04-01-2014, 04:02 AM #1
PA - Ambridge, WhtMale, 30s, in Ohio River, Mar'14 - Bryan Egress
The body of a man has been found floating in the water near Ambridge, S.W. PA on Monday March 24th. He is white, about 6'2", around 230 lbs with possibly brown hair. Wearing jeans and shorts underneath with a wide gold stripe. Tan combat boots. No shirt.
He was also wearing a yellow Livestrong bracelet and a light blue rubber Ann Arbor Police bracelet. Ann Arbor PD say that bracelet hasn't been issued for 15 years.
No obvious signs of trauma. It's believed the body may have floated down from Allegheny County. An autopsy is being conducted by Beaver County coroner.
Call Ambridge PD on 724-266-3270
or Beaver County PD on 724-624-4578
Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-10-2014 at 01:05 PM.We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance
Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
04-01-2014, 07:21 AM #2
Thank you for posting this. The Beaver County Times published an article about the man on March 26 but their site is subscription-only. Details from the print version, written after the autopsy was completed (and apologies if some of this is repeated from above):
* the body was in the river from one week to four months
* 25-35, 6'2"-6'3", 230-250 lbs.
* believed to have brown eyes
* he had all his teeth, pierced left ear, stretch marks going vertically on his torso, possibly had facial hair around his mouth area
* no tattoos found
* no broken bones or obvious wounds, COD yet to be determined
* fingerprints could not be taken
* Etnies brand blue jeans, no shirt, dark blue mesh shorts with a yellow stripe on the side and the University of Michigan emblem embroidered on the right leg (shorts worn under the jeans)
* tan Ro-Search combat style boots, size 11.5
* right wrist: light blue rubber bracelet "Ann Arbor Police -- Your Friends in Blue" and a woven friendship-style bracelet with green and brown threads and dark beads
* left wrist: yellow "Livestrong" bracelet and another woven bracelet with red, black and brown threads
This article has a correction regarding the Ann Arbor Police bracelet:
Police passed out the rubber bracelets at the Ann Arbor Art Fairs in 2013, and possibly 2012 as well. Initial media reports had said that the bracelet had not been distributed for 15 years.
Of those missing on the Michigan State Police website, this man is the closest match, IMHO. He's within an inch of the height estimate, weight is close, brown eyes, he has brown facial hair and he wore University of Michigan-branded clothing. However, he's been missing since 2001 and he's nine years older than the age estimate, making this doubtful.
04-10-2014, 12:58 PM #3
Identified. The link below is subscription-only but the print version of the newspaper stated he was Bryan M. Egress, 25, no address given.
May Bryan Rest in Peace.
04-10-2014, 01:15 PM #4Registered User
- Join Date
- Jul 2011
- Fairfield, Nelson Co, Ky USA
These aren't subscription only (one is cached) but they aren't related to the body found. I can only assume this is the same individual.
04-10-2014, 09:41 PM #5
The Bryan in those articles was 28 at the time of publication in 2012 and his middle initial is "K," not "M" like the UID. I think they might be different individuals.
By webrocket in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 9Last Post: 06-19-2016, 10:45 PM
By OkieGranny in forum Identified!Replies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2016, 05:58 PM
By los2188 in forum Located Persons DiscussionReplies: 9Last Post: 09-04-2014, 01:20 PM
By Sunrisenow in forum Identified!Replies: 1Last Post: 01-25-2014, 08:20 AM