846 users online (172 members and 674 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: How Did You Hear About This Case?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • News story

    5 4.85%
  • Mr. AllGood's blogs

    9 8.74%
  • The original thread about Janet in the Crimes in the News Forum here at websleuths

    38 36.89%
  • This New Featured Case Forum: Janet Abaroa, Durham, NC

    16 15.53%
  • Another crime sleuthing website (please post which one)

    2 1.94%
  • You personally know Janet and was searching the web for her

    22 21.36%
  • Other: please post and share!

    11 10.68%

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163

    How Did You Hear About This Case?

    Feel free to post comments on this thread. We are glad everyone is here!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    From Greta after all of you worked so hard to get her to cover the story. Hats off to all of you for that!

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    From Greta after all of you worked so hard to get her to cover the story. Hats off to all of you for that!
    Wow! I didn't realize you didn't come on board until after Greta!

  4. #4
    Jenifred is offline I can feel it coming in the air tonight......
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    America's Dairyland, WI
    Posts
    643
    Janet and Raven went to college with me. I actually heard she was murdered from my sister-in-law, got on the internet to find out anything else, figured something wasn't right, and ended up at Mr. AG's blog and here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    Wow! I didn't realize you didn't come on board until after Greta!
    Yep, I might not have known about this case otherwise as I typically look at missing persons cases when I'm just surfing around.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    Yep, I might not have known about this case otherwise as I typically look at missing persons cases when I'm just surfing around.
    ... I usually have to stay away from the missing person stories, they upset me too much.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,427
    i read about it in the original "crimes in the news" thread.................was intrigued from the very beginning.....still am.......
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    ... I usually have to stay away from the missing person stories, they upset me too much.
    Me too. But at the same time, they seem the most crucial, and the area where the most help can probably be had by talking about things. Murders are more depressing to me. We can talk & talk & talk but Janet will not be coming back. On the missing thread, you occassionally get a happy ending.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    Me too. But at the same time, they seem the most crucial, and the area where the most help can probably be had by talking about things. Murders are more depressing to me. We can talk & talk & talk but Janet will not be coming back. On the missing thread, you occassionally get a happy ending.
    I know what you mean, at the end of the Peterson trial I felt like "OK we won, can Connor & Laci come back now?"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    7,202
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    I know what you mean, at the end of the Peterson trial I felt like "OK we won, can Connor & Laci come back now?"
    Exactly.

    "Be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The North Shore of Boston
    Posts
    602
    Thanks for all the hard work you guys have done. Still making my way through all the posts. Some real digging and sleuthing has been done here. Reminds me of the early days on the Laci forum. so Thank you!! BTW, on the Wilbanks thread (Crimes in the news) I told everybody there to come check this out and help build momentum to raise public awareness. L

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    Quote Originally Posted by lcookster
    Reminds me of the early days on the Laci forum.
    Yep, it reminds me of that too.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    Quote Originally Posted by lcookster
    Thanks for all the hard work you guys have done. Still making my way through all the posts. Some real digging and sleuthing has been done here. Reminds me of the early days on the Laci forum. so Thank you!! BTW, on the Wilbanks thread (Crimes in the news) I told everybody there to come check this out and help build momentum to raise public awareness. L
    Thank you so much! The more we can get the word out, the more we can help bring some much needed attention to this tweeible tragedy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriej
    i read about it in the original "crimes in the news" thread.................was intrigued from the very beginning.....still am.......
    me too!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4
    I heard about the case from family. Hoping they solve it quickly. Thanks for putting this forum together!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Calif. Supreme Court to Hear Ramirez Case (Nightstalker)
    By Jeana (DP) in forum Past Trial Discussion Threads
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 10:18 PM