GUILTY MI - Arthur Rathburn charged w/ dealing in diseased body parts, Warren, March 2014

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Human skull found in Warren trash

Posted: 03/26/14, 8:04 PM EDT |

A human skull was found in an apartment complex trash container in southwest Warren on Wednesday, according to a television news report.

A woman searching for recyclables at the Warren Manor Apartments on Dequindre Road near Eight Mile Road made the gruesome discovery, WXYZ-TV (Channel 7) reported...

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20140326/human-skull-found-in-warren-trash

Human skull found inside Warren dumpster

By: Andy Choi

Posted: 7:02 PM, Mar 26, 2014 Updated: 7:10 PM, Mar 26, 2014

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - “You just see the people going in the dumpsters," said Warren Manor Apartment tenant Lisa Latham, "Getting pop bottles and cans and stuff.”

Latham will tell you dumpster diving around her Warren apartment complex is pretty common. But one woman picking the garbage Tuesday morning didn’t find trash, but a reason to dial 911.

“I’m inside the Manor Apartments." said the 911 caller, "And found a human skull in the garbage. In the dumpster!” ...

http://www.wxyz.com/news/human-skull-found-inside-warren-dumpster

They found a doctor's ID with the skull? In Michigan? It didn't say Dr Teleka Patrick did it?

Human skull found in Warren trash

Posted: 03/26/14, 8:04 PM EDT |

A human skull was found in an apartment complex trash container in southwest Warren on Wednesday, according to a television news report.

A woman searching for recyclables at the Warren Manor Apartments on Dequindre Road near Eight Mile Road made the gruesome discovery, WXYZ-TV (Channel 7) reported...

http://www.macombdaily.com/general-news/20140326/human-skull-found-in-warren-trash

Human skull found inside Warren dumpster

By: Andy Choi

Posted: 7:02 PM, Mar 26, 2014 Updated: 7:10 PM, Mar 26, 2014

WARREN, Mich. (WXYZ) - “You just see the people going in the dumpsters," said Warren Manor Apartment tenant Lisa Latham, "Getting pop bottles and cans and stuff.”

Latham will tell you dumpster diving around her Warren apartment complex is pretty common. But one woman picking the garbage Tuesday morning didn’t find trash, but a reason to dial 911.

“I’m inside the Manor Apartments." said the 911 caller, "And found a human skull in the garbage. In the dumpster!” ...

http://www.wxyz.com/news/human-skull-found-inside-warren-dumpster

They found a doctor's ID with the skull? In Michigan? It didn't say Dr Teleka Patrick did it?

“It looks like a human skull." said Warren Police Commissioner Jere Green, "It’s recovered, along with a lab coat, some ID for a doctor. You know there’s probably not prints. We might get DNA, but there are no witnesses.”

“Somebody either hiding something or hiding for a long time and wanted to get rid of it." said Latham's son Jamie Latham, "And around this season, this is the perfect time because no one’s really outside.”

So the doctor's ID had no name or he/she wasn't telling it.

Skull Found In Warren Apartment Complex Dumpster

March 27, 2014 12:27 PM

WARREN (WWJ) - Police in Warren are investigating after a human skull was found in a dumpster.

A female tenant at the Warren Manor Apartment complex on Dequindre near 8 Mile Road was searching for returnable cans when she made the grisly discovery.

Police Commissioner Jere Green told WWJ Newsradio 950′s Chrystal Knight that, along with the skull, a doctor’s lab coat .and I.D. tag, and some paperwork from a local hospital was found...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/03/27/skull-found-in-warren-apartment-complex-dumpster/

If it was a murder, I could see someone stealing such items and tossing them in the trash with the body. But...if the dumpster is picked up on a regular basis...someone had to keep the remains and toss them recently which is unusual. Most murderers want to distance themselves immediately from the victim.

Another thought could be it is a cadaver body from a teaching hospital or something and an intern just quit taking the cadaver with him/her.

Do "training materials" include bringing home a skull? Wouldn't they know if it was fake, or do they always use cadavers for training?

this. Why is no one else (not here but in general) picking up on this? WTH?

I wouldn't have known about the skull being found if I hadn't heard about it on the radio (WWJ) while folding laundry. Nothing in The Detroit News or on WDIV that I check daily.

I was dreading I'd got the wrong end of the stick and it was going to turn out to be a Michigan in Alabama or something. I'm surprised no journalist seems to have asked any questions in regard to Teleka. It's worrying, really.

I was dreading I'd got the wrong end of the stick and it was going to turn out to be a Michigan in Alabama or something. I'm surprised no journalist seems to have asked any questions in regard to Teleka. It's worrying, really.

the ID must have a name on it and it either is not Teleka...

Or it is.

know what I mean?

I am ssuming the former as we can't be the only ones freaked by this coincidence.

the ID must have a name on it and it either is not Teleka...

Or it is.

know what I mean?

I am ssuming the former as we can't be the only ones freaked by this coincidence.

From the CBS report above: "...Police Commissioner Jere Green told WWJ Newsradio 950′s Chrystal Knight that, along with the skull, a doctor’s lab coat and I.D. tag, and some paperwork from a local hospital was found..."

The hospital in Kalamazoo where Teleka was a resident wouldn't be "local" to Warren, MI.

I don't know why they're not releasing the nametag information - maybe investigating the individual. According to reports, DNA tests on the skull will take at least 30 days.

thanks BDE. Still an odd coincidence. And perhaps very sad for a family somewhere? Thanks for the updates.

When I read the "local hospital" comments, I didn't think this was related to Teleka. I did wonder why none of the reports brought her name up. In that part of MI, do they not know about her? That's a horrible thought.

The ID could be just a key badge or something. What I mean is, they may not have a name until the hospital matches up who it was assigned to. A lot of people don't understand that those magnetic cards identify you and are assigned to specific people and areas. In my current job (non-medical), the powers that be have to remind people at least once a year that if you loan your card to someone, swipe records show YOU went to x, y, and z. For some reason, a lot of people have a hard time grasping that, probably because their name isn't on it. But it's more functional to have a photo ID and key card clipped together so that if the key card goes bad, another can be made in seconds instead of having to wait for a whole new photo ID to be made.

Tcat.

Sent from my Lite-Brite modded to run Free BSD.

When I read the "local hospital" comments, I didn't think this was related to Teleka. I did wonder why none of the reports brought her name up. In that part of MI, do they not know about her? That's a horrible thought.

I live in metro-Detroit where there hasn't been much in the way of news about Teleka Patrick for quite a while - maybe not since the medical resident first went missing. There are plenty of local missing persons to keep our media outlets busy. If I didn't frequent Websleuths, I probably wouldn't have known about many missing persons across Michigan. Unless there are major developments in outstate cases, Detroit news outlets tend not to cover these stories. Same with Jessica Heeringa who has been missing from Norton Shores, MI since April 26, 2013. I've mentioned Jessica and Teleka to locals who know nothing about either case.

I wonder if this is related to the body parts that were turning up in the sewer over the past year.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back