Identified! OK - Stephens Co., Skeletal remains in pond, Mar'14 - Rose Bagley

amberdawn723

Reaction score
http://www.kswo.com/story/25104532/human-remains-found-in-bray-pond-again

The Stephens County Sheriff's Office was called out last week to a pond on Bailey Road. It's there neighbors said at least two distinctive pieces of bone were pulled from the mud. Now investigators are trying to determine who they belong to.

When investigators arrived on the scene, they were already pretty familiar with the area. That's because this isn't the first time human remains have emerged from this particular pond. Back in 2006, the body of missing 46-year-old Rose Bagley was recovered from this same location.

"We need to know if this is a homicide case, it could be a natural cause or a missing person so we're not sure if this is a crime or not at this point in time," said Jessica Brown, Investigator with the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation.

It's possible that the discovery is linked with the death of Rose Bagley but for now, Brown says it's too early to tell.

As far as I can see in the media, the killer of Rose Marie Bagley has not been found.
Very little information regarding her case (as I can find).

Hope the press report back on the findings of the bones.

Thanks for the followup article amberdawn.

There is an article here regarding Rose Bagley - it gives an indication she was with other people the day she went missing but only names the driver of the vehicle she was travelling with. It doesn't mention who the others were.

http://crimeshadows.com/rose.htm

I was under the impression that RB was by herself when she disappeared - though that could be incorrect, and it could be related?

They could be separate incidents and the pond was used as a dumping ground.

I hope the LE can give some more details soon.

Tommy Eastep?
Unlikely to be Tommy because it is over 2 hours away.

However, it does sound like there is a possible connection to the Bagley case. Two bodies in one small farm pond in rural OK? What are the chances?

Unlikely to be Tommy because it is over 2 hours away.

However, it does sound like there is a possible connection to the Bagley case. Two bodies in one small farm pond in rural OK? What are the chances?

I thought that as well.
Its not like it has public access and is surrounded by really dense forest (though there are some trees about and it seems as if the pond in a lower lying landscape)..
I'd say the chances of it being random are slim -
JMO

Agents had the pond drained to search for additional evidence in the homicide case, OSBI stated in a news release...

OSBI agents, Stephens County Sheriff Office deputies, a forensic anthropologist with the medical examiner’s office and an archeologist with the University of Oklahoma’s Crime Scene Archeology Recovery Group planned to spend several days in the area where Bagley’s remains were found, starting Wednesday, OSBI reported.
http://newsok.com/authorities-search-for-more-evidence-in-2006-homicide-case/article/5366047

Can someone point me to where in the article it states that these particular remains are also those of Rose Bagley? I'm not seeing that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back