James Rebhorn has Passed

I know that it's odd when we feel that we know actors from the characters that they play. Somehow I simply liked this man even though I certainly didn't know him as a person.

We recently lost a close friend, in his 50s, to melanoma. So perhaps this is one more reason why I feel personally affected by James Rebhorn's death.

Thinking of his family and loved ones.

:rose:

James Rebhorn Dies
By K.C. Blumm
03/23/2014 at 03:30 PM EDT

With a career spanning five decades, Philadelphia native Rebhorn was a familiar face to TV viewers in shows including White Collar, Law & Order and Seinfeld (he played the D.A. who sent Jerry and his friends to jail in the final episode of the show).

james-rebhorn-300.jpg

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20799560,00.html

'Homeland' Actor James Rebhorn Wrote His Own Obituary
4:22 PM PDT 3/24/2014 by Debbie Emery

Snipped:

He is also survived by his wife, Rebecca Fulton Linn, and his two daughters, Emma Rebecca Rebhorn and Hannah Linn Rebhorn. They anchored his life and gave him the freedom to live it. Without them, always at the center of his being, his life would have been little more than a vapor. Rebecca loved him with all his flaws, and in her the concept of ceaseless love could find no better example.

james_rebhorn_2_-_p_-_2014.png.png

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/homeland-actor-james-rebhorn-wrote-690761

My condolences to his wife and children. He was a very good actor.

Oh melanoma, how I hate you.

My ex was diagnosed with Stage 4 melanoma last October. He stayed with me and our daughter from that time, to the last week of his life, when his mother took over his care with hospice.

On December 10th, I went with my ex to MD Anderson in Houston, to see what and if any options there were. He had finished radiation, and there was still one pathology report that had thought it might be sarcoma instead of melanoma, so his local oncologist suggested MD Anderson.

We left MD Anderson on December 10, knowing it was grave. It was confirmed as melanoma. We went back to the local oncologist, who gave my ex 2 suggestions for "if" he wanted any treatment, or he could choose hospice care.

He chose hospice care with the decision to enjoy the hopefully "months" that he had left. Melanoma is a friggin' biotch...he passed away exactly 3 weeks to the day of that MD Anderson visit. There wasn't months, it was 21 days. It ravaged his body that quickly (which, in the long run, was a blessing, I guess). I remember the MD Anderson doctor saying, "Melanoma is like no other skin cancer" and explained a little bit of why it is so rare, but deadly, compared to other skin cancers.

Yes, years ago I've done the tanning beds...NEVER again. Look up what melanoma cases look like...you may not get those images out of your head.

Mr. Rebhorn battled melanoma for a long time. God Bless him and his family, and all other loved ones. RIP, sir.

Actor James Rebhorn 'was a lucky man,' he wrote in his own obituary

Earlier this month, he wrote his obit, His Life According to Jim.

"His mother, Ardell Frances Rebhorn, nee Hoch, loved him very much and supported all his dreams," Rebhorn wrote. "She taught him the value of good manners and courtesy, and that hospitality is no small thing. His father, James Harry Rebhorn, was no less devoted to him. From him, Jim learned that there is no excuse for poor craftsmanship. A job well done rarely takes more or less time than a job poorly done. They gave him his faith and wisely encouraged him to stay in touch with God."

http://stpauljerseycity.org/stpaul/2014/03/24/in-memory-of-jim-rebhorn/#hislife

(oops, I see a story was linked previously. this is from his church.)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back