763 users online (90 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

Angry Elderly woman and granddaughter being terrorized by hacker through cable box.

so creepy! that !@#$%^&*!

I've read about people remotely taking over computers and using the webcam to spy on people, also typing appearing on a person's computer screen, and then there's the creeps that hack into baby monitoring systems and kid's game systems and doing similar things.

I wonder if the grandmother got video of it happening. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of someone in the house doing it - like hiding in the walls or even just a family member who's a psycho.

The comments under the first linked story are interesting. I have no idea if they are accurate.

It sounds like an inside job to me. And that makes it even creepier to me.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydeadpool View Post
    Katie Couric had a show dedicated to the subject a few months back. It had to do with hackers into a computer webcam and watching everything going on in the room. Everyone should keep it covered.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    The comments under the first linked story are interesting. I have no idea if they are accurate.
    I agree with the comment about someone getting control of a webcam in the house and then the cable box. Every electronic device in our house, laptops, PCs and tablets, have a sticker over the webcam that can be removed when needed; access to webcam is at our choice and not a hacker.

This GQ article will give some insight, scary insight, about hacker capabilities.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/news...virus-internet

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin