1444 users online (329 members and 1115 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 878
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,890

    Trial Discussion Thread #14 - 14.03.28, Day 16

    Oscar Pistorius: South Africa gears up for its 'trial of the century'

    (CNN) -- He was one of South Africa's favorite sons, an amputee track star who defied all the odds and sprinted into the hearts of millions during the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. She was a staggering beauty with the brains to match, a law graduate and model whose star was on the rise.

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/...trial-preview/



    Pistorius channel goes on air in South Africa

    http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_306483/con...tguid=Ip4glGHn
    Watch live: Oscar Pistorius murder trial
    Follow events from Pretoria as paralympic athlete Oscar Pistorius appears in court accused of murdering his girlfriend, the model Reeva Steenkamp.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...der-trial.html


    Links:

    Full Indictment-4 Counts-107 Witnesses

    http://www.scribd.com/embeds/1856954...endations=true

    http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...uling-20140225

    http://www.channel24.co.za/TV/News/D...bloid-20140228


    Twitter:

    https://twitter.com/oscartrial199

    https://twitter.com/GeraldImrayAP

    https://twitter.com/Debora_Patta

    Live Streaming:

    http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_of...l-live-stream/

    http://mybroadband.co.za/news/intern...streaming.html

    http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch...r-trial-day-9/

    http://whoopwhoop.tv/pistorius2.htm

    Live News Feed

    http://cnnworldlive.cnn.com/Event/Os...torius_trial_4

    Trial Video Archive:

    http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_of...trial-archive/

    _________________________________________

    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    Thread #9
    Thread #10
    Thread #11
    Thread #12 Thread #13
    Last edited by Harmony2; 04-07-2014 at 08:42 PM.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    29,890
    Updated Trial Schedule


    "The court in Guateng province said that the trial would continue until 4 April, then adjourn for one week before resuming until 16 May.

    "All parties involved" had agreed to the dates, the court said."


    Link - BBC South Africa




    Admin/Mod Note

    Thank you all for participating! This forum has a special dynamic - good sleuthers, intelligent discussions, though provoking opinions expressed ... it makes it enjoyable to read & moderate. We sincerely thank you for that!

    The last few days I've been disappointed to see a few exchanges begin to deteriorate - escalating from a lack of tolerance for differing opinions. Of course opinions are going to differ when a bunch of intelligent, independent thinkers have a discussion. That's a good thing, not a bad thing. I understand the passion but the purpose should not be to change anyone else's mind. Respect your fellow posters and make a conscious effort to be tolerant. Please note that passive-aggressive, snarky, personalized posts will not be tolerated and, beginning immediately, will result in a loss of posting privileges.

    Thanks all.
    __________________________________
    Muddy water in the street
    ; Muddy water 'round my feet... as sung by the inimitable Bessie Smith, "Muddy Water (A Mississippi Moan)"

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,486

    Trial Discussion Thread #14 - 14.03.28, Day 18

    link
    link

    Continue discussion here...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,486
    Oscar Pistorius: the key questions he must answer from the witness box

    The athlete's performance on the stand could spell the difference between life in jail or a chance to resurrect his sporting career

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ns-witness-box

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,486
    Oscar Pistorius trial: How will the defense fight back?

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/27/world/...trial-defense/

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    10,756
    Good morning, you crazy sleuthies!
    "He who introduces KY into the relationship is no abused virgin." - Aristotle

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    491

    33

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2 View Post
    Oscar Pistorius: the key questions he must answer from the witness box

    The athlete's performance on the stand could spell the difference between life in jail or a chance to resurrect his sporting career

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ns-witness-box
    33 minutes and counting...

    Thanks, Bessie, Harmony, and Lisa Salinger (smile),

    Let's see if OP can take his charm to another level... he could win over this judge...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,909
    Just read a comment on twitter that the defense might make a motion for Oscar to testify later in the case, and State will oppose it.

    Why is there an order that he not be televised? Was this his request?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,836
    I'm in......good morning all......30 minutes till showtime. tick tock
    ~ shine on you crAzy diamond ~ Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,909
    A little pre-game commentary if anyone's interested

    http://whoopwhoop.tv/pistoriusradio.htm


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    811
    Quote Originally Posted by minor4th View Post
    Just read a comment on twitter that the defense might make a motion for Oscar to testify later in the case, and State will oppose it.

    Why is there an order that he not be televised? Was this his request?
    Not sure, but there is an application to broadcast today's proceedings before the court.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,523
    Morning sluethers! .. thanks for the lovely animal biscuits, Harmony (I'm still trying to catch up on the remainder of the previous thread atm!)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by MeeBee View Post
    Good morning, you crazy sleuthies!
    Really surprised we didn't hear from Reeva's BFF Myers... or from Warren, the ex. A boost for OPs defense... little there I guess.

    Still, without a doubt... this guy knew what he was doing... he's a POS and needs to pay the price for constantly having a hard on for pulling the trigger... makes him feel powerful... like a normal person... couldn't let the public know he was dumped by south Africa's own emerging model... knows the feeling of heart break-- could not live through it... he had set up the plan months before... even planting a tweet about an intruder... no matter what he would get away with it... he had pulled off the impossible before, this would be yet another challenge, one he would win... and move on...

    Let's Rock!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Forensics View Post
    Not sure, but there is an application to broadcast today's proceedings before the court.
    Yes, the media adv is getting his robes on and getting ready to address the court about the media issue

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by gajonka View Post
    Really surprised we didn't hear from Reeva's BFF Myers... or from Warren, the ex. A boost for OPs defense... little there I guess.

    Still, without a doubt... this guy knew what he was doing... he's a POS and needs to pay the price for constantly having a hard on for pulling the trigger... makes him feel powerful... like a normal person... couldn't let the public know he was dumped by south Africa's own emerging model... knows the feeling of heart break-- could not live through it... he had set up the plan months before... even planting a tweet about an intruder... no matter what he would get away with it... he had pulled off the impossible before, this would be yet another challenge, one he would win... and move on...

    Let's Rock!
    Could he really have set it up months before? My understanding is that they had only been going out together for 3 months .. have I got that wrong? It seems more like a 'heat of the moment' thing to me.

Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 151
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 04:48 PM
  2. Trial Discussion Thread #28 - 14.04.17, Day 25
    By beach in forum Oscar Pistorius
    Replies: 1211
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 10:43 PM
  3. Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23
    By beach in forum Oscar Pistorius
    Replies: 1521
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 03:18 AM
  4. Trial Discussion Thread #11 weekend thread
    By beach in forum Oscar Pistorius
    Replies: 1190
    Last Post: 03-24-2014, 02:33 AM
  5. Trial Discussion Thread #7 weekend thread
    By beach in forum Oscar Pistorius
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 03:02 AM

Tags for this Thread