Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crane climber closes Peachtree - accused of killing GF

Crane climber closes Peachtree - accused of killing GF

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...5/26crane.html

Atlanta police Thursday morning remained in a stalemate with a Florida murder suspect perched atop an 18-story crane in the heart of Buckhead.

"We're not in any rush, and he's not a threat to anybody other than to himself," said Atlanta police Sgt. John Quigley.

The man, identified by Florida authorities as 41-year-old Carl Edward Roland, climbed the construction crane about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, and has refused to come down.
    According to a press release from the Pinellas County, Fla., sheriff's office, Roland, whose last known address was in Clearwater, is suspected in the slaying of his former girlfriend, 36-year-old Jennifer Gonzalez.

The woman's badly beaten body was discovered Tuesday afternoon in a retention pond near her home in Oldsmar, Fla.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986
    http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...5/26crane.html

Atlanta police Thursday morning remained in a stalemate with a Florida murder suspect perched atop an 18-story crane in the heart of Buckhead.

"We're not in any rush, and he's not a threat to anybody other than to himself," said Atlanta police Sgt. John Quigley.

The man, identified by Florida authorities as 41-year-old Carl Edward Roland, climbed the construction crane about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, and has refused to come down.
    According to a press release from the Pinellas County, Fla., sheriff's office, Roland, whose last known address was in Clearwater, is suspected in the slaying of his former girlfriend, 36-year-old Jennifer Gonzalez.

The woman's badly beaten body was discovered Tuesday afternoon in a retention pond near her home in Oldsmar, Fla.
    He's not going anywhere, that's for sure. Now all we need is a really good lightning storm; it might save the State of FL a considerable amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    He's not going anywhere, that's for sure. Now all we need is a really good lightning storm; it might save the State of FL a considerable amount of money.
    Sunny and cool today...no lightening in the forecast. But we don't know how long he will stay up there....

It's been sort of windy the past few days at my house (180 miles south). Would it be a shame if the wind picked-up a bit in Atlanta?

Oh, so that's where the coward ran too...let him jump. I'm sorry, but I get so sick of these criminals being put on suicide watch and police trying to stop these idiots from hurting themselves. Like one of the construction workers said, it's costing them a day's pay Freakin' coward...get a sharp shooter out there and it would take care of the problem.
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Quote Originally Posted by lady-eowyn
    Oh, so that's where the coward ran too...let him jump. I'm sorry, but I get so sick of these criminals being put on suicide watch and police trying to stop these idiots from hurting themselves. Like one of the construction workers said, it's costing them a day's pay Freakin' coward...get a sharp shooter out there and it would take care of the problem.
    CNN just said they are on a slight delay while they show the perp on the crane .....just in case, I guess!

I live here and work a few miles away from this mess..............traffic is a nightmare. I can't believe they didn't get him down from there overnight. When do you think he will pee?

Quote Originally Posted by robinparten
    When do you think he will pee?
    My question is where will his pee land when he does pee? Ewwww!!!
    When the children cry let them know we tried 'Cause when the the children sing then the new world begins

Quote Originally Posted by robinparten
    I live here and work a few miles away from this mess..............traffic is a nightmare. I can't believe they didn't get him down from there overnight. When do you think he will pee?
    I'm staying away from Buckhead today...will change my plans until tomorrow. Between that moron and the water main break it is too much.

He will be getting pretty dehydrated pretty soon...no water etc.

In lieu of the lightning storm, if we could only get the crane operator, to accidentally jerk the boom a little, while he is trying to lower it.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    I'm staying away from Buckhead today...will change my plans until tomorrow. Between that moron and the water main break it is too much.

You are so right, I work immediately south of the water main and I am just over that whole thing. I think the entire city is going to fall into some sewage cesspool at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson

"With temperatures about 60 degrees F at 10 a.m. Thursday, Roland approached authorities stationed on a platform at the end of the crane and accepted a jacket before moving back a few feet and sitting. Shortly afterward, he moved again -- farther out on the crane.

Authorities have been giving the man food and water, an Atlanta Fire Department official. To keep him from falling asleep, officials have blared a bullhorn occasionally."
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/26/crane.man/index.html

ok, I'm sorry, but that is just dumb.
    why give him a jacket AND food AND water.
    he climbed up there, he can climb down for those things.

Quote Originally Posted by sharon25

Authorities have been giving the man food and water, an Atlanta Fire Department official. To keep him from falling asleep, officials have blared a bullhorn occasionally."
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/26/crane.man/index.html

ok, I'm sorry, but that is just dumb.
    why give him a jacket AND food AND water.
    he climbed up there, he can climb down for those things.
    I used to believe that Atlanta Fire Dept. Officials, like all Fire Dept. Officials everywhere, deserved my respect. Apparently I was mistaken about the Atlanta Fire Dept. Officials. Even cats will climb down out of the tops of trees if they get hungry, or thirsty enough. Talk about dumb (the guy on top of the crane) and dumber (the Atlanta Fire Dept. Officials).

I used to believe that Atlanta Fire Dept. Officials, like all Fire Dept. Officials everywhere, deserved my respect. Apparently I was mistaken about the Atlanta Fire Dept. Officials. Even cats will climb down out of the tops of trees if they get hungry, or thirsty enough. Talk about dumb (the guy on top of the crane) and dumber (the Atlanta Fire Dept. Officials).

Cheaper than a lawsuit when the idiot falls and kills himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Cheaper than a lawsuit when the idiot falls and kills himself.
    His family is going to sue Atlanta for not protecting him, against himself??? Somehow I really don't think that suit would prevail.

His family is going to sue Atlanta for not protecting him, against himself??? Somehow I really don't think that suit would prevail.
    Or how about: "He accidentally fell to his death while trying to escape capture."

Yes it would. LE has a duty to protect him, even it is from himself. If LE knows someone wants to harm themselves, they have to do everything in their power to stop it.. If they failed to do so, the family, I am sure, would sue sue sue... and more than likely, they would win.

You mean to tell me you've never heard of a stupid lawsuit??? Just because there's a slim chance of prevailing, doesn't mean that it won't happen darlin.

My question is where will his pee land when he does pee? Ewwww!!!
    I got that same question

what an idiot, why go up a crane and where is that going to get him? He would have been better off blending in with the homeless downtown. They just arrested a man in Marietta for murders 14 years ago, he blended. The sad part is this is going to cost the state of Georgia more money. We had a rash of people threatening to jump off the over passes here and now they're putting fencing up on all the ones I've seen. Guess the crane operators will either have to stay with their cranes, get security or move them every night.
    This is only my opinion

Who was arrested in marietta??

Quote Originally Posted by AliSleuth
    I got that same question

what an idiot, why go up a crane and where is that going to get him? He would have been better off blending in with the homeless downtown. They just arrested a man in Marietta for murders 14 years ago, he blended. The sad part is this is going to cost the state of Georgia more money. We had a rash of people threatening to jump off the over passes here and now they're putting fencing up on all the ones I've seen. Guess the crane operators will either have to stay with their cranes, get security or move them every night.

LOL I think this dude crawled up there while they were actually on site!

Ok I have the solution to this one. Due to the murder this guy has a right to an attorney, right? Introduce him to his defense attorney. Tell the attorney it is now his responsibility and walk off and give them their unmonitored time to discuss the case. The guy will either jump or he will come down to talk to his attorney.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

My suggestion is

Quote Originally Posted by sharon25
    ......Authorities have been giving the man food and water, an Atlanta Fire Department official. To keep him from falling asleep, officials have blared a bullhorn occasionally."

They should have handed him a portable toilet!

Never mind "where does he pee?" I'm more concerned about the "other" part of that problem! I guess you could say he is probably "full of it" by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mere
    Who was arrested in marietta??
    http://www.11alive.com/news/usnews_a...?storyid=63675

.........Agents arrested 45-year-old Byron Scott, commonly known as Claudius Hanson, without incident and are holding him in connection with two drug-related murders committed in 1990. One took place in Philadelphia, while the other happened in New York........
    This is only my opinion

Thanks Alisleuth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast