UK UK - Beckingham, Nottingham, 'Caravan Man' WhtMale, 23-57, Mar'14

zwiebel

Reaction score
Nottinghamshire police have appealed for help in identifying a man found dead in a caravan on a building site off Gringley Rd, Beckingham on March 13th.

The PM was completed March 24th and established the man had been dead more than 6 weeks, was 5'8" to 5'10", slim to medium build and had collar length, dark wavy hair. His ethnicity is unclear.

He was wearing a grey Slazenger T-shirt with a round collar, a blue Umbro tracksuit top and a blue Levi denim jacket. His jeans were blue BugJo's and he wore white Slazenger trainers/sneakers.

'Caravan man' had absolutely nothing else with him (no id/wallet/phone etc) and no distinctive body marks or tattoos. Police obtained fingerprints but there were no hits in the database, so now they are running DNA testing. There were no signs of injury and police don't suspect foul play at this stage.

http://www.nottinghamshire.police.u...an?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Police are asking anyone who might be able to help identify this man to call police on 101 or contact crimestoppers anonymously here:
https://crimestoppers-uk.org/in-your-area/east-midlands/nottinghamshire/

Most of the caravan sites here opened 1st of March and I guess that is the same country wide? Since the police seem to think he went in for shelter maybe the owners have come this month to "open up" for the year and found him.

Police say it was 'a static caravan on a building site', so I'm wondering if it was one of those caravans builders sit in to have their tea? But then, if no-one's been in it for 6 weeks, there can't be much building going on....

I have been reading about so many cases of human slavery/trafficking of men made to work for nothing in England recently, I'm a bit worried about that too.

This man is thought to be no older than 50, by the way.

Police say it was 'a static caravan on a building site', so I'm wondering if it was one of those caravans builders sit in to have their tea? But then, if no-one's been in it for 6 weeks, there can't be much building going on....

I have been reading about so many cases of human slavery/trafficking of men made to work for nothing in England recently, I'm a bit worried about that too.

This man is thought to be no older than 50, by the way.

Ah sorry I totally missed the building site part. It could of been or maybe onsite security caravan?

Just had a look at the road on street view, very nice and expensive area, just off the A161.

He is in the recently added list-

http://www.missingpersons.police.uk/en/case/14-001802

411_14-001802.jpg

Gender Male
Age Range 23 to 57
Ethnicity Dark European
Height (cm) 175cm to 180cm
Build Medium

Date found 13 / 03 / 2014

Estimated Death

Body or remains Body

Circumstances
Male body was found in a caravan in a rural location. He is believed to have died no more than 4 months earlier. He had extensive dental work.

Hair Dark - Collar length
Facial hair
Eye colour Unknown
Clothing
Footwear - Trainers

Jacket - Denim

Jacket - Black - Lightweight jacket worn underneath the denim jacket

Jumper - Top - Blue - 'umbro' tracksuit top

Shirt/blouse - T-shirt - Grey - 'slazenger'

Trousers - Jeans

Why say collar length hair but not show that?

Updated link to his profile.

UK Missing Persons Unit
411.jpg

Gender Male
Age Range 23 - 57
Ethnicity Dark European
Height 175cm - 180cm (5 Ft 8 Ins - 5 Ft 10 Ins)
Build Medium
Hair Dark - Collar Length
Eye Colour Unknown

Date Found 13 March 2014
Body Or Remains Body

Circumstances - Male Body Was Found In A Caravan In A Rural Location. He Is Believed To Have Died No More Than 4 Months Earlier. He Had Extensive Dental Work.

Clothing
Footwear - Trainers - Unknown - Unknown
Jacket - Denim - Unknown - Unknown
Jacket - Unknown - Black - Unknown - Lightweight Jacket Worn Underneath The Denim Jacket
Jumper - Top - Blue - Unknown - 'Umbro' Tracksuit Top
Shirt/Blouse - T-Shirt - Grey - Unknown - 'Slazenger'
Trousers - Jeans - Unknown - Unknown

Seems there's a bit of discrepancy regarding PMI. moo
  • ...the man had been dead more than 6 weeks, (from OP)
  • He is believed to have died no more than 4 months earlier. (from UK Missing Persons Unit profile)
  • The man's body was an advanced state of decomposition and police believe it had been there for longer than six months. (from 2018 article:
    Dead body discovery still has detectives scratching their heads
    )

Ethnicity Dark European

He Had Extensive Dental Work.

A slavery / trafficking victim is a possibility. Given the stated darker, but European complection, Kosovo, Albania, the Balkans, Romania, Moldovia etc. are all possibilities. Likewise, a smaller number of Slavic eastern Europeans can also have 'mediterranean' skin tones.

At the same time, the individual had extensive dental work. This would seem to detract from the exploited laborer possibility and could indicate a wealthier individual.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back