723 users online (116 members and 607 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1297
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Jason Young to get new trial

    Breaking News: April 1, 2014 NC Appeals Court orders 3rd Trial for Jason Young.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Yes!

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Yes!

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

    I agree, in a way. This is one case that left me with more questions that answers. Couldn't get past the lack of evidence or find any credible motive.This new court ruling is based on the civil suit and custody agreement that "severely impacted Jason Young's ability to receive a fair trial."
    Between this new trial and Brad Cooper's new trial and/or unless Alford pleas are offered, NC is going to be really busy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    12,517
    NC Appeals Court orders third murder trial for Jason Young

    Raleigh, N.C. — The North Carolina Court of Appeals on Tuesday ordered a third trial for a man convicted of murdering his pregnant wife in their Wake County home seven years ago, saying a judge should not have allowed evidence about a wrongful death lawsuit.

    Jason Lynn Young, 39, is serving life in prison for first-degree murder in the Nov. 3, 2006, beating death of Michelle Young, who was five months' pregnant when her sister found her body in a pool of blood in the Youngs' bedroom


    http://www.wral.com/nc-appeals-court...oung/13528780/
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Is the daycare worker's testimony thrown out too?

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    5,508
    what the fk. Based on WHAT exactly? Fuming.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    5,508
    Ok, read the article. Fine, take out the civil cases and prosecute him again. He will be found guilty again. Thanks in part to his full-of-sh... testimony during trial #1. <mod snip>.
    Last edited by fran; 04-03-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: no name calling please
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,357
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Is the daycare worker's testimony thrown out too?

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

    No, that was not listed in the ruling, only the decision to let the wrongful death suit and the custody agreement to be allowed in Young's 2nd trial is the basis of the decision to grant a new 3rd trial.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Is the daycare worker's testimony thrown out too?

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Nope. It stays in as an "excited utterance" and I think that's a good thing!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    Ok, read the article. Fine, take out the civil cases and prosecute him again. He will be found guilty again. Thanks in part to his full-of-sh... testimony during trial #1. <mod snip>.
    Do you have a link to the video of them picking apart his testimony? What were the holes in it?

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Last edited by fran; 04-03-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: quoted post


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeFever View Post
    I agree, in a way. This is one case that left me with more questions that answers. Couldn't get past the lack of evidence or find any credible motive.This new court ruling is based on the civil suit and custody agreement that "severely impacted Jason Young's ability to receive a fair trial."
    Between this new trial and Brad Cooper's new trial and/or unless Alford pleas are offered, NC is going to be really busy.
    Me, too. Isn't that writer named Peterson also getting a new trial? Maybe NC Judges have a bias that the husbands are always guilty whether they did it or not. I never could figure out why the Judge didn't recuse himself after calling him a slayer in the civil case.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,214
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    Ok, read the article. Fine, take out the civil cases and prosecute him again. He will be found guilty again. Thanks in part to his full-of-sh... testimony during trial #1. <mod snip>.
    Trial #1 testimony resulted in jury deadlocked so I'm not sure of your point. He could always testify again. In fact, he should, imo.
    Last edited by fran; 04-03-2014 at 02:30 PM. Reason: quoted post

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    19,796
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    what the fk. Based on WHAT exactly? Fuming.
    I agree g/f, and may I add? !@#$%^&*()_{!@#$%^&*(O)P
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

    “It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”


    The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

    I stand with Standing Rock!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    9,610
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Is the daycare worker's testimony thrown out too?

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Nope. Appellate court found no fault in that testimony.

    ETA: Here's the ruling:

    http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local...rt_Opinion.pdf
    Last edited by borndem; 04-01-2014 at 02:49 PM. Reason: eta


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,218
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    Ok, read the article. Fine, take out the civil cases and prosecute him again. He will be found guilty again. Thanks in part to his full-of-sh... testimony during trial #1. <mod snip>.
    I agree, and I think JY is guilty as h3ll! I don't see how anyone watching the trial could think otherwise, but we are all free to have our own opinions!

    Last edited by fran; 04-03-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: quoted post
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Jason Young to get new trial #4
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1206
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 08:34 AM
  2. Jason Young to get new trial #3
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1655
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 06:58 PM
  3. Jason Young to get new trial #2
    By fran in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 1369
    Last Post: 06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
  4. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 05:53 PM
  5. POLL: Verdict Watch in Jason Young Trial #2
    By ynotdivein in forum Michelle Young
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 03-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread