1148 users online (243 members and 905 guests)  

Websleuths News

Grapefruit smell makes women look younger to men

A Chicago researcher claims the smell of grapefruit will make women appear five years younger than they are to men.

But the reverse is not true in that the aroma of the citrus fruit had no significant effect on how women perceive the age of males,

"That suggests either that men are more easily influenced by a woman's aroma or that women are so adroit at estimating age that nothing will impact on them," said Hirsch.

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breakin...5919-6847r.htm
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

SO glad I live in Florida where Grapefruit is grown

I am going to by a tree!

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    A Chicago researcher claims the smell of grapefruit will make women appear five years younger than they are to men.

But the reverse is not true in that the aroma of the citrus fruit had no significant effect on how women perceive the age of males,

"That suggests either that men are more easily influenced by a woman's aroma or that women are so adroit at estimating age that nothing will impact on them," said Hirsch.

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breakin...5919-6847r.htm
    :: frantically digging out Gloom Away perfume by Origins:::
    Yippeeee

Amy’s entry to Casey on Facebook:"Amy Huizenga (Orlando, FL) wrote
    at 8:18am on May 26th, 2008
    You lost my duct tape! I was excited to have so much left! Thats why I get for giving you my purse… Stupid costume that didn’t work the way it should have…. what a waste of gaff tape…"

Did police ever ask Amy what brand of duct tape???

This is why I wear Marc Jacobs Grapefruit. I figure it's cheaper than a face lift.

Actually, I just squeeze the fruit all over me before I leave the house in the morning. Nobody believes it when I tell them my true age!

Omg, this is too funny. I bought some grapefruit body spray a few months ago. When I put it on both my husband and my son were like "ew, what is that smell". NEVER has my husband disliked a perfume or body spray I've used...until grapefruit.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    This is why I wear Marc Jacobs Grapefruit. I figure it's cheaper than a face lift.
    Damn! If I only knew then what I have just learned today. Perhaps it's not too late for me. Well, for someone else who could trip upon my new fruitfull scent!!!

So, I guess I should say goodbye to CK "One", eh? Does anyone know if it works with apple scent? I have a sack here and I'm wondering if I slice them up and rub the juice all over me if I could find a new Fall friend??? Other than some Fall hornets who love the scent.... I would hate to have a secondary scent be Raid.
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Quote Originally Posted by Jesikah1 View Post
    Actually, I just squeeze the fruit all over me before I leave the house in the morning. Nobody believes it when I tell them my true age!
    Is that all? I bathe in the stuff.

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    Does anyone know exactly how much I need to look 18 again?

Quote Originally Posted by bamabeauty View Post
    Does anyone know exactly how much I need to look 18 again?
    Honestly, I have no clue. But, I was thinking at my "new age phase", I'd probably need a damn orchard to look 30 again!!!! That sucks since I live in New England. Not exactly a grapefruit tree orchard area. That was why I asked about apples. I'm guessing I'd only get the apple cider affect. My luck, it would dry me out even more....
    "I went to the bank and asked to borrow a cup of money. They said, "What for?". I said, "I'm going to buy some sugar".

Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryLife View Post
    Honestly, I have no clue. But, I was thinking at my "new age phase", I'd probably need a damn orchard to look 30 again!!!! That sucks since I live in New England. Not exactly a grapefruit tree orchard area. That was why I asked about apples. I'm guessing I'd only get the apple cider affect. My luck, it would dry me out even more....
    Anything with grapefruit smells like kerosene on me. I have heard that the smell of cinnamon acts as an aphrodiasic to most men.

I carry a bottle of grapefruit essential oil with me for whiffing purposes. It's supposed to curb hunger when you smell it.

I've never worn it as a perfume though. I stick with Patchouli essential oil for that.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesikah1 View Post
    Hahaha!