28 years ago today...

pflum_denise.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pflum_denise.html
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: March 28, 1986 from Connersville, Indiana
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: January 14, 1968
Height and Weight: 5'6, 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Pflum's ears are pierced. She wears contact lenses.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A size medium red Motley Crue t-shirt, size 11 blue striped jeans, old size 9 white sneakers, size 7 hip-hugger panties, a size 34B beige or white bra, a gold ring with a red setting and a silver class ring with a red setting.

Details of Disappearance
Pflum left from her family's residence in Connersville, Indiana on March 28, 1986. She planned to retrieve her purse, which she believed she left at a party the previous evening. She didn't have any identification when she left home, or the carrying case or cleaning solution for her contact lenses. Pflum never arrived at her destination, although a friend reportedly saw her at 2:00 p.m. at a Fashion Bug store on 30th Street. She has never been heard from again. The following day, a farmer from Glenwood, Indiana reported that Pflum's cream-colored 1981 Buick Regal, which was registered to her parents, had been locked and abandoned alongside Tower Road, a gravel road east of Glenwood, since between 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. the day she went missing. This spot was all the way across the county from where she lived, and her family can't think of a reason why she would have gone there. There were no indications of a struggle at the scene.
Pflum was a senior at Connersville High School at the time of her disappearance; she was an athlete and a member of the National Honor Society. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Fayette County Sheriff's Department 765-825-0535

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/262dfin.html
Dentals: Available. Denise was missing tooth 1 and tooth 32, she was also missing 16 and 17. Denise had only two restorations on the top surfaces of tooth 18 and 19 and she wore a lower orthodontic retainer.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10555
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Fingerprint Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Indiana Missing: Rumors abound but no leads in Connersville teen's disappearance

Mar. 1, 2014
David Pflum, Denise Pflum’s father, said no one from Indiana State Police has talked to them about the case since Jarvis collected their DNA. Like many cold cases, Denise Pflum’s case faces a key problem: time. Anytime this much time goes by, any potential witnesses could’ve died or moved on,” Jarvis said. “The longer this goes on, the more rumors that come about. People repeating the same stories.” And the longer the case stays open, the smaller the chance it will be solved. But, Jarvis said, there is always that chance.
Comments on Topix the past 3 years discussing some of these rumors: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/brookville-in/TVFVA81R3O8QVUB6A

It is Implied that more than one person connected to what happened to Denise,

is there any new clues or theories what happened to her ?

Prayers for Denise and for her Family :prayer:

31 years later, Pflum case still unsolved

http://www.greensburgdailynews.com/news/years-later-pflum-case-still-unsolved/article_6cfa6dd5-cb5b-5a9e-a74a-d32e093b835a.html

Connersville Police Department Detective Craig Pennington walks in his office daily and at first glance are the files in the boxes: the files of Denise Pflum.

While the community may think the case is dead, Pennington says that is a far cry from the truth.

Pflum went missing at the age of 18 near the Rush/Fayette County line.

To this day, no one knows where she is.

Pennington has stayed true to the case since day one and he stated that when he became detective, the Pflum file was something he wanted to dig into immediately.

“I think this is solvable, it will just take time. It will take somebody feeling guilty enough, it will eat at someone long enough,” Pennington said. “Everyone comes through here and wants to know where we are as far as the case. It is always open and always has been.”

Although the case has not been solved, Pennington still has faith that it will be and his passion proves it.

“I have a personal interest in it because Denise and I were about the same age. We went to school together, but I didn’t know her well. I felt some kinship, we graduated around the same time, and I felt like I have an interest in it that no one in any department had,” Pennington explained. “Myself, Michelle Dudley and Ellis McQueen have worked hard to consolidate all the files together over time. We are reformatted the entire case file, reorganized and have went back and interviewed people, have them recorded on discs so we can pass them on to the future investigators.”

Thank you for sharing the article JusticeWillBeServed.
It is encouraging that Detective Craig Pennington has such motivation to solve this case, let's hope for his success to bring justice and closure to Denise family.

I wish we had more theories and thoughts regarding what's really happened to Denise.

Bumping for Denise.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mar 28th, 2018 - Denise Pflum mystery continues 32 years later

CONNERSVILLE, Ind. (WTHR) — An honor student. A talented artist. A budding scientist. At 18 years old, Denise Pflum had a bright future until March 28, 1986, when she would vanish without a trace.

"It was Good Friday. A beautiful Good Friday weather-wise," her father, David Pflum, recalls.
---
It started with a gathering the night before. Denise would forget her purse. The following day she would tell family and friends her plans to go out looking for it. It would be the last time anyone would hear from her.

"We do not believe that she ever went back to that to that area – something or some person interrupted that opportunity to do that," David believes.
---
Pictures and memories are all they have.

"She achieved a lot in her 18 years," Judy said.

Active in four sports — track, volleyball, basketball, and softball — along with 4-H, she also ranked in the top of her class. Denise had plans to go to Miami University in Ohio and major in microbiology, but her bright future would never get a chance to fully shine.

A month before prom, the Connersville High School senior would disappear. She had her dress. A just-released photograph from her family shows her in the gown that she would never get to wear to the dance.

Denise%205.png

---
A day after she disappeared, her Buick Regal would be found in a rural farm in neighboring Glenwood, but without any evidence, including fingerprints.

"I have always believed that the person or persons responsible for our daughter’s appearance is someone that she likely knew. God will punish them someday," David said.
---
This past January would be her 50th birthday.
---
The Pflum family did not live in the city limits of Connersville, meaning the case went from the city police department to the Fayette County Sheriff's Department. The Indiana State Police also got involved. All three agencies have a role in the case to this day.

