1000 users online (205 members and 795 guests)  

Websleuths News

snowmobilers threatened with gun -video

While this may not seem like a newsworthy story, the fact that it happened in Canada, that LE is considering charges, and that there is video from one of the snowmobilers helmetcams made me decide it was interesting enough to post it.

Warning: there is foul language on the videos at link:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskat...77303?cmp=fbtl

It is obvious at the end that they are headed towards the fenced GATE.

They were CLEARLY tresspassing and that guy had every right to tell them to get off his property! Plus he could have livestock or other animals in the area that were terrorized by the noise.

It is also OBVIOUS that the snow mobilers knew this man. They were intentionally harassing him. If they didn't know him and if they didn't know they were trespassing why they would race up to a guy holding a shotgun and start saying "Really???". Then jump off their snow mobiles and run up to yell in the guys face.

That guy apparently owns a fair bit of remote land. Seems it wouldn't be hard to make two bodies and a couple of snowmobiles disappear out there. The guys that are harassing him had best watch their step.

Very glad I don't live in Canada!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya610 View Post
    It is obvious at the end that they are headed towards the fenced GATE.

They were CLEARLY tresspassing and that guy had every right to tell them to get off his property! Plus he could have livestock or other animals in the area that were terrorized by the noise.

It is also OBVIOUS that the snow mobilers knew this man. They were intentionally harassing him. If they didn't know him and if they didn't know they were trespassing why they would race up to a guy holding a shotgun and start saying "Really???". Then jump off their snow mobiles and run up to yell in the guys face.

That guy apparently owns a fair bit of remote land. Seems it wouldn't be hard to make two bodies and a couple of snowmobiles disappear out there. The guys that are harassing him had best watch their step.

Very glad I don't live in Canada!
    he said they were scaring his alpaca herd and also, he previously had found his cat dead and thought she had been run over by snowmobilers

although I don't advocate carrying guns and threatening tresspassers, I totally empathize with this man as people in the country here have NO respect for whose land they go on - they all want toys like ATVS and snowmobiles even when they don't have the land or the permission to be on the land ... and the law does not favour landowners