1082 users online (217 members and 865 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UT - Nathaniel Vamvas, 24, West Jordan, 18 March 2014

Nathaniel Vamvas

Police looking for missing California man in West Jordan -

Nathaniel Vamvas, 24, was last seen Tuesday near the Jordan Campus of Salt Lake Community College, at 3491 W. 9000 South. At the time of his disappearance, he had just been released from the Jordan Valley Medical Center in West Jordan. Vamvas originally hails from San Clemente, Calif., but has been staying in Lehi with his in-laws since late 2013.
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...amvas.html.csp
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Missing Person Alert: West Jordan Area -

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story/...re_local_news1
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Nate's FB

https://www.facebook.com/njvamvas213?fref=ts

Find Nate Vamvas FB

https://www.facebook.com/groups/538677706253949/

His wife is putting out some good information on the Find FB page about his possible route. Not sure what he was in hospital for, but he was apparently confused when he left, fell and completely covered in mud. She was to meet him at a gas station to pick him up, I wonder why she wouldn't get him at the hospital...

They haven't been married too long, sweet little baby they have...

I hope they find Nate safe! A new wife and a young baby- they need him. Praying for all of them!

W. Jordan police, family ask for help is finding missing man

W. Jordan police, family ask for help is finding missing man -

West Jordan police and family members are asking for the publicís help in finding a California man who went missing a week ago after being released from a Utah hospital. Nathaniel Vamvas, 24, was released from Jordan Valley Medical Center in West Jordan on March 18. He was last seen on a security camera leaving the Salt Lake Community College, Jordan Campus at 3491 W. 9000 South, where he had used a telephone to leave a message for his wife, Rachel.
    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/57...ssing.html.csp

according to the Group FB page, they found the bag he was carrying behind the college he called from in a field.

They are very hush hush as to why he was in the hospital to begin with. IMO

His wife posted on FB an article of another guy who was found deceased, but her husband is still missing..

Latest news article on Nate...

Vamvas spent about two hours at the emergency room and was disoriented when he left on foot, sister-in-law Meghan Stringham said. Investigators believe he fell into a nearby ditch before going to the Salt Lake Community College Jordan campus.
    "He found a girl there and we have security surveillance from the campus with her on it," she said. "He talked to this girl and she said when she saw him he was covered head-to-toe in mud Ö and he asked her if he could use her phone so he could call my sister and then he asked her for the address to the closest Maverik, because he said he knew my sister would be able to find him there."

However, Vamvas was unsuccessful in contacting his wife before heading to the Maverik, Stringham said. The store also doesn't have any footage of him ever arriving at the store, she said.
    BBM

This man has now been missing for 10 days. According to the Find Nate Vamvas FB Group, he doesn't have a phone with him. (that's why he was asking to use someone else's phone to call his wife)
    Also this man only recently moved to UT with his wife in Nov. so it's likely he wouldn't know the area very well and with him being "disoriented" in the first place, this is very worrisome!
    According to the article, he has not contacted anyone since that night, and "there also hasn't been any activity on his credit cards since the day he went missing."
    According to the FNV FB Group, he did leave a voicemail at 10:10pm that night (March 18, 2014) while trying to reach his wife.

What's confusing to me is that on the FNV Group page there are a couple of photos posted on March 20 and 21rst. These photos show what he was wearing and the one posted on the 21rst, what appears to be what was found. However, the search wasn't until the 22nd which is when they said that during the search they "found the hospital bag in a field behind the Tech center." The shoes in the photo dated on the 20th look muddy to me so...IDK.

But I'm really concerned for this man! It's been 10 days and NO SIGNS of him! I haven't seen any other plans for another large search either. My heart really goes out to his family.

We need at map. (I'll have to see if I can get one together.)

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=29251226&nid...s_cid=topstory

Last edited by OtherEyes; 03-29-2014 at 02:24 AM. Reason: To bold links
    "My own eyes are not enough for me, I will see through the eyes of others." ~C.S. Lewis

So I used what was on FNV FB Group page on a post dated March 20 at 1:00 pm.
    Which was made by his Sister-in-law, stating that these are the exact directions to the Maverick that she wrote down for him. See here.
    I was a little confused at first when I first entered the starting address, it was NOT for the Hospital, but for the back of the High Technology Center at the SLC Community College.(Which is 0.6mi apart.)
    Map from ER to Tech Center
    So what I am wondering is, if these are the directions that were given, maybe NV was trying to get to Wights Rd and got lost as there is not a starting place from the ER. IYKWIM? I can see being "disoriented" trying to find the starting point of those directions. I wonder if the reports of him being "disoriented" leaving the hospital are just that; he was confused about the directions he was given, NOT from some mental issue from the hospital. MOO
    It was after dark, in a place that he was not familiar with and then his directions are wrong. So he probably did the best he could trying to find the street that was listed as the starting point.
    Investigators said that they believe he fell in a nearby ditch before going to the College Campus. I'm wondering if when he fell, his shoes came off then and he just picked them up and kept going, hoping to find someone to let him use their phone. (On that same post underneath, the SIL states that he was covered from head to toe in mud and that he was carrying the hospital bag and his shoes.)
    IDK what happened after. He was in an unfamiliar environment and it's dark and he had just fallen in the mud and lost his shoes and didn't know how to get to where he needed to be to meet up with his ride. I can imagine he would be stressed and uncomfortable.

I worry for many reasons... One being that it appears they found the hospital bag behind that Tech center and from the other pic it looks like they found the shoes. IMOO So did he just decide to leave them there because he didn't want to carry muddy stuff or...???

Here's the map from the hospital's ER to the Maverick as noted in SIL's post.
    I also can't help but wonder why he wasn't being picked up AT the hospital? Those directions were written down for him prior to going to the ER.
    IDK, but I'm worried about him.

Where are you Nate?
    "My own eyes are not enough for me, I will see through the eyes of others." ~C.S. Lewis

Oh dear...
    I feel so bad for his wife. Bless her heart, she is desperate for help! She just posted that some of the information in the KSL news story wasn't correct although she thanked them for running it. She also stated that her family has had a hard time trying to get a police report filed for her missing husband. She said they tried daily to have Lehi and the West Jordan PD file a missing person report and it was only after they got a "publicist" that the report was finally made.

That was a very desperate sounding post from his poor wife.

She emphasized him not being from there and them knowing his condition, but no mention (that I have seen) of more specifics on his condition, which is fine, but...

...should they be equally emphasizing his being missing in San Clemente?

Depending on his condition, and him not being from there, might he not even say he's from there if someone happened on him and perhaps be in (or en route) San Clemente at this point?

Over 10 days later he could be anywhere, obviously, but given her emphasis on his not being from there, I wonder if they ought to 'heads up' LE and media in SoCal also?

What was his condition? Every article on SM and media reports that he left the emergency room ...was "confused" , "disoriented", and such. This info would surely help! Was he detoxing? Did he have the flu? Meningitis? Appendix issues? This is key IMO

I found something on someone with that name being arrested in Utah very recently. http://arre.st/Mugshots/Utah/Salt%20...2/mugshot.html Just sort of wondering if this might be related to why he was hospitalized.

That matches the description. He was 23 on 2/4/14 which is the arrest date and according to his fb, he turned 24 on 2/13.

How many 24 year old Nathaniel Vamvases reside in UT?

If he was battling a heroin addiction, it could explain why they havent come forward with details of hospitalization.

Personally, I dont care if he was a heroin attic or got in trouble or anything like that. His life is still incredibly valuable and doesnt deserve judgement.

Come home Nate. Your family is young and you have a lot to give and teach them

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Bumping for Nate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast