Identified! WA - Olympia, WhtMale UP8885, 20-30, Mar'98 - Richard McCullom

I found his NamUs profile: UP#8885

The profile has some serious errors, though. It says that he was 5 feet tall and died two months prior to his body being found. I have no idea where they got that because he was actually between 5'8 and 5'10, and actually died on (or maybe a few days before) the day he was found.

It does mention that he had a watch, but that doesn't help much because it was melted during the fire and can't be identified as a result.

Well Sherwin-Williams does have a presence in Oklahoma, but mostly in the center of the state around OKC. So unless he got the shirt in Washington, I'd assume he's from central Oklahoma. I also assume he didn't work there, but maybe was a contractor or something. Their headquarters is here in my neck of the woods so quite a few of my relatives have worked there at one time or another. I never have, but I have so much SW "swag" hanging around my house it's ridiculous.

My first thought: An early Israel Keyes victim? A glance at the IK timeline makes me think it could work, location-wise.

He liked to burn, too.

It may be significant to note that he is presumed to have ties to Oklahoma.

"No one ever reported McCullom as missing, Elwin said. When the body was found on a dirt road, there was no wallet or identification left behind, Elwin said.

"He has an ex-wife and kids, but they went through a divorce," Elwin said. "He's got family in Indiana and they were estranged to a certain degree.""

This is just absolutely unfathomable to me.

RichardMcCollum_zps0fa93765.jpg

http://www.king5.com/news/cities/olympia/Remains-of-cold-case-murder-victim-removed-from-grave-263905811.html

The family never filled out a missing persons report. They feared Richard got into drugs and wanted to disappear after getting divorced, and leaving his wife and two children in Tacoma.

"We just kind of lost hope with ever getting in touch with him again," said David McCullom, "Now this is just completely surreal. Every bit of it"...

While the family always hoped Richard was still alive, it's a relief to finally know what happened to him. "We do have that closure now, at least that part of it," said David McCullom. He still wants to find the person who, so far, has gotten away with his big brother's murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back