1238 users online (269 members and 969 guests)  

Websleuths News

5.3 Earthquake in So. Calif on 3/28/14

JBean just texted me that she's rocking and rolling!

Anyone else feel it?

She said the epicenter is in the Diamond Bar/La Habra area.

Felt it here on the northern edge of LA County! ( I feel the earth...move...under my feet)

5.3 Earthquake, 2km E of La Habra, California

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/a...=US&source=web

Quote Originally Posted by LaborDayRN View Post
    Felt it here on the northern edge of LA County! ( I feel the earth...move...under my feet)
    You have to be a real EQ veteran to sing while the ground is shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by noZme View Post
    You have to be a real EQ veteran to sing while the ground is shaking.
    You got it. That I am.

Just thankful no serious damage so far.

Some people were stuck on the Matterhorn at Disneyland because they shut everything down .
    My son in Santa Monica felt nothing but we felt it pretty good down here in south Orange County.

Arrow

It was downgraded to 5.1 but there was a foreshock and 7 aftershocks. My daughter was in Disneyland when it hit. They shut down the rides and got everyone out. She's down from No. CA with her school. Hoping they don't have to cancel the next two days. I think CalOsha will have to inspect both parks. At least they got to go to Medieval Times last night and march this afternoon.
    They did report some gas leaks in La Habra.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

My fil lives in la habra. No word from him yet. Suspect power outages. Wondering about gitana too.my friend just opened a brewery in Anaheim. He got hit pretty good with busted pipes,bottles and rocking tanks. Those really big ones.

My mom is in Anaheim Hills, and it was rocking pretty hard last night. Then there was a decent aftershock today. She's lived there for decades and is a little unnerved, but thankfully, she's fine.

Back in the day, I was in Palm Springs, in an elevator, and one hit. Not fun!
    Life is an attitude... have a good one :Bananahi: