Tips

Softail

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I noticed several are having trouble with the new forum.

Thought I would offer some tips.

Let me just say that when I joined here it was right before the CA trial. CA has her own forum. It was very helpful to find information. Same with the Jodi Arias trial, there is a forum for that as well.

With that said.... I have 2 bookmarks for WS, one for the TA forum, and one for the CA forum. That is how I log in. I click on either on of those. I suppose I could delete one, but I just haven't. :doh:

Anyway, if you bookmark Heather's forum (I'm assuming you know how to bookmark - If you don't let me know and I'll help you)... Here is the link for her forum:

SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Missing from Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Once you have it bookmarked, you can click on it to log in. You will then see all of the threads, and sticky's for media links, timelines, etc....

If you ever get lost, you can just click on your bookmark to bring you back. Or another way is to click on "New Posts". Heather's forum is always somewhere on the main page. To the right of the page there is a heading called "Forum". If you click on that, it will take you to her forum as well.

Hope I was being clear, and if I can help in any other way, please let me know! :seeya: Or if anyone else can add any tips, I'm sure that would be helpful. :)

More tips!

If you start at the top level of the sub-forum and then "subscribe" to that, you will then be able to easily find and see all the threads within that sub-forum.

Imagine going into a library and none of the books are on the shelf and they're all piled into the middle of the room and you want to find a certain book... Wading through thread after thread where it's a mosh pit of topics all together with no differentiation makes it difficult to have meaningful discussions around one particular subject area.

Sub-forums are fantastic inventions. I of course am a huge fan of them.

ETA: To subscribe to a forum, go to the top level of the forum for Heather Elvis. Then click on "Thread Tools" which is found right underneath the page count (page 1 of x) on the right hand side towards the top. Then select "Subscribe to This Forum" and then press the submit button on the next page. You are then subscribed to the H.E. sub-forum and will be able to see all the threads and find them easily.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back