Indiana State Police Detective Sergeant Scott Jarvis collected DNA samples from the family, along with a DNA sample from Denise they were able to pull from evidence. It has been put into the National DNA Database System.
---
Help has also come from a southwest Indiana police officer. Stacy Reece works for the Vincennes Police Department as a detective. She grew up in the Connersville area and is passionate about helping solve it. "Denise was one of the reasons I became a cop.

For Fayette County Sheriff Joey Laughlin, it is also personal. "I grew up in the area and was seven years old when it happened.

Detectives have filtered through evidence, conversations, interviews, rumors, and gossip.

Sheriff Laughlin adds that no detail is too small. The number to call is (765) 825-1110 extension 604.

https://www.wthr.com/article/denise-pflum-mystery-continues-32-years-later

Mar 28th, 2018 - Denise Pflum mystery continues 32 years later

CONNERSVILLE, Ind. (WTHR) — An honor student. A talented artist. A budding scientist. At 18 years old, Denise Pflum had a bright future until March 28, 1986, when she would vanish without a trace.

"It was Good Friday. A beautiful Good Friday weather-wise," her father, David Pflum, recalls.
---
It started with a gathering the night before. Denise would forget her purse. The following day she would tell family and friends her plans to go out looking for it. It would be the last time anyone would hear from her.

"We do not believe that she ever went back to that to that area – something or some person interrupted that opportunity to do that," David believes.
---
Pictures and memories are all they have.

"She achieved a lot in her 18 years," Judy said.

Active in four sports — track, volleyball, basketball, and softball — along with 4-H, she also ranked in the top of her class. Denise had plans to go to Miami University in Ohio and major in microbiology, but her bright future would never get a chance to fully shine.

Thank you very much

A month before prom, the Connersville High School senior would disappear. She had her dress. A just-released photograph from her family shows her in the gown that she would never get to wear to the dance.

cache.php

---
A day after she disappeared, her Buick Regal would be found in a rural farm in neighboring Glenwood, but without any evidence, including fingerprints.

"I have always believed that the person or persons responsible for our daughter’s appearance is someone that she likely knew. God will punish them someday," David said.
---
This past January would be her 50th birthday.
---
The Pflum family did not live in the city limits of Connersville, meaning the case went from the city police department to the Fayette County Sheriff's Department. The Indiana State Police also got involved. All three agencies have a role in the case to this day.

Indiana State Police Detective Sergeant Scott Jarvis collected DNA samples from the family, along with a DNA sample from Denise they were able to pull from evidence. It has been put into the National DNA Database System.
---
Help has also come from a southwest Indiana police officer. Stacy Reece works for the Vincennes Police Department as a detective. She grew up in the Connersville area and is passionate about helping solve it. "Denise was one of the reasons I became a cop.

For Fayette County Sheriff Joey Laughlin, it is also personal. "I grew up in the area and was seven years old when it happened.

Detectives have filtered through evidence, conversations, interviews, rumors, and gossip.

Sheriff Laughlin adds that no detail is too small. The number to call is (765) 825-1110 extension 604.

https://www.wthr.com/article/denise-pflum-mystery-continues-32-years-later

Thank you very much for the Detailed article with the Clip and for Denise pictures,this is the first time that I see these pictures and an interview with Denise's parents, to hear Denise father talking about how they were supposed to experience happy times with her and there is no joy anymore ..... it's so heartbreaking

I pray for justice for Denise and for her family, there are cases that solved after 30 40 years, it's never too late, it's possible to solve this case.

Al Ka ,Do you have a theory what happened to Denise?

Denise Diane Pflum
  • pflum_denise.jpg
  • pflum_denise2.jpg
  • pflum_denise3.jpg
  • pflum_denise4.jpg
  • Missing Since03/28/1986
  • Missing FromConnersville, Indiana
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth01/14/1968 (51)
  • Age18 years old
  • Height and Weight5'6, 135 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA size medium red Motley Crue t-shirt, size 11 blue striped jeans, old size 9 white sneakers, size 7 hip-hugger panties, a size 34B beige or white bra, a gold ring with a garnet, and a silver class ring with a red setting.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Pflum's ears are pierced. She wears contact lenses.
Details of Disappearance
Pflum left from her family's residence in Connersville, Indiana on March 28, 1986. She planned to retrieve her purse, which she believed she left at a party the previous evening. She didn't have any identification when she left home, or the carrying case or cleaning solution for her contact lenses.

Pflum never arrived at her destination, although a friend reportedly saw her at 2:00 p.m. at a Fashion Bug store on 30th Street. She has never been heard from again.

The following day, a farmer from Glenwood, Indiana reported that Pflum's cream-colored 1981 Buick Regal, which was registered to her parents, had been locked and abandoned alongside Tower Road, a gravel road east of Glenwood, since between 12:30 and 1:15 p.m. the day she went missing.

This spot was all the way across the county from where she lived, and her family can't think of a reason why she would have gone there. There were no indications of a struggle at the scene.

Pflum was a senior at Connersville High School at the time of her disappearance; she was an athlete and a member of the National Honor Society. Her case remains unsolved.

• NCMEC: 1326654
posterTitleMissing.png

Denise Pflum
NCMC1326654c1.jpg

• Missing Since
    • Mar 28, 1986
    • Missing From
    • Connersville, IN
    • DOB
    • Jan 14, 1968
    • Age Now
    • Sex
    • Female
    • Race
    • White
    • Hair Color
    • Brown
    • Eye Color
    • Brown
    • Height
    • 5'6"
    • Weight
    • 135 lbs
Extra Photo
NCMC1326654x1.jpg

Both photos shown are of Denise. She was last seen on March 28, 1986.

Have you seen this child? DENISE PFLUM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288