TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 TIMELINE/MEDIA ONLY NO DISCUSSION

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Let's get a media thread going for Brandon.

Salem

Blog talk radio interview: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/newcolony/2014/01/28/monday-with-orion

Transcript of BlogTalk Radio interview with Brandon Lawson's wife, Part 1
January 27, 2014

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/newcolony/2014/01/28/monday-with-orion

Key to Participants:

H: Host
LL: Brandon's wife
Caller: A call-in guest

(Any unexplained snips are just extraneous wordy bits; you're not missing any vital info, I promise.)

H: Tonight's topic is Brandon Lawson. Let's go ahead and bring L on while I give just a brief interview here. L, are you there?

LL: Yes, I am.

H: <snip> On the phone with us now, as you heard, is LL. That is the wife of Brandon Lawson that went missing near Bronte, Texas. And it was quite sudden, and a lot of serious details surrounding this. Would you like to give just like a quick brief overview on what happened, L?

LL: Yeah. Brandon went missing August 9, 2013. We got in an argument, he left our house, and he ran out of gas. And he called his brother and said he ran out of gas and, when he went there, Brandon wasn't at the truck and the cop, Deputy N, pulled up at the same time. We didn't know at the time that Brandon called 911, but Brandon did call 911 at 12:53, then he called his brother at 12:38, and then they arrived at 1:10, the cop and his brother did, and Brandon wasn't there. It's been, on Friday it'll be six months. We still don't have one clue of where Brandon is or what happened, but we do have his 911 call saying that someone was after him, chasing him. And that's about it. That's all of the clues we have, and that Brandon was in the middle of a field. But, besides that, we don't have any clue or any suspicions where Brandon's at. That's all I have.

H: All right. And just so our listeners know, we did spend quite an amount of time on the phone last night, discussing everything, trying to come up with as many ideas as we could, and basically going over everything that we were going to talk about tonight. To lead off everything so everyone will know the sequence of events, I'm going to give a little timeline. <snip/utter confusion> But at 11:53, Brandon left his house in San Angelo, Texas. And at 12:38, he called his brother K, saying that he had run out of gas, and (unintelligible) some gas, whatever. And that was at 12:38. And at 12:54, that there was a 911 call placed by Brandon saying that somebody was running after him and, on the 911 call, you said it did sound like he was running?

LL: Yeah, you could tell he was running. He was just out of, the way he was talking on the phone and you could hear it. In the Texas weather in August, there wasn't really any wind, so you could kind of hear Brandon running and he was a little bit out of breath

H: Oh, okay. And my producer did just ask me to clarify that he left the house at 11:53pm, at night. And at 12:38, 38 minutes past midnight is when he called his brother K, and six minutes till 1am is when he call 911. And you said that they both arrived at 1:10am or 1:19am?

LL: 1:10. 1:10.

H: <snip> They both arrived at the truck at 1:10am and Brandon was nowhere to be found.

LL: No. Brandon's truck, the front of it was over the white line. The front of it was in the highway, a little bit on the road, and then Brandon's doors were not locked. And also, there was a second 911 call. The only thing that I'm not sure about is I don't know if Brandon called 911 first or if the truck driver did. But I'm pretty positive Brandon called 911 first, and then the truck driver called afterwards because he almost hit Brandon's truck because it was parked on the highway, and on 277 you can go pretty fast there, like 75 miles an hour. So he called 911 telling them that he almost hit a vehicle.

H: Okay. And that truck driver didn't seem like he (unintelligible).

LL: Yeah, I don't know who the truck driver is. I haven talked to him. I don't know his name. The cops talked to him.

H: Oh, okay, so the cops did make contact with him?

LL: Yeah, they told me that they, when I talked to WM, he told me he did.

H: Okay. And once again, to reiterate, the reason why he was out that late was because that there was an argument at the house. <snip>

LL: Yeah, we had an argument. Brandon was about to start a new job. We have three children, but there are four altogether. I have a stepdaughter. I was working at the time, so there was a little stress.

H: Oh, yeah.

LL: I guess, what couple don't have arguments? I think everybody does. We've been together ten years, so who doesn't have arguments?

H: If you don't have arguments, something's wrong.

LL: Yeah, definitely.

H: But after the police and K arrived at the truck at 1:10 am, there was another phone call from Brandon to K at 1:19. Can you describe the nature of that phone call?

LL: Yeah, see, K talked to Brandon a couple of times back and forth, but Brandon's call was in and out a little bit because of service, but Brandon stated that he was in a field and that he was bleeding, and then it just cut off. A, my brother-in-law's girlfriend, texted Brandon and said, "Hey, bro, the cops are at your truck" because, yes, my husband does have a warrant out for his arrest. But it was from two years ago. He's not running from the warrant. We lived in the same place for a year, Brandon had the same job for 13 months, and we even didn't know about the warrant until probably a few months ago, before this happened. We knew because we purchased a truck and Brandon was changing the title over and they said, "Mr. Lawson, are you aware you have a warrant?" and he said, "No, I didn't." And he called a bail bondsman and told him he had a warrant. At the time, Brandon was just working and saving money and then he would have, we already had a lawyer that we wanted and we were just going to do a little walk-through, and then Brandon was going to face that. Brandon wasn't running from the warrant, so I would like to get that cleared up.

H: Okay, all right. And that's just about as fair as you can get right there.

LL: Yeah.

H: But there weren't a lot of details released to you, that phone call to K because of the very poor reception?

LL: Yeah. Well, they said that they thought Brandon was running, and that he stated that he was bleeding and he was in the field. So I, that was Brandon's last phone call. They didn't know Brandon called 911, we didn't know Brandon called 911 until Tuesday, when Brandon went missing on Friday, so we didn't know.

H: Okay. Did the police ever say why they didn't tell you that he had called 911?

LL: Yeah, they said that a stranded motorist did call 911. The 911 calls go through a nursing home. Coke County has two towns. One is Bronte, Texas, and the other one is Robert Lee, Texas. Coke County is a small county. There's only five, I guess a sheriff's department, there's a sheriff and a sheriff's deputy and three other deputies. There's only five officers that work in that county. Robert Lee Nursing Home, or I'm not sure of that name, but the 911 calls go through them. So maybe it wasn't a good, they didn't communicate good with each other. That's how I feel.

H: Okay, and just so I can clarify, when you say it goes through a nursing home, I'm sure that it isn't just a night nurse sitting at the nursing station just taking the 911 calls in their spare time. I'm sure that they have a trained 911 operator there in the facility. Is that correct, that you know of?

LL: Yeah, I really don't know. I think the nurses take them. Hopefully after all this, that they'll, I don't know who pays for them, but the state or somebody needs to pay for them to have a better service on 911 calls. I'm not sure if a nurse does. I don't think an operator, the operator for the nursing home probably doesn't want to take them. I don't know. But I think it does need to be a lot better system because you never know what's going to happen.

H: No. <snip> And to reiterate, from the time he left the house to the time of the first call to K, which was at 12:38, was a period of about 40-some-odd minutes.

H: And from the location of his home to Bronte, Texas, to where the car was, it was what? You said 37 miles, is that right?

LL: Probably about 35. It doesn't matter with what the speed limit is.

H: Okay, and I just want to point that out, that there wasn't really any missing time. He basically had time to leave the house, get there, call K.

LL: Yeah, but we don't know what happened from 12:38 all the way to 1:10.

H: Right.

LL: I mean, that's a long time that something could happen, or let's say somebody was after Brandon, I don't know. I really don't know what happened. I think through this, you just think of all kinds of things like, you just don't know. It's the hardest thing I've ever been through, just not knowing. I mean, it's devastating. You don't know what to do anymore. Sometimes I just can't believe that this has happened. I guess you watch stuff on TV and listen to radio stations and you look at the person and you hear something really devastating or bad and you listen to it for a minute and a lot of people just go on. But this, it's me. Now it happened to me. So now, when I see other stuff, I try to share it as much as I can or care more, because you never know what's going to happen in life.

H: And that's a real sobering reality, and I think you hit the nail on the head on that one. That when you see these things, it's always someone else.

LL: Now it's me.

H: And now that someone else is you yourself.

H: And you tend to look at everything else, other people in that situation. It's no longer it's happening to somebody else. It's what happened to me is happening to more people.

LL: Yeah, it definitely is. The state of Texas has, actually they say in the whole world, every 20 seconds a person goes missing. So that's just pretty devastating, just thinking about that.

H: <snip> Let's go on with the timeline for a little bit. On that call at 1:19 where he was bleeding and he was out, the phone call was coming in and out and he was out in this field somewhere. Last night you said there was a ping that was about 4 miles away from where the vehicle was.

LL: Yeah, it was about 4 1/4 of a mile. It was pings at the Colorado River, but my private investigator, her name is BP, and she is awesome. She is just, God couldn't have gave me a better PI, a caring PI that's just been here for me and my family and my children, and she's cried with me during this, and it's hard to find people like that, but she cares about people. And she was able to do research and we absolutely got what the Rangers were working on, but we got a better ping of Brandon's area because the last ping was two to three miles off and B was able to pull some strings and do different things and was able to find out that we could get a closer ping. And we thought the records was not with us no more. The records, because so long, they don't keep up with the pings if it's been so long. But I'm looking forward to knowing that and maybe we will have a bit more indication of where Brandon is, because I don't think it'll be a lot of fee. I'm not sure.

H: All right. And was that area down there by the Colorado River where they had indication where he was, was that area searched at all?

LL: Yeah. Let's see, when this first happened, the Texas Rangers and WM, they did a helicopter search around all that area on that Tuesday. Also, they waited 21 days and did another search, and they didn't find anything around the truck. And then TEXSAR came in about, I'm trying to think when they came in. I want to say they came in in October. Yeah, October they came in sometime, TEXSAR did with some cadaver dogs and they searched that area and they searched around the truck. I'm not for sure, it's on the Help Find Brandon Lawson page, how far that they searched but they said that they did have them around the area that Brandon pinged. But that ping, they say it would have been off two or three miles at the most. But the other ping would be more accurate than this, because this one's not very accurate. Because I don't think Brandon could have made in the rough terrain out there 4 1/4 of a mile because when you're out there it's dark. It's pitch black. It's rough out there.

LL: It's hunting land. It's really rough.

H: And I think that's something we may have skipped over right quick, was that this is an extremely rural area of Texas.

H: The area he went in is basically nothing but wildlife.

LL: Yeah, it's deer hunting. There's a lot of wild hogs out there. There's rattlesnakes. And, you know, in the Texas weather, it's hot. And the rattlesnakes are not rattling because of the wild hogs. There's been a lot of rattlesnake bites out there in the past and stuff, so you've got to be real careful. When it's hot, they're out more.

H: Okay, and when the police were there, was there any type of investigation done that night?

LL: Not really. They just, when I called, my phone was in my van charging, because I told K that I was going to put the gas cans outside the porch, because I was, it was my son that was sick for two days. He had a double ear infection at the time. Well, I told K, go give your brother gas and tell him to come home, or let him cool off at your house, because my brother-in-law was the only one that, any family we had in San Angelo. Well, I went to sleep and then I woke up at 4:30 and I kind of was having a bad dream, panicking, and when I woke up, I went and looked at my phone, and I had three missed calls from Brandon and I had like ten from K and I had a text message that they were going to tow the truck, and they couldn't find Brandon. Well, I got scared and I called Brandon many a time and it went straight to voice mail. I could not get ahold of him. I called K and, when I told K, K was kind of panicking, and he couldn't find Brandon. He didn't know where he was at. The cop was there at the time. He didn't know where Brandon was at. He thought once the cop left, Brandon would come out. We still never knew Brandon called 911, or it would have been a whole different situation.

H: But the situation you were in at the time, at that time, especially when K first arrived at the truck with the police, at that time there was really no suspicion that anything had happened.

LL: No, just the way Brandon's truck was parked was weird because, even though you run out of gas, you can still pull your vehicle all the way on the side of the road, or push it. You know what I mean?

H: Right. And when they did that search, especially when they had the cadaver dogs out there, I missed it. Did you say they were or were not able to (unintelligible) out there? Because, if he was bleeding, there is some kind of blood trail somewhere.

LL: No, the cadaver dogs didn't pick up anything. But I believe LM, the sheriff's wife, she owns the Observer-Enterprise, and she informed me that they did pick up some hog scent. I guess because the hogs' blood out there is real strong. I'm not sure, but she informed me of that.

H: Okay, that they picked up on hog scent but they didn't pick up on anything on Brandon at that time, or when the cadaver dogs were there?

LL: Yeah, they didn't pick up anything with Brandon. But I believe that the whole time we have been searching the wrong area. We're not searching the right area. We keep on focusing on by the truck. We don't need to focus on the truck. We need to focus on Brandon's, the accurate last ping and do a five-mile radius around that.

LL: It's hard to search out there but, I mean, if everybody would cooperate and just let, if we all had at least 150 people, if he's out there we could find him. I believe in my heart Brandon's out there because if not, we would have more calls to CrimeStoppers. There's four kids involved in this situation. It's not just me. I have a one-year-old, a two-year-old, and a seven-year-old, and Brandon's all the father of those children. M, my stepdaughter, she's ten. There's four kids waiting for their dad, you know, to no answers, and I think as a parents, I think this is the hardest thing I've ever been through, just coming up with answers for them because I don't know what to tell them sometimes. It's very hard. It's very difficult.

H: I can only imagine some of those moments there at the house, when they're asking questions about their father and there's really not a lot you can tell them, besides y'all are trying to find him, y'all are trying to bring him home so that he can be there for them.

LL: Yeah, I tell my daughter stuff, like I'm pretty trustworthy and tell her. I don't want to lie to D through the situation but I don't want to hurt her at the same time, because she is older, and M is too, but D lives with me and it's really hard. They have high hopes that Brandon's alive and I just feel like, when we do find him, I'm going to be devastated myself. I'm already devastated, but I have to be strong for my children, and telling them is going to be probably the hardest moments of my life if Brandon's not alive, but I know Brandon's actions as a person. He would never do this to his family. You know, what if Brandon was captured somewhere? But, I don't know. He would never do this. I mean, he's missed our son's first birthday, our other son's second birthday. He's missed Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, all kinds of things. I mean, I know Brandon. Brandon's my best friend, besides he's my soulmate. I've been with him since I was fifteen and he was sixteen. We're high school sweethearts, like inseparable. We were each other's best friends, like this would never happen. You know what I mean? Like there is no way anything would keep him away from us, or telling me anything, you know?

H: Right. If he would've left on his own or something to that effect, he would've let you know.

H: You know, that he left. He wouldn't have put you through...

LL: Oh, no, uh-uh. And my in-laws, I'm really close to them. They're like my parents and they have been just real supportive and they've been helping me with the kids and helping a lot, and my family and my friends have been here for me and a lot of people from Facebook, or the Help Find Brandon Lawson page, and through this I've made a lot of good friends and just people that have supported me and donated. And I've had some bad things, with people saying mean things to me or messaging me, but you know what? Sometimes I want to fight back but I don't, because I'm better than them. I'm not going to do that. It's not going to help find Brandon. It's not going to help my children. At the end of the day, I still have to be strong and look for him.

And here is part 2:

Transcript of BlogTalk Radio interview with Brandon Lawson's wife, Part 2
January 27, 2014

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/newcolony/2014/01/28/monday-with-orion

Key to Participants:

H: Host
LL: Brandon's wife
Caller: A call-in guest

(Any unexplained snips are just extraneous wordy bits; you're not missing any vital info, I promise.)

H: Now, I was trying to think of a way to phrase this question. I was going to ask, were there any other instances where y'all may have got in a fight and left the house for a little bit, but let me rephrase that. Being with someone for an extended amount of time, things like that happen sometimes. When it had happened before, what's the longest he'd stayed away?

LL: Never. I mean like 30 minutes or an hour. I mean, we usually didn't like leave. When we got in a fight, we learned to deal with things.

H: It'd be a little thing where he'd leave the house, get out there and he'd say, I need to get back in there so we can work it out. It's never been an amount of time (unintelligible).

LL: No, hm-mm. Me and Brandon separated a couple of times in our relationship, but other than when we were way younger. We grew up together, but it wasn't for long periods of time. We grew up together. We were fifteen and sixteen when we met. I mean, we grew up together. Ten years. We definitely grew up and, you know, grown to be stronger at the end than the beginning. We worked together through everything, and we were teen parents also. I had my daughter when I was eighteen, and I was pregnant when I was seventeen, and that's very hard but we got through it and we were stronger than ever at the end. I just don't understand why this has happened. I just don't.

H: And I can understand that. <snip intermission> We do have someone that did have some questions. L, are you there?

Caller: Yes, I am.

H: Okay, L, this is L and she's, are you a private investigator, or what are you? I'm sorry.

Caller: No, I'm not a private investigator. I do have a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice. I do have my crime scene tech certificate and I have worked with law enforcement from a forensic standpoint, so listening to everything that's going on, L, my criminal justice mind is going a million miles an hour.

LL: Yeah, most people I talk to, that's how it feels like. What is going on? I don't know. I really don't know. I believe the county Brandon went missing in, unfortunately, is a small county and they don't have a lot of money and a lot of those cops are not paid like they, you know, they're underpaid. So I really don't know what's going on, but we do have a Texas Ranger involved, and the only reason why he's involved is because the sheriff asked him to because they're so small and they don't have the resource that the Ranger has. But Brandon, unfortunately, they said there's no foul play. I don't think it should be a matter of there's foul play or not. I mean, you call 911 and you ask for help, if there's foul play involved or not, every missing person, they need to be found. If they're missing for six months and they haven't touched their money in the bank, something's not right. I think if it was a woman...

Caller: Now, L, have you and family and neighbors and friends come together to go out to the area and do your own search?

LL: Yes, I did at first. The landowners were letting me search. Let's see, on that Friday when Brandon went missing, me and his brother searched all day that day, and we had some other friends come and help us. We didn't have much friends down there because we didn't really know anybody. Brandon and K, they worked in the oilfields. They worked 75, 80 hours a week. They didn't have time to meet friends. They were working. We did a search, when the family came down Saturday night, we did a search and we had about twelve to fourteen people and then, on that Sunday, I also took a plane that night and I flew and I paid for it to try to see if I could see buzzards or anything. But I didn't see anything, but you can't get real low in a plane also.

Caller: Now, when you guys went out there and did your own searches on the ground, how many people did you have with you?

LL: Twelve to fourteen.

H: Okay. So about how far apart were you guys from each other?

LL: Well, we all broke into two so we could search the area more. Some of us went on the other side of the truck and some of us went on the the other side of the truck. You know, both ways, the north and the south side so both of us went, two of us. And then, at the end, we saw some buzzards and we saw about ten of them and it was pretty far out. It was like a mile, I want to say about like a mile, almost a mile out there, and we were able to get there and there was more buzzards but it was just a dead raccoon, and six of us was out there looking in that area.

Caller: Now, surrounding the truck, that area, is there fields and wooded areas on both sides of the road?

LL: Yeah, it's 30 miles of straight land. Where Brandon went missing, it's 30 miles straight land until you get into Bronte. So it's a lot of land. There's nothing out there.

Caller: And were they able to actually locate his cell phone, or just got a ping?

LL: Just a ping. No, they wasn't able to get his cell phone.

Caller: Okay, is some of the problems associated with possibly finding his phone the fact that it may not be on or the battery is dead?

LL: Yeah, it went dead that night. The last ping that Brandon had was at 1:19 in the morning, but my brother-in-law, K, he said that Brandon's phone was on until 3:30 in the morning because he was calling it and it kept on ringing and ringing and ringing and ringing. Brandon's phone, because I knew, because when he was on location in the oilfield, I couldn't get ahold of him sometimes because he didn't have no service. So it goes to 41 seconds and then it will go to voicemail, and so he didn't have no service but his phone was on until 3:30 in the morning. That's why I feel like Brandon's out there because, if not, if Brandon would've got service anywhere on that highway or got a ride or somebody picked him up, there would have been some kind of service. You know what I mean?

Caller: Well, yeah, and he was able to have some service to be able to call his brother and 911 to begin with.

LL: Yeah, but when you get out there in those fields, I have the same phone company and I went out there in the fields when I searched and took my phone so far and then I saw it out of service. I didn't have any service, so far. I was just trying to see when the service stopped.

H: That was a good idea. Now, a question that I did ask you, that I may have a follow-up with it or L may, is that it was obvious that he did not go or walk along the side of the road.

LL: I don't know if he could've walked on the side of the road when he first ran out of gas and then went out in the field. I really don't know.

H: Okay, so he may not have entered the field right where the truck was?

LL: No. I think Brandon, you know, Brandon stated on his 911 call that he was in the middle of the field, so Brandon was somewhere in the field. He wasn't on the side of the highway. Because when the cop came, he didn't see Brandon and then when K came, he never saw anybody walking, so both of them came from the opposite directions.

H: Oh, I didn't realize that. So the officer came from one way and K came from the other way, and neither one of them saw him.

LL: No, they did not.

H: Okay, I didn't realize that for some reason. I had the image of K pulling up or an officer pulling up, and the other person pulling up behind him. Now, when we spoke last night, you said that there was a store four and half miles away, or approximately four miles away from where Brandon's truck was, correct?

LL: Yes. Yes, sir.

H: Okay, and would he have passed that store to where he was at or was he still yet to get to that store? Do you see what I'm saying?

LL: No. Yeah, well, because if you leave from San Angelo, you have to go into Bronte to get gas. See, San Angelo and Bronte are about, if you go into town, it's about, I don't know, 37, 38 miles all the way, how fast you go. And if you leave San Angelo and don't get gas in the middle, you pretty much have to get gas in Bronte.

H: All right, so he had not yet made it to Bronte?

LL: No, he was in Bronte. You know, it's Bronte but he didn't make it to the town.

H: Oh, yeah, he didn't make it to where the services were?

LL: Yeah. Yes.

H: And L, did you have anything to follow that one up with?

Caller: <snip> I want to go back to the 911 call a little bit, L, that they told you about. Did they tell you that someone was chasing Brandon?

LL: The cops, or when I listened to it?

Caller: When you listened to it and the cops, did they tell you or did you hear that someone was chasing him?

LL: I heard it on the 911 call. The Ranger kind of told me a little bit but the sheriff, he said it was in and out. So it is a little bit in and out, but I could hear Brandon. Like some of the words I don't, some of the things you don't understand, but you understand mostly all of it.

Caller: Okay, so some of the things that you can remember Brandon saying were what?

LL: Just that somebody was after him and that he needed help and he needed a cop, and he said he was talking to them and then he ran into them. He never said that he hit somebody or somebody hit him. I don't know what Brandon meant by that but, then he said he was in the middle of the field, and then at the end she was like, is anybody hurt? She goes, do you need an ambulance? He said yes, and then he said no, I need a cop. So he said yes and he said no, so I really don't know what Brandon meant. I think about it all the time. For me it's emotional. I'm not going to want to say somebody hurt Brandon but, now that it's been this long, do we know that somebody hurt Brandon? We don't know. I don't know what to think sometimes.

Caller: <snip> Had Brandon or you been drinking at all that night?

LL: No, uh-uh.

Caller: Okay. Because I know that can be a factor and I just wanted to clear that part up too, in case there was any question.

LL: Brandon does have a, Brandon's been to prison a couple of times but they were like, not really big charges but when he was younger. It took Brandon a little bit to grow up but he was a good person. He would do anything for anybody and he was a good dad and he worked hard for his kids and for me and to support us. We were fortunate enough that I got to stay at home for a little bit with the kids and he worked and made all the money. I mean, he was good to us. He would do anything for his family, so I don't understand why this has happened, you know?

Caller: Right. <snip> Now you said that they have brought a Texas Ranger in that is now helping with this investigation. What are his thoughts and what are his plans to help further this investigation?

LL: Well, I know the sheriff and him are like both on the same, you know, side to side, but they're half and half. Half of them think Brandon's alive and half of them think he's not, so they don't know, because there's just no clue. It's just like Brandon vanished without a trace. I know the Texas Ranger did get CrimeStoppers to take the case, I think after five weeks, I'm pretty sure. No, it was seven weeks, CrimeStoppers took the case. They still haven't got but a couple of CrimeStoppers calls and it was just saying someone looked like Brandon, and I saw the pictures on one of the guys and it looked like Brandon, his features but it wasn't Brandon. We're from a small community. We went to high school in Joshua, a little country town. If somebody, if Brandon was out there, we would've got lots of CrimeStoppers or just something to go on, leads. Somebody out there knows something, but we haven't got none of that and it's been almost six months. There hasn't been one break on anything, so that's why I feel like Brandon's out there.

Caller: <snip> The cops that showed up, did they show up because of the truck driver calling in about Brandon's truck, or were they showing up because Brandon had called 911?

LL: What they told me is that a stranded motorist called 911. They really didn't give us details of what there was. I'm trying to remember everything and I pretty much do but, when this first happened, it was such a daze, I didn't even know. It was a lot, and such a daze but no, they just said the 911 call was from a stranded motorist and that night, when I called, they just said there was a 911 call that (unintelligible). Because I called at 4:30 in the morning and I talked to the dispatcher, and she just said that Deputy Sheriff BN, he turned on the hazard lights, the blinkers, and he locked the truck. He just said that a stranded motorist called 911. He never said that Brandon called 911. I didn't know he called 911 until we looked at the phone records (unintelligible) on that Tuesday.

H: <snip> One thing I kept focusing on during the 911 call was where Brandon had said that "I was talking to them and I ran into them." Obviously, "them" was meaning somebody specific, but either the 911 call faded out or the signal faded out when he was trying to say who "them" was, or something where he wasn't able to relay that information, because that would've been one great lead right there. When I heard her say that, my mind went back and I started thinking of different crimes I have heard of, and one of those being is somebody that appeared to be stranded on the side of the road, so a good Samaritan would pull over to help them. Well, when they would pull over to help, they would be ambushed. Would you know of anything that could be looked at to determine what kind of crime rate for that kind of crime was for in that area? Do you see what I'm asking?

LL: Yeah, the Ranger, he told me that he checked every, you know, to see if there was any calls out there or state troopers or anything, and there was no one out there. I don't know if anybody was broken down, but Brandon was really nice. I think what worries me the most is, if Brandon ran out of gas and he asked someone for help, because Brandon was real nice. Brandon didn't know a stranger. He was just an outgoing person, and he would also help anybody. He would give the shirt off his back to anybody but, I mean, he could've asked for help and something could've happened to Brandon. I don't know. Or Brandon could've been scared running and he could've got bit by a snake or he could've hit his head or fell in the brush or something bad like that. I really don't know.

Caller: What kind of traffic flow is through that area where Brandon broke down?

LL: It's a lot of 18-wheelers mostly. I mean, it's a lot of traffic but the oilfield is down there, so it's oilfield traffic too and also a lot of 18-wheelers, because that Route 77 goes through San Angelo, and then you go through a lot, you know what I mean? And San Angelo's about two and a half hours away from the border, too, of Mexico.

Caller: From your house to where he broke down, am I understanding correctly? It was roughly 30-some miles?

LL: Yeah, it's 35 miles. See, when Brandon first went missing, that Friday I stayed in the Country Inn, in the hotel there. They only have one and I stayed in there the whole weekend because going back and forth was too hard. It was too much. That's an hour and ten minutes both ways, so I just stayed there because I was searching non-stop, calling his name, you know, trying to find him.

Caller: When he left upset and mad, did he say where he was going? Or did he just say, I'm leaving?

LL: Yeah, he was leaving. I called him and I said, well, just cool off and then go home or go to your brother's and then, you know, I talked to him for a little bit and then it hung up, but we were kind of mad at each other but his last words are I think the hardest things I've ever had to deal with, because in a second someone could just not be in your life, so everything that you say to someone, you don't want to ever have regrets and I have a lot. I didn't tell Brandon I loved him or that I was sorry or anything, but I knew at the end of the day, Brandon knew how much I loved him and he loved me a lot.

<snip>

Caller: I'm just really baffled and like I said, I understand, L, that y'all are really out there in the middle of nowhere. I lived in Rock Springs, Texas, for a little over a year, so I understand what remote is.

LL: Actually, I live in the Fort Worth area now. I had to move back because I had no family down there, and then my parents and my in-laws, they wanted to help me with the kids and wanted me to move back down here. I didn't want to move because I've got Brandon missing down there, but I had to do what was the best for the children, to get more help, because it is hard raising a one-year-old and a two-year-old and a seven-year-old on my own, and they help me out. They help me out and they want to, through this, so I don't have to be alone through this.

<snip>

LL: I think the sheriff is working with a search team about doing another search. I don't know when, but I really don't know what's going on. I call, but the sheriff and the Ranger said if they have, you know, pinpoint new evidence where they need to search or some kind of clue, then they'll search. I'm pretty sure the ping is going to be of evidence that maybe they didn't search that area. <snip> To me, I think there should be more done, because I feel like there is foul play involved, or even if there's not foul play involved, he needed help.

<the end>

Over a Year Later, Family Continues Search For Missing Brandon Lawson

The 27-year-old was last seen by his family when he left his San Angelo home on August 8, 2013. Shortly after leaving the home, he made a 9-1-1 call asking for help. On the call, he tells dispatch that he ran out of gas in a field going toward Abilene. He asks for police assistance before the call gets cut off.

http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/s...-search-for-miss/17736/OiE4CaoAPki4xwOOlKO-ww

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back