

Investigators found a few belongings, including a purse and sandals, out in the open on the third floor of the ship. There were no signs of suicide, and the two evidently were in good health with no serious personal problems.

Two Coast Guard planes conducted an unsuccessful search. Passing ships were asked to be on the lookout.

Quote Originally Posted by audrey77
    Chicago Tribune:

Missing pair likely fell off cruise ship

Items compiled from Tribune news services
    Published May 17, 2005

THE CARIBBEAN -- An American couple that disappeared during a Caribbean cruise probably fell overboard, officials in Puerto Rico said Monday.

The 71-year-old man and 67-year-old woman aboard the Carnival Destiny disappeared Thursday between the islands of Barbados and Aruba, said U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Omar Barrera.

"The only logical conclusion it that they somehow fell overboard," Barrera said.

Investigators found a few belongings, including a purse and sandals, out in the open on the third floor of the ship. There were no signs of suicide, and the two evidently were in good health with no serious personal problems.

Two Coast Guard planes conducted an unsuccessful search. Passing ships were asked to be on the lookout.
    so there are 4 missing persons,
    and two of them were an elderly couple, correct?

have they mentioned what they think happened
    to the younger two people missing?

One of them was on a different ship. It sounds like the Destiny should check out their staff members.

Here is another missing person from a Cruise Ship, once again Carnival but this time the ship is the "Pride". I know of a couple more but don't have time right now to look them up. Will post them later.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wauk/dec04/282103.asp

https://www.piersystem.com/external/...cumentID=57607

Press ReleaseDate: Nov. 25, 2004

(305) 318-1864

</SPAN>

Coast Guard searches for missing cruise ship passenger on Thanksgiving Day
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Coast Guard rescue crews are searching for a 54-year-old-man who possibly fell overboard early this morning from the cruise ship Celebration.
    A small boat from Coast Guard Station Mayport, Fla., a Dolphin helicopter from Air Station Savannah, Ga., and a Falcon jet from Air Station Miami are searching for the Richmond, Va., resident. The man's wife believes her husband might have fallen overboard at 4 a.m.

I am looking for more info on this one. Once again, it is a Carnival ship!

I found another one, once again it is a Carnival Cruise line ship. I had no idea there had been so many recently.

https://www.piersystem.com/external/...cumentID=43709

Press ReleaseDate: July 23, 2004

(305) 415-6683

SEARCH CONTINUES FOR MAN MISSING FROM CRUISE SHIP
    MIAMI - The Coast Guard is searching the waters 14 miles off Cape Florida for a man possibly missing since early this morning from the cruise ship Fascination.
    Crews are currently on scene tracking a 28 mile stretch for the 37-year-old Virginia Beach, Va., man. The Coast Guard Cutter Cormorant and an Air Station Miami C-130 aircraft joined two HH-65 Dolphin helicopters and a Falcon jet from Air Station Miami, and a rescue boat from Station Miami Beach, Fla.

Wow, that is 6 people missing from Carnival Cruise ships! 1 from Royal Caribbean. I still remember another one in the last couple of years and am looking for it. Something sure doesn't sound right. I have been on two of the ships that people are missing from.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    Wow, that is 6 people missing from Carnival Cruise ships! 1 from Royal Caribbean. I still remember another one in the last couple of years and am looking for it. Something sure doesn't sound right. I have been on two of the ships that people are missing from.
    I've been on one of them. I wonder if this is just a new way to commit suicide or if a staff member is pushing them off.

more info on the woman missing in post # 5

http://www.gmtoday.com/news/local_st...1052005_06.asp

Mizenerís disappearance set off a flurry of unconfirmed rumors, including that a security camera was tampered with near the location on the ship where crew members found her purse. Family members have said they donít believe she could have committed suicide.

Wow! I didn't realize there were that many cases. The only one I even heard was Amy Bradley. They really need to do some investigating of the staff members on those ships. I am sure in at least one of these cases the person jumped or fell overboard.
    Just my opinion of course!!

Rachel,

I had no idea either. I have been on more cruises than I can count and never even heard of it. I have actually found several more cases but didn't post them because suicide was supected. The ones that I posted seem to be suspicious. I also came across quite a few of sexual assaults with the victims being passengers and the suspects crew members. One was an accusation of sexual assault on a 2 year old by crew member baby sitter! Sure is alot of stuff happening on the ships.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    Rachel,

I had no idea either. I have been on more cruises than I can count and never even heard of it. I have actually found several more cases but didn't post them because suicide was supected. The ones that I posted seem to be suspicious. I also came across quite a few of sexual assaults with the victims being passengers and the suspects crew members. One was an accusation of sexual assault on a 2 year old by crew member baby sitter! Sure is alot of stuff happening on the ships.
    OMG. I've been on a lot of cruises, too, but had not heard of the sexual assaults by crew members. I can see how that could happen.

As far as falling overboard, I think that would be really hard to do unless you were standing on the rail.

Wow!

In a lot of ways this sounds like how Disney handles problems in their theme parks-because they don't want the adverse publicity, the company does EVERYTHING in its power to keep these incidents as quiet as possible. I know in one of the cases, a person who discovered some items of Annette's actually contacted the FBI directly because of "suspicious circumstances" he observed and the fact that the cruise employees seemed to be VERY lax in trying to preserve what he perceived as a possible crime scene. And to think my daughter's high school band trip in 2004 was on Carnival-I don't think they will be using that line again if I have anything to say about it!

Bring Maura home!

You are so right gatetracker, Disney covers up lots of stuff and I'm sure that the cruse lines don't want things like this getting out either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast