964 users online (186 members and 778 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Denise Pflum, 18, Connersville, 28 March 1986

28 years ago today...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pflum_denise.html
    Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: March 28, 1986 from Connersville, Indiana
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: January 14, 1968
    Height and Weight: 5'6, 135 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Pflum's ears are pierced. She wears contact lenses.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A size medium red Motley Crue t-shirt, size 11 blue striped jeans, old size 9 white sneakers, size 7 hip-hugger panties, a size 34B beige or white bra, a gold ring with a red setting and a silver class ring with a red setting.

Details of Disappearance
    Pflum left from her family's residence in Connersville, Indiana on March 28, 1986. She planned to retrieve her purse, which she believed she left at a party the previous evening. She didn't have any identification when she left home, or the carrying case or cleaning solution for her contact lenses. Pflum never arrived at her destination, although a friend reportedly saw her at 2:00 p.m. at a Fashion Bug store on 30th Street. She has never been heard from again. The following day, a farmer from Glenwood, Indiana reported that Pflum's cream-colored 1981 Buick Regal, which was registered to her parents, had been locked and abandoned alongside Tower Road, a gravel road east of Glenwood, since between 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. the day she went missing. This spot was all the way across the county from where she lived, and her family can't think of a reason why she would have gone there. There were no indications of a struggle at the scene.
    Pflum was a senior at Connersville High School at the time of her disappearance; she was an athlete and a member of the National Honor Society. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Fayette County Sheriff's Department 765-825-0535

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/262dfin.html
    Dentals: Available. Denise was missing tooth 1 and tooth 32, she was also missing 16 and 17. Denise had only two restorations on the top surfaces of tooth 18 and 19 and she wore a lower orthodontic retainer.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10555
    Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
    DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
    Fingerprint Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Indiana Missing: Rumors abound but no leads in Connersville teen's disappearance

Mar. 1, 2014
    David Pflum, Denise Pflum’s father, said no one from Indiana State Police has talked to them about the case since Jarvis collected their DNA. Like many cold cases, Denise Pflum’s case faces a key problem: time. Anytime this much time goes by, any potential witnesses could’ve died or moved on,” Jarvis said. “The longer this goes on, the more rumors that come about. People repeating the same stories.” And the longer the case stays open, the smaller the chance it will be solved. But, Jarvis said, there is always that chance.
    Comments on Topix the past 3 years discussing some of these rumors: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/broo...VA81R3O8QVUB6A

It is Implied that more than one person connected to what happened to Denise,

is there any new clues or theories what happened to her ?

Prayers for Denise and for her Family
    Last edited by Blue Girl1991; 10-19-2016 at 01:04 PM.

31 years later, Pflum case still unsolved

http://www.greensburgdailynews.com/n...e093b835a.html

Connersville Police Department Detective Craig Pennington walks in his office daily and at first glance are the files in the boxes: the files of Denise Pflum.

While the community may think the case is dead, Pennington says that is a far cry from the truth.

Pflum went missing at the age of 18 near the Rush/Fayette County line.

To this day, no one knows where she is.
    Pennington has stayed true to the case since day one and he stated that when he became detective, the Pflum file was something he wanted to dig into immediately.

“I think this is solvable, it will just take time. It will take somebody feeling guilty enough, it will eat at someone long enough,” Pennington said. “Everyone comes through here and wants to know where we are as far as the case. It is always open and always has been.”

Although the case has not been solved, Pennington still has faith that it will be and his passion proves it.

“I have a personal interest in it because Denise and I were about the same age. We went to school together, but I didn’t know her well. I felt some kinship, we graduated around the same time, and I felt like I have an interest in it that no one in any department had,” Pennington explained. “Myself, Michelle Dudley and Ellis McQueen have worked hard to consolidate all the files together over time. We are reformatted the entire case file, reorganized and have went back and interviewed people, have them recorded on discs so we can pass them on to the future investigators.”

Thank you for sharing the article JusticeWillBeServed.
    It is encouraging that Detective Craig Pennington has such motivation to solve this case, let's hope for his success to bring justice and closure to Denise family.

I wish we had more theories and thoughts regarding what's really happened to Denise.

Damarna is offline Verified State Coordinator for CFSI/ Insider - Parker Haluptzok
    Bumping for Denise.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk