1072 users online (247 members and 825 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

SIDEBAR #24- Arias/Alexander forum

SIDEBAR #24- Arias/Alexander forum

Please continue here..

Reckon I will mark my place here....
    G'day all!
    XMAS IS COMING...

“Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."
    ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
    “The heart lies and the head plays tricks with us, but the eyes see true.”
    “So be it. I'll wear my iron and hold my tongue. A man who won't listen can't hear.”

Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
    X marks the spot!
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

A girl could gain weight just looking at the delicious spread Harmony laid out!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Thumbs up

Just wanted to say:

everyone for the encouraging words!!

~~Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain!~~
    ~~We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience!~~
    ~~Veni, Vidi, Velcro! I came, I saw, I stuck around!~~

Quote Originally Posted by Niner View Post
    Just wanted to say:

everyone for the encouraging words!!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
    Good luck Niner!
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

MonaLou made it though, surgery and is home. She has three ten inch long incisions and her skin was pulled away from her body? and has two drains from the top of her back to her tummy. Her left eye has blood in the white part and they think it's from blunt force trauma and think it will resolve itself over time.

Neesaki, I was shaking so hard I couldn't get the gun safe open or I would of shot them. I had called DH and he made it from downtown Dallas home under fifteen minutes, called 911 again ( they said they hadn't received any calls. They'd asked my name, address, phone number and said they'd call animal control.) and told them to get the police here are he was going to shoot them. They asked if he had a gun, he said hell yes, get them here or I'll kill them ( told him to stay in the house, and it's illegal to fire a gun in the city limits; he said no you get a police officer now or I'm killing them.) and that they'd notified animal control and we should wait. No police,but animal control showed up and got the dogs as we were leaving for the emergency vet hospital.

The owners will get a citation, and their dogs will be released to them today. Since it was the "first time (that they know of) they'd attacked anyone or thing that is all they can do. We asked about the possibility of them attacking a child or anyone else, and again it was the first time and he'd seen several kids out playing and they didn't attack them. Don't know if anyone was out before they got to us and over the fence by the pasture (it's going to a six foot fence now), but we don't have kids in our neighborhood other than the new family with a two year old and a four month old, and they weren't home.

We have so many pitbulls to the north, south, and west of us; have never been comfortable with that fact, and them telling us that they are good dogs wouldn't hurt a fly, doesn't impress me much.

We're going to call their home owners insurance today and start a lawsuit, and I hope the insurance company tells them to get rid of them or they'll drop their insurance.

Unfortunately, we know the people, not a big fan of them,they let their son terrorize the neighborhood, and their son was a good friend of my nephew thirty years ago.

They live one block over and across the alley, all they had to do was walk five hundred feet, take a left turn and they were two houses down from ours. They went through their fence (a split three rail type) into the pasture and into ours.

When we got to the vet hospital they took Mona back, but told us we'd have to wait and in the mean while they wanted a hundred bucks before they started treatment, and would give us an estimate after the vet checked her over; kinda crappy and crass to us. Every penny of the thousand dollars final bill though. When we gt her home last night she wouldn't go out in the backyard. She took about ten steps looking around and wanted back in. So now my baby has PTSD

I know I'm rambling on, so please forgive me.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

I am SO sorry IliketoBend
    I feel so bad for your pup.
    And I am angry with what sounds like some idiot owners
    Take their @sses to town with any form of penalty you can throw at them.

I will say it again, if you can not control a pitbull, DON'T own them.

In the meantime, I hope MonaLou's healing goes fast and she overcomes her fears.
    XMAS IS COMING...

“So be it. I'll wear my iron and hold my tongue. A man who won't listen can't hear.”

Dont post often but I do read--Iliketobendpages I'm so sorry for what happened to your pup--what kind of dog os she? Dont blame you for going after owners. Someone needs to!!!

Next. Why do people think butter goes with everything??? Day cooked ham with butter and brown sugar--dh knows I HATE BUTTER'!!! Well won't be eating that! Knew I should have done it but was following Teghens closing.
    jmo

[quote=ILikeToBendPages;10375623]MonaLou made it though, surgery and is home. She has three ten inch long incisions and her skin was pulled away from her body? and has two drains from the top of her back to her tummy. Her left eye has blood in the white part and they think it's from blunt force trauma and think it will resolve itself over time.

Neesaki, I was shaking so hard I couldn't get the gun safe open or I would of shot them. I had called DH and he made it from downtown Dallas home under fifteen minutes, called 911 again ( they said they hadn't received any calls. They'd asked my name, address, phone number and said they'd call animal control.) and told them to get the police here are he was going to shoot them. They asked if he had a gun, he said hell yes, get them here or I'll kill them ( told him to stay in the house, and it's illegal to fire a gun in the city limits; he said no you get a police officer now or I'm killing them.) and that they'd notified animal control and we should wait. No police,but animal control showed up and got the dogs as we were leaving for the emergency vet hospital.

The owners will get a citation, and their dogs will be released to them today. Since it was the "first time (that they know of) they'd attacked anyone or thing that is all they can do. We asked about the possibility of them attacking a child or anyone else, and again it was the first time and he'd seen several kids out playing and they didn't attack them. Don't know if anyone was out before they got to us and over the fence by the pasture (it's going to a six foot fence now), but we don't have kids in our neighborhood other than the new family with a two year old and a four month old, and they weren't home.

We have so many pitbulls to the north, south, and west of us; have never been comfortable with that fact, and them telling us that they are good dogs wouldn't hurt a fly, doesn't impress me much.

We're going to call their home owners insurance today and start a lawsuit, and I hope the insurance company tells them to get rid of them or they'll drop their insurance.

Unfortunately, we know the people, not a big fan of them,they let their son terrorize the neighborhood, and their son was a good friend of my nephew thirty years ago.

They live one block over and across the alley, all they had to do was walk five hundred feet, take a left turn and they were two houses down from ours. They went through their fence (a split three rail type) into the pasture and into ours.

When we got to the vet hospital they took Mona back, but told us we'd have to wait and in the mean while they wanted a hundred bucks before they started treatment, and would give us an estimate after the vet checked her over; kinda crappy and crass to us. Every penny of the thousand dollars final bill though. When we gt her home last night she wouldn't go out in the backyard. She took about ten steps looking around and wanted back in. So now my baby has PTSD

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby and hope she recovers quickly. Keep us posted with her recovery!

I took my baby to the vet last week and he did have a broken leg, but is now resting comfortably with a splint. Am so relieved I took him! Weekly visits to the vet for the next 5 weeks for check ups.
    Last edited by daisymae; 03-24-2014 at 07:10 PM.

Happy to hear you took your pup to the vet Daisy.
    Hope he heals up soon too.

Seems like the dogs are having a rough time with our WS group this year
    XMAS IS COMING...

ILikeToBendPages, Glad to hear your MonaLou is home. I do hope her PTSD is temporary, but she has a loving home to help her through. I would definitely sue! What a horribly tragic event to go through. (((( for you! ))))

Daisymae, glad you were able to take your pup to the vet. Hoping his leg heals quickly with no long-lasting effects.

Niner, good luck with your surgery. Hope all goes well and your recovery is speedy. Fingers crossed that this will give you less pain and discomfort, and more movement. Will be thinking of you.
    "At Websleuths we take pride in being a notch above the rest. " Harmony2, WS
    * *. * * *. *. *. *
    Justice for Julia Niswender, murdered 12/10/2012, unsolved
    Justice for Christopher Preston 9/7/2013 - 10/10/2014; LWOP for Joseph Adams
    Chelsea Bruck, missing 10/26/2014, found 4/24/2015 ; Daniel Clay-Guilty Felony Murder/concealing body 5/16/2017
    Find Eric Franks (40) Missing from Bridgeport, MI since March 2011

[quote=daisymae;10375768]
    Quote Originally Posted by ILikeToBendPages View Post
    MonaLou made it though, surgery and is home. She has three ten inch long incisions and her skin was pulled away from her body? and has two drains from the top of her back to her tummy. Her left eye has blood in the white part and they think it's from blunt force trauma and think it will resolve itself over time.

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby and hope she recovers quickly. Keep us posted with her recovery!

I took my baby to the vet last week and he did have a broken leg, but is now resting comfortably with a splint. Am so relieved I took him! Weekly visits to the vet for the next 5 weeks for check ups.

Hubby's been on the phone all day after talking to animal control (the people were there picking up their dogs at the time) and told him that one dog had tags and shots, but the other didn't and they issued eight citations today that are two thousand dollars, or they can go see the judge and see if they can get them reduced. So he spoke with the city manager and the head of animal control, no law to kill them,but we could of yesterday during and after the attack, no matter what the police say. They said that the people told them they we only visiting and the dogs got loose. BS they live there.

Ms, MonaLou was a very miserable girl last night,and us too. It was a very long night. We tried the crate, hoping it would help her rest, but that wasn't going to work. She kept getting her e collar undone, so we tried the bathroom and making her a nest. Nope we both were miserable, so I opened the door and she got on our bed, her favorite place, laid her head on DH and went to sleep. We couldn't sleep well,not wanting to roll over and hurt her. Today she's decided the best place to sleep is in my new chair in the living room.

This issue has been before the Texas Legislature several times,and voted down. I guess it would be different if one of their family had been attacked.

I think all dogs that attack should be chipped if they're not going to kill them, they should have to register the dog, like sex offenders, and post signs at their home or where the dog is, and be required to let their neighborhood know what is living around them.

So I guess we'll see them in court for the medical bills, and we'll be in court when they come before the judge with pictures and witnesses.

All opinions expressed by me on Websleuths are my very own thoughts, not yours, and are to stay on this website

Page 1 of 113 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast