GUILTY CA - Alan Velete for torturing, killing puppy, Redwood City, 2013

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Posted: 5:35 p.m. Thursday, March 27, 2014 KTVU and Wires
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. —
A Redwood City judge Thursday found that a local man must be held to answer for allegedly torturing a puppy to death in front of his 4-year-old daughter. Alan Velete, 32, was already on probation for felony assault when he moved with his girlfriend and daughter in December to an apartment belonging to his girlfriend's mother, according to the office of San Mateo County District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe.
Shortly thereafter, prosecutors say Lucky, their 4-month-old terrier puppy, defecated on the apartment floor, enraging Velete.
Over the next few weeks, prosecutors allege Velete committed multiple acts of torture against the puppy, much of it in front of his daughter.
The acts include punching and kicking the terrier, putting it in a duffel bag and hanging it in the shower, taping its mouth closed, force feeding it Velete's psychiatric drugs, and spraying household cleaner in its eyes, prosecutors said.
Ultimately, the D.A.'s office reports Velete finally killed the dog by suffocating it on Jan. 6. Velete put the body in a duffel bag and threw it in a garbage bin. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/man-answer-puppy-torture-charges/nfMnn/

I imagine the grandmother was fearful of the guy to not confront him herself but dropped a dime. I sure hope the little girls mother does not get back with him after he is released because if he does this to a puppy he probably had abused the mother or child.

Why did I click on this thread... crying now.

I would like to see the things he did to the puppy done to him. That includes his final act. I see no reason this miscreant show be allowed to be around people or animals.

I would like to see the things he did to the puppy done to him. That includes his final act. I see no reason this miscreant show be allowed to be around people or animals.

So many times I've said this. I agree totally.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-puppy-torture-sentence-20140929-story.html

Redwood City man was sentenced to two years in jail for torturing and suffocating his family's puppy in front of his 4-year-old daughter, officials said Monday.

Alan Benjamin Velete, 32, was also ordered Friday to serve a third year in a residential rehabilitation treatment center, according to the San Mateo County district attorney's office. Velete was placed on four years' probation and ordered to stay away from his daughter and ex-girlfriend. He was forbidden from owning or caring for any animals.

His sentence comes nearly two months after he pleaded no contest in July to one count of felony animal cruelty and a misdemeanor count of child endangerment.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